PDA

View Full Version : This Weeks Smoking Hot Teacher Who Slee...

Suitanim
04-12-2006, 03:20 PM
...Whoops! This one faked cancer.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/8643989/detail.html

http://images.ibsys.com/2006/0412/8643651_240X180.jpg

NEW BEDFORD, Mass. -- The former special education teacher at Dighton-Rehoboth Regional High School accused of faking a cancer diagnosis and collecting tens of thousands in donations pleaded guilty in court Wednesday.

NewsCenter 5's Amalia Barreda reported that Heather Faria, 27, pleaded guilty to six charges at her arraignment in New Bedford Superior Court on Wednesday, including five counts of larceny over $250 and one count of gross fraud. In all, prosecutors said, Faria stole an estimated $35,000 in donations.

The prosecution said the money she stole while faking stomach cancer is secondary to the trust that she broke among the hundreds of people who rushed to help her.

"She made a big mistake and she knows it and she is sorry. She has a lot of pressure on her right now and she doesn't need you people," a relative of Faria's said after the court proceeding.

melroseplace
04-12-2006, 03:42 PM
"She made a big mistake and she knows it and she is sorry. She has a lot of pressure on her right now and she doesn't need you people," a relative of Faria's said after the court proceeding.

how can you even try to defend someone how does something like that?

pucho58
04-12-2006, 03:47 PM
That is sick, I donate to charity a lot and I'm in relay for life and other charity programs. When I read about people faking illnesses, it puts doubt in my mind;also it puts doubts in the people I collect money from.

SteelerzGirl
04-12-2006, 09:39 PM
I wonder if she thought of the "pressure" put upon the people who were kind and compassionate enough to donate money when they thought she was ill, regardless of their financial status. She deserves what she gets.

SteelShooter
04-13-2006, 12:35 AM
I wonder if she thought of the "pressure" put upon the people who were kind and compassionate enough to donate money when they thought she was ill, regardless of their financial status. She deserves what she gets.

:iagree:
I completely agree! "...and justice for all."

But, in reality, whatever she actually gets will not be enough compared to what she deserves! :m16:

clevestinks
04-13-2006, 03:39 AM
Bad Karma for her. You fake getting cancer? What was she thinking?