04-12-2006, 04:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2406644

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

83-Steelers-43
04-12-2006, 05:02 PM
Great.

tony hipchest
04-12-2006, 05:50 PM
kinda makes their trade for randy moss last season seem insignificant :rolleyes:

Suitanim
04-13-2006, 08:28 AM
Oh snap! The Raiders are SURE to win the Super Bowl now.

First Art Shell, then Aaron Brooks, now Lance Johnstone...

83-Steelers-43
04-13-2006, 08:33 AM
Way to go Al. We should trade Ben for Randy Moss and then we could be in the same situation as the Raiders. A top notch WR and no QB.

Tha rock
04-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Way to go Al. We should trade Ben for Randy Moss and then we could be in the same situation as the Raiders. A top notch WR and no QB.

umm no actually brooks can get it done

83-Steelers-43
04-13-2006, 09:59 AM

Umm yeah...lol. Keep telling yourself that junior. Whatever works.

Tha rock
04-13-2006, 10:02 AM
Umm yeah...lol.

What is with the hate from you guys brooks can be a good player i mean he had one bad season.

83-Steelers-43
04-13-2006, 10:05 AM
What is with the hate from you guys brooks can be a good player i mean he had one bad season.

No hate. I just feel the guy is over-hyped. Maybe If he learns to throw the ball forward, he might get you guys seven wins this year.

Tha rock
04-13-2006, 10:08 AM
No hate. I just feel the guy is over-hyped. Maybe If he learns to throw the ball forward, he might get you guys seven wins this year.

so your going to tell me that one bad play is whats killing him??? hewas also trying to make something out of hing on that and he thought it was deuce, reguadless how would he be overhyped if pretty much evryone is talking bad about him.

Suitanim
04-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Yup...that starting record of 35-42 is pretty terrifying for the rest of the AFC.

Read and learn about how the Raiders basically replaced one average QB with a near duplicate:

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/aaron-brooks-raiders210306.php

83-Steelers-43
04-13-2006, 10:14 AM
so your going to tell me that one bad play is whats killing him??? hewas also trying to make something out of hing on that and he thought it was deuce, reguadless how would he be overhyped if pretty much evryone is talking bad about him.

No, that's not what I'm going to tell you. I'm not basing my opinion on one bad play. I'm basing my opinion on why Brooks will fail in Oakland for two reasons.

1) It's not as if he's going to one of the best teams in the NFL.

2) In my opinion he's an average QB at best. He hasn't proven to me that he's anymore than an average QB at best.

The play in which he threw the ball behind him was just one instance of his average play. I don't care who he "thought" was in back of him, you don't throw the ball behind you. Take the sack or throw it away. It's basic QB fundamentals. Unless your in a pick up league.

Tha rock
04-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Yup...that starting record of 35-42 is pretty terrifying for the rest of the AFC.

Read and learn about how the Raiders basically replaced one average QB with a near duplicate:

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/aaron-brooks-raiders210306.php

why should i read that? its hating, brooks is completly diffrent than collins brooks throws more Td's and he can move the pocket and read defenses collins does none of that if collins was so great why did no one want to pick him up but the ratbirds??

Tha rock
04-13-2006, 10:58 AM
No, that's not what I'm going to tell you. I'm not basing my opinion on one bad play. I'm basing my opinion on why Brooks will fail in Oakland for two reasons.

1) It's not as if he's going to one of the best teams in the NFL.

2) In my opinion he's an average QB at best. He hasn't proven to me that he's anymore than an average QB at best.

The play in which he threw the ball behind him was just one instance of his average play. I don't care who he "thought" was in back of him, you don't throw the ball behind you. Take the sack or throw it away. It's basic QB fundamentals. Unless your in a pick up league.

hes proven he can throw and take a team with no defense what so ever and win with them i think a change of scenery will help him.

83-Steelers-43
04-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Why was he benched the last three remaining games last season? Besides for running off at the mouth. Last season....17 INTS? 70.0 passer rating? Sounds average to me. Until he can prove that he's more than a average QB at best, I will continue to believe that is exactly that.

Tha rock
04-13-2006, 11:39 AM
Why was he benched the last three remaining games last season? Besides for running off at the mouth. Last season....17 INTS? 70.0 passer rating? Sounds average to me. Until he can prove that he's more than a average QB at best, I will continue to believe that is exactly that.

ill give you that he did have one bad season, the reason he was benched was becuse he shot his mouth off at the owner publiclly and how about katrina i think it affected that whole team.

83-Steelers-43
04-13-2006, 01:27 PM
If he had one bad season a few years back, then ya. But he's coming off a bad season. Plus his number before that season in my opinion make him "average".

Suitanim
04-13-2006, 01:54 PM
why should i read that?

Because it's full of those pesky little buggers like facts and stats that prove you have no idea what you are talking about...

MasterOfPuppets
04-13-2006, 07:10 PM
why should i read that? its hating, brooks is completly diffrent than collins brooks throws more Td's and he can move the pocket and read defenses collins does none of that if collins was so great why did no one want to pick him up but the ratbirds??
and if brooks is so great,why was the raiders the only one interested???:rolleyes:

tony hipchest
04-13-2006, 07:22 PM
and if brooks is so great,why was the raiders the only one interested???:rolleyes:

ouch. that had to hurt.

MasterOfPuppets
04-13-2006, 08:37 PM
ouch. that had to hurt.
i'm sure it'll leave a mark....:sofunny: but he had it comin too him.

Tha rock
04-14-2006, 04:03 AM

actually no puuppet chick, bucs, green bay, bears and zona were all intrsted so shut up.

Suitanim
04-14-2006, 08:19 AM
Can we get a translater in here, please!

Tha rock
04-14-2006, 01:07 PM
Can we get a translater in here, please!

translate what?? that other teams wanted aaron?

BlackNGold203
04-14-2006, 01:19 PM
i looked up Aaron Brooks in the NFL dictionary....

all it said was:

see: Stewart, Kordell

sorry...Brooks = Stewart....flashes of brilliance...consistently imploding

MasterOfPuppets
04-14-2006, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=MasterOfPuppets]

actually no puuppet chick, bucs, green bay, bears and zona were all intrsted so shut up.
yeah....as a backup!!! ....so there fart face...:nana: now you shut up.

silver & black
04-14-2006, 08:04 PM
I'm really hoping that Andrew Walter will win the job, and Brooks can back him up. Might as well see what the kid has.

Suitanim
04-14-2006, 09:18 PM
I'm really hoping that Andrew Walter will win the job, and Brooks can back him up. Might as well see what the kid has.

Aaron Brooks WAS brought in to COMPETE for the starting job.

So we have ONE literate Raider fan. Nice. That's better than many non-Raider boards have.

Andrew Walter is okay, and interesting and all that, but not enough to keep the Raiders from selecting Vince Young when he drops to #7 in a couple weeks.

Tha rock
04-14-2006, 10:01 PM

So we have ONE literate Raider fan. Nice. That's better than many non-Raider boards have.

Andrew Walter is okay, and interesting and all that, but not enough to keep the Raiders from selecting Vince Young when he drops to #7 in a couple weeks.

like i said you just a damn hater that wants us to take young but we wont ok suitpen

silver & black
04-15-2006, 11:15 AM

You might be right about that. I don't really want Vince Young, but then, it doesn't matter what I want. I think Vince Young is going to be a star or a bust in the NFL... either way, I think he is a project that is at least two years from playing... probably three.

Livinginthe past
04-15-2006, 11:23 AM
There is a real dearth of Quality QB's in the NFL at this moment.

Off the top of my head I can name maybe 4 that I would give up a 1st round pick for - Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer.

I really dont think Young will have to wait as long as 2 or 3 years to learn the game - Vick has been allowed to bluff it for so long its unfunny and has one of the biggest contracts in football to boot.

NM

silver & black
04-15-2006, 12:29 PM
There is a real dearth of Quality QB's in the NFL at this moment.

Off the top of my head I can name maybe 4 that I would give up a 1st round pick for - Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer.

I really dont think Young will have to wait as long as 2 or 3 years to learn the game - Vick has been allowed to bluff it for so long its unfunny and has one of the biggest contracts in football to boot.

NM

I suppose that depends on where he ends up. If goes to a team that has a competent QB, I don't think he will start for a while. He needs some coaching and developement before he is a starter in the NFL.

If we get him, I would rather see Brooks or Walter start over him. I hope we draft defense anyway... we don't need Vince Young. We have bigger problems than QB at the moment.

I agree with your assesment of the QB situation in the NFL right now.

tony hipchest
04-15-2006, 01:12 PM
I agree with your assesment of the QB situation in the NFL right now. i do too. weve seen a hefty rotation of h. schulers, c. mcnowns, a. smiths, and r. leafs run through the league. why someone like a. smith (oops- alex) comes out making more $$$ than the carsons, bens, and toms of the league baffles me. i hope the steelers never get a top 5 pick again until this rookie contract crap is worked out.

Tha rock
04-15-2006, 06:25 PM
id hate to get a damn qb vince reminds me of akli, i wish we would just adress defense or O-line

Suitanim
04-15-2006, 07:11 PM
id hate to get a damn qb vince reminds me of akli, i wish we would just adress defense or O-line

Reminds YOU of Akili? As if you saw Akili Smith play when you were rolling around in your own filthy diapers.

The best way you could represent the Raider Nation (stolen moniker from the Steelers) would be to STFU and go away. Your knowledge of the NFL is the equivalent size of a basketball bouncing on a basketball court....and that basketball court sits on the head of a pin.

I've had better conversations with dogs about the NFL draft. Homeless people have more informed opinions than you do. You put the S-T-U-P-I in stupid. I feel sorry for your parents and wonder if they had any kids that actually lived...

Etc, etc, etc...

Tha rock
04-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Reminds YOU of Akili? As if you saw Akili Smith play when you were rolling around in your own filthy diapers.

The best way you could represent the Raider Nation (stolen moniker from the Steelers) would be to STFU and go away. Your knowledge of the NFL is the equivalent size of a basketball bouncing on a basketball court....and that basketball court sits on the head of a pin.

I've had better conversations with dogs about the NFL draft. Homeless people have more informed opinions than you do. You put the S-T-U-P-I in stupid. I feel sorry for your parents and wonder if they had any kids that actually lived...

Etc, etc, etc...

you know im sick of you punk ass bicth, if you dont like me dont come in my freaking threads punk so fukk off.
sorry to others who are reading this but suit pen needed this

Suitanim
04-15-2006, 07:19 PM
"Punk ass bitch"?

It's funny how your spelling gets better as you get madder and madder. You remind me of a cat trapped in a bag...you know you SHOULD be able to get out, but you're just too ****ing stupid to figure the easy and obvious answer out, so you claw and snap at the bag.

I think I could have handled your smack when I was in 4th grade...

Tha rock
04-15-2006, 07:26 PM
look bicth im done with your gay ass move on im seeing who the real 4th grader is with your personal attacks

Suitanim
04-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Personal attacks are rarely called for, but it's apropos here.

You just have no idea what you are talking about, and it PERSONALLY offends me, therefore I feel I have some latitude in my responses concerning what might personally offend you.

Do you wake up in the morning KNOWING you are way dumber than everyone around you, or do you think you measure up? I've always been fascinated by idiots who think they AREN'T idiots.

Livinginthe past
04-16-2006, 08:20 AM
I suppose that depends on where he ends up. If goes to a team that has a competent QB, I don't think he will start for a while. He needs some coaching and developement before he is a starter in the NFL.

If we get him, I would rather see Brooks or Walter start over him. I hope we draft defense anyway... we don't need Vince Young. We have bigger problems than QB at the moment.

I agree with your assesment of the QB situation in the NFL right now.

How much have you seen of Walter?

I cannot remember what round of the draft he was selected in last year - if it was fairly late I think that Oakland would be better off giving this years 1st rounder (if they pick one)a shot at learning/starting - I dont think that Oakland are looking at the playoffs this year anyway.

Whatever happened to Marques Tuiasosopa?

Seems like he has been waiting in the wings for an eternity.

Brooks may well prosper in a new environment - but I think the odd are against it.

NM

3 to be 4
04-16-2006, 09:14 AM

unfortunately, that "season" was between 2001 and 2005:bouncy:

silver & black
04-16-2006, 09:15 AM

I cannot remember what round of the draft he was selected in last year - if it was fairly late I think that Oakland would be better off giving this years 1st rounder (if they pick one)a shot at learning/starting - I dont think that Oakland are looking at the playoffs this year anyway.

Brooks may well prosper in a new environment - but I think the odd are against it.

NM
Walter was a third round pick, only because of his shoulder injury. He is back to 100% with the shoulder. He works with Rich Gannon, who says his shoulder is even stronger now, than it was before the surgery.

I've watched a couple of his college games and his pre season outings last season. He plays with a lot of poise and he moves around in the pocket very well. He is definately not a running QB but, he is mobile and avoids sacks. He has a strong arm and he has good accuracy. He is a big guy... 6'6" 235 lbs. From what I have seen of him, I think we may very well have our own future Tom Brady. Obviously, that won't happen overnight but, the kid seems to have all the right tools.

Tui is never going to play for the Raiders. I like him but, he just doesn't fit the vertical game that the Raiders like to play. He is a WCO type QB left over from the Gruden era. To be fair, the one start that he did get last year was a disaster for him, mostly because our O line was so bad. I doubt he will be with the Raiders at the start of the season. Tampa Bay seems likely.

I'm on the fence with Brooks. This is just a gut feeling, so don't read much into it... I think/hope the change of scenery will make a big difference for him. He has the talent and the arm. Maybe coming to a team with a tradition of winning (not recently, I know) and a coach that has every intention of re-instilling that attitude, he just may surprise all the nay sayers and become a very good QB. If he really lights it up in pre season, great. If not, I would rather see Walter play.

I have no delusional thoughts that the Raiders will see the play offs this year. My hope for the Raiders this season is to see some real improvement. 8-8 would be nice, 9-6 would be great. This is the NFL though... anything can happen!

I can't wait for the season to start. At the very least, it's going to be an interesting ride for Raider fans!

Livinginthe past
04-16-2006, 12:44 PM
Walter was a third round pick, only because of his shoulder injury. He is back to 100% with the shoulder. He works with Rich Gannon, who says his shoulder is even stronger now, than it was before the surgery.

I've watched a couple of his college games and his pre season outings last season. He plays with a lot of poise and he moves around in the pocket very well. He is definately not a running QB but, he is mobile and avoids sacks. He has a strong arm and he has good accuracy. He is a big guy... 6'6" 235 lbs. From what I have seen of him, I think we may very well have our own future Tom Brady. Obviously, that won't happen overnight but, the kid seems to have all the right tools.

Tui is never going to play for the Raiders. I like him but, he just doesn't fit the vertical game that the Raiders like to play. He is a WCO type QB left over from the Gruden era. To be fair, the one start that he did get last year was a disaster for him, mostly because our O line was so bad. I doubt he will be with the Raiders at the start of the season. Tampa Bay seems likely.

I'm on the fence with Brooks. This is just a gut feeling, so don't read much into it... I think/hope the change of scenery will make a big difference for him. He has the talent and the arm. Maybe coming to a team with a tradition of winning (not recently, I know) and a coach that has every intention of re-instilling that attitude, he just may surprise all the nay sayers and become a very good QB. If he really lights it up in pre season, great. If not, I would rather see Walter play.

I have no delusional thoughts that the Raiders will see the play offs this year. My hope for the Raiders this season is to see some real improvement. 8-8 would be nice, 9-6 would be great. This is the NFL though... anything can happen!

I can't wait for the season to start. At the very least, it's going to be an interesting ride for Raider fans!

That description you gave of Walter makes him sound similar to Ben Roeth. - large frame, good arm and mobile without being a scrambler.

The knock on Brooks has alwys been underachievement - which means he does have the talent to make it, if he finds himself in the right conditions.

Ill be interested to see how LaMont Jordan does this year - is the O-Line a problem - not creating holes for him maybe?

I remember the Raiders drafted Robert Gallery a year or two back - how is he looking?

NM

Tha rock
04-16-2006, 01:07 PM

NM

Tui didnt look great in the game he played against the jets, walter only played preseaspn due to him having a sports hernia. I agree with brooks will prosper in a new eniviorment just like hostetler, gannom and plunkitt he very well could and i hope he does. The reason im really not sold on a qb is becuse al said in 1992 ill never select a qb that high ever again. He hasnt't since then.

silver & black
04-16-2006, 01:25 PM
That description you gave of Walter makes him sound similar to Ben Roeth. - large frame, good arm and mobile without being a scrambler.

The knock on Brooks has alwys been underachievement - which means he does have the talent to make it, if he finds himself in the right conditions.

Ill be interested to see how LaMont Jordan does this year - is the O-Line a problem - not creating holes for him maybe?

I remember the Raiders drafted Robert Gallery a year or two back - how is he looking?

NM
I think Jordan will have a much better year than he had last year. The O line was a mess last year... injuries and players playing out of position. He still needs a real blocking FB, which we don't have at the moment.

Gallery hasn't played at his natural position, which is LT, since he got here. He struggled at RT last year, which has prompted the "is Gallery a bust" talk on every Raiders board. He has been moved back to LT for this season. I look for him to excell this season. I doubt that the O line will be as bad as last year. With Shell being a HOF LT himself, and Slater and Eatman on board as line coaches, things should get much better this season.

Tha rock
04-16-2006, 02:57 PM
I think Jordan will have a much better year than he had last year. The O line was a mess last year... injuries and players playing out of position. He still needs a real blocking FB, which we don't have at the moment.

Gallery hasn't played at his natural position, which is LT, since he got here. He struggled at RT last year, which has prompted the "is Gallery a bust" talk on every Raiders board. He has been moved back to LT for this season. I look for him to excell this season. I doubt that the O line will be as bad as last year. With Shell being a HOF LT himself, and Slater and Eatmen on board as line coaches, things should get much better this season.

i agree silver, great post. so whats your take on derric and lance i see it as a NY giants type them with usi and mike. i think derric will get 14 and lance 10-12.

silver & black
04-16-2006, 03:26 PM
i agree silver, great post. so whats your take on derric and lance i see it as a NY giants type them with usi and mike. i think derric will get 14 and lance 10-12.
I think Derrick will have another outstanding year. maybe not 16, but 10-12 for sure. Lance... not sure. He will put a lot of pressure on opposing QB's in third down situations. I don't think he will be an every down player.

Tha rock
04-16-2006, 04:05 PM
I think Derrick will have another outstanding year. maybe not 16, but 10-12 for sure. Lance... not sure. He will put a lot of pressure on opposing QB's in third down situations. I don't think he will be an every down player.

The thing you have to look at with lance is he has never had a good DE on the other side of him same with mike straghan and look at him an usi they feed off each other something that the will do and not only that people said the same thing about burgess that he was weak and he would only be used on third downs and look at him now. lance has also had 4 double digit sack seasons so its wouldnt be to hard for him.

silver & black
04-16-2006, 04:29 PM
The thing you have to look at with lance is he has never had a good DE on the other side of him same with mike straghan and look at him an usi they feed off each other something that the will do and not only that people said the same thing about burgess that he was weak and he would only be used on third downs and look at him now. lance has also had 4 double digit sack seasons so its wouldnt be to hard for him.
Hey, you never know. I sure hope they are the dynamic duo.

I was under the impression that Lance was brought in to be a situational player, and not an every down player. I guess we'll see.

83-Steelers-43
02-22-2007, 04:10 PM

Raiders cut ties with Brooks after one season: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2775325

BlacknGold76
02-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Just another reason to hate the Chokeland Faiders. Consider me to be officially a Raider Hater.

BlacknGold76
02-22-2007, 05:52 PM
Hey, you never know. I sure hope they are the dynamic duo.

I was under the impression that Lance was brought in to be a situational player, and not an every down player. I guess we'll see.

Hey Faiders fans, why don't you two taker your Chokeland faiders love fest to your own board and quit using our board for your mutual admiration society.

Livinginthe past
02-23-2007, 12:45 AM
Hey Faiders fans, why don't you two taker your Chokeland faiders love fest to your own board and quit using our board for your mutual admiration society.

This is called the NFL forum for a good reason.

And you really dont get to tell anyone where to post, either.

NM

BlacknGold76
02-23-2007, 05:31 PM
This is called the NFL forum for a good reason.

And you really dont get to tell anyone where to post, either.

NM

:jawdrop: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

silver & black
02-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Why bring back a year old thread?