PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR to reprimand Biffle's girlfriend

SteelerzGirl
04-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Bad, bad girl...(lol)! :smile:

NASCAR to reprimand Biffle's girlfriend

Associated Press

CONCORD, N.C. (AP) - Greg Biffle's girlfriend faces a reprimand from NASCAR about her pit-road confrontation with Kurt Busch's fiance after the two drivers wrecked at Texas Motor Speedway.

Busch hit the back of Biffle's car early in Sunday's race, causing an accident that ended Biffle's day. Biffle, the defending race winner, had led 49 of the first 82 laps before the crash and wound up 42nd.

Moments after the wreck, TV cameras caught girlfriend Nicole Lunders slamming a water bottle on Biffle's pit box. She then marched down pit road and climbed halfway up Busch's box and had a heated exchange with Eva Bryan. The brief confrontation created a buzz in NASCAR, and the sanctioning body wants to cool down the emotions.

"There will be some conversations that will be had with the people that participated, and we'll make sure that this doesn't carry on and into the garage or anywhere else," Robin Pemberton, vice president of competition, said Wednesday. "You've got to remember, most everybody in the garage area is friends, and those two girls in particular have a close relationship. Tempers flare, and we'll look at that and we'll make sure it doesn't carry on any further than that."

Biffle and Busch spent three seasons as Cup teammates at Roush Racing and had a friendly relationship that often put their girlfriends in the same social settings. Both drivers were testing at Richmond International Raceway on Wednesday and not immediately available for comment.

NASCAR does not have a steadfast rule against team members entering other pit boxes, but generally frowns upon it if the reason for approaching the area stems from something that happened in race.

"When altercations and things like that happen, we recommend that you stay in your own area," Pemberton said. "You can go have a conversation, but it can't be heated per se."

Family members are typically given entrance to the track on a "license" that recognizes them as a team member, meaning their actions can be policed by NASCAR and the sanctioning body reserves the right to revoke their pass at any time.

Lowe's Motor Speedway president Humpy Wheeler said wives and girlfriends had a stormy history during NASCAR's early days and many have been thrown out of tracks because of their behavior.

"That kind of stuff was common back in the old days, everybody was fighting back then, especially the women," Wheeler said. "But there wasn't the TV coverage we have today, so it wasn't that big of a deal."

SteelerDad
04-12-2006, 08:16 PM
This is what you get when family members are on the "sidelines."

NASCAR needs to kick fathers, mother, wives, boyfriends (Jaime McMurray), and girlfriends off of pit road.

SteelShooter
04-13-2006, 01:16 AM
I agree!

Ya don't see wives, kids, etc, on the sidelines during a ballgame.

clevestinks
04-13-2006, 03:33 AM
I agree!

Ya don't see wives, kids, etc, on the sidelines during a ballgame.
Well except for MC Hammer with Deion! What a fruit

tony hipchest
04-13-2006, 09:43 AM
moreso than any other sport or even entertainment event (except maybe the circus), nascar, and racing in general, is a family ordeal. its one of the things that gives nascar such great and growing appeal. families put on the show, and families pay to see the show. im willing to bet there isnt a driver in nascar who doesnt have family menbers as an employee of their team. before these drivers made it big, they didnt have teams, just family and friends who contributed and got them started and gave them the support. i think its pretty cool to see joe nemechecks (sponsored by the army) mom in the pits in her fatigues dressed like a drill sgt. rustys mom runs his fanclub, ryans dad drives his motor coach. kahnes brother works in the pits. wives such as d. harvick, and b. gordon become team owners. as long as kids arent running around pit road, getting in peoples way or getting hurt, im all for family members being there.

Suitanim
04-13-2006, 01:50 PM
Rome's take on this today (and I'm paraphrasing)

"It's been a long time since I disagreed with any take that NASCAR has had on their sport, but banning cat fights in the pit area is just wrong"

tony hipchest
04-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Rome's take on this today (and I'm paraphrasing)

"It's been a long time since I disagreed with any take that NASCAR has had on their sport, but banning cat fights in the pit area is just wrong" :cool: i very rarely disagree with any of romes takes. this one is no different.

83-Steelers-43
04-13-2006, 01:58 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what the point was in confronting the one guys girlfriend? What does the one guys girlfriend have to do with what goes on during the race and on the track? I'm puzzled here.

Suitanim
04-13-2006, 02:03 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what the point was in confronting the one guys girlfriend? What does the one guys girlfriend have to do with what goes on during the race and on the track? I'm puzzled here.

Remember the Miller Lite commercials a few years back when the two hot chicks fought in the fountain? Do you actually CARE what they were fighting about?

I miss those commercials...

83-Steelers-43
04-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Do you actually CARE what they were fighting about?

Good point, good point....:sofunny:

Suitanim
04-13-2006, 02:12 PM
I guess that was a coup for Miller Lite, since I actually remember the product being shilled...

SteelerzGirl
04-13-2006, 08:40 PM
moreso than any other sport or even entertainment event (except maybe the circus), nascar, and racing in general, is a family ordeal. its one of the things that gives nascar such great and growing appeal. families put on the show, and families pay to see the show. im willing to bet there isnt a driver in nascar who doesnt have family menbers as an employee of their team. before these drivers made it big, they didnt have teams, just family and friends who contributed and got them started and gave them the support. i think its pretty cool to see joe nemechecks (sponsored by the army) mom in the pits in her fatigues dressed like a drill sgt. rustys mom runs his fanclub, ryans dad drives his motor coach. kahnes brother works in the pits. wives such as d. harvick, and b. gordon become team owners. as long as kids arent running around pit road, getting in peoples way or getting hurt, im all for family members being there.

If they're not on the pit crew, they shouldn't be in the pits. If NASCAR wants to be taken seriously as a respected and ever growing sport to include all cultures, they need to conduct themselves in a manner befitting of that respect. No other sport, expect maybe the WWF (which is an entertainment type thing as opposed to an actual sport) condones such behavior on the sidelines. Everyone's mommy/wives/girlfriends can watch the race just as well from an area designated for family members outside the pits if they aren't part of the pit crew, and could then be permitted into Victory Lane to enjoy the celebration should their boy have the good fortune to get there. It shouldn't be a free for all.

tony hipchest
04-13-2006, 08:57 PM
If they're not on the pit crew, they shouldn't be in the pits. If NASCAR wants to be taken seriously as a respected and ever growing sport to include all cultures, they need to conduct themselves in a manner befitting of that respect. No other sport, expect maybe the WWF (which is an entertainment type thing as opposed to an actual sport) condones such behavior on the sidelines. Everyone's mommy/wives/girlfriends can watch the race just as well from an area designated for family members outside the pits if they aren't part of the pit crew, and could then be permitted into Victory Lane to enjoy the celebration should their boy have the good fortune to get there. It shouldn't be a free for all. the teams hire who they want working for them. not nascar. thats why both these ladies were in the pits. they were keeping lap times with the stopwatch. someone has to do it. they just so happen to do it for free and pretend they are actually involved. not all wives do this, only those who are actually willing to get that involved. otherwise most are in the motor coach watching the race or lifetime channel on t.v. its not like theirs wives and kids dodging cars on pit row while the race is on. if fans are allowed to be in the infield during a race families will be too.

pit crew members have gotten in altercations for years. it would be pretty sexist to suggest a female pit crew member couldnt do the same.

SteelerzGirl
04-13-2006, 09:00 PM
the teams hire who they want working for them. not nascar. thats why both these ladies were in the pits. they were keeping lap times with the stopwatch. someone has to do it. they just so happen to do it for free and pretend they are actually involved. not all wives do this, only those who are actually willing to get that involved. otherwise most are in the motor coach watching the race or lifetime channel on t.v. its not like theirs wives and kids dodging cars on pit row while the race is on. if fans are allowed to be in the infield during a race families will be too.

pit crew members have gotten in altercations for years. it would be pretty sexist to suggest a female pit crew member couldnt do the same.

Who is being sexist? I don't care if it's a male or a female. If they're not on the crew, they shouldn't be in the pits. And how do you know that this stuff won't get totally out of control in the future if it is allowed to continue? We're not talking about the infield. We're talking about the pits, and if a male and/or female can't control their behavior, they shouldn't be there and should get reprimanded. :rolleyes:

So sorry if that ruins your little catfight scenarios. Too bad, so sad.

tony hipchest
04-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Who is being sexist? I don't care if it's a male or a female. If they're not on the crew, they shouldn't be in the pits. And how do you know that this stuff won't get totally out of control in the future if it is allowed to continue? We're not talking about the infield. We're talking about the pits, and if a male and/or female can't control their behavior, they shouldn't be there. :rolleyes: the pits are within the parameters of the nfield, but that is semantics. whose accusing anyone of being sexist. i just stated a point along the lines that teresa earnhardt shouldnt be allowed in the pitbox because she is a mommy and not a legitimate team owner like r. childress or a pit crew member. did you know the person who keeps time on stopwatches, spotters, hauler drivers are considered pit crew members. also nascar issues these people the same passes as pitcrew members.

i stand by my initial point. nascar is truly a family sport and you will never be able to take the family out of nascar. its a futile effort.

SteelerzGirl
04-13-2006, 09:12 PM
the pits are within the parameters of the nfield, but that is semantics. whose accusing anyone of being sexist. i just stated a point along the lines that teresa earnhardt shouldnt be allowed in the pitbox because she is a mommy and not a legitimate team owner like r. childress or a pit crew member. did you know the person who keeps time on stopwatches, spotters, hauler drivers are considered pit crew members. also nascar issues these people the same passes as pitcrew members.

i stand by my initial point. nascar is truly a family sport and you will never be able to take the family out of nascar. its a futile effort.

Who is contesting that NASCAR isn't a family sport and wants to take the family out of NASCAR? Seems to me, tony, that you're the one who isn't getting the point, which is that crew members, family or not, should control their behavior. It's not that hard of a concept to comprehend. Doh!

You can keep talking out of both ends all you want. Doesn't matter to me...(lol).

MasterOfPuppets
04-13-2006, 09:22 PM
:popcorn:

tony hipchest
04-13-2006, 09:23 PM
this point.......:the point, which is that crew members, family or not, should control their behavior. It's not that hard of a concept to comprehend. Doh!

..........is a far cry from this one:

"If they're not on the pit crew, they shouldn't be in the pits..................... Everyone's mommy/wives/girlfriends can watch the race just as well from an area designated for family members outside the pits if they aren't part of the pit crew, and could then be permitted into Victory Lane to enjoy the celebration should their boy have the good fortune to get there. It shouldn't be a free for all."

tell me which end you are speaking out of so we can possibly see "EYE TO EYE" :sofunny:

fact is kurts and gregs gf's ARE members of the pit crew and team so i dont know how you can suggest they shouldnt be there.

MasterOfPuppets
04-13-2006, 09:57 PM
i just wanna know why some people think these altercations are bad,or make the sport look bad? i mean here it is several days after the fact,and what are people talkining about? the great racing? nope.its that small meaningless altercation. it adds the drama that fans crave.hell usually the fans cheer the louder during the little scuffles than they do the racing.and what gets more media coverage after the race? the race, or the fight after or during the race? all week long,after the bristol race,all the media talked about was,who will get the payback at martinsville. the emotions involved is what adds the extra element of excitement to the race. it would be a shame to loose that.

SteelerzGirl
04-13-2006, 10:02 PM
this point.......:

..........is a far cry from this one:

"If they're not on the pit crew, they shouldn't be in the pits..................... Everyone's mommy/wives/girlfriends can watch the race just as well from an area designated for family members outside the pits if they aren't part of the pit crew, and could then be permitted into Victory Lane to enjoy the celebration should their boy have the good fortune to get there. It shouldn't be a free for all."

tell me which end you are speaking out of so we can possibly see "EYE TO EYE" :sofunny:

fact is kurts and gregs gf's ARE members of the pit crew and team so i dont know how you can suggest they shouldnt be there.

You and I will not see eye to eye on this subject because you just don't get it. Nice try, though, trying to throw sexism and all your other garbage into the mix. :sofunny:

It is NASCAR, and not the teams, who rules the roost and will continue to do so. But you already know that. You don't feel that people should be responsible for their behavior in the pits. After all, you couldn't even answer the question I posed guaranteeing that things couldn't get totally out of control in the pits in the future if such behavior is condoned. Could it be because you can't control your own behavior? Or is it because you'd rather see some raunchy catfight between women in spite of what NASCAR is trying to make of the sport? I do believe that pit crew members should be responsible for their behavior, and so does NASCAR. After all, it's one of those crew member's behavior that resulted in the title of this thread, isn't it? And NASCAR, not Biffle's pit crew, is handing out the reprimand.

But thanks for playing. Come again. :smile:

tony hipchest
04-13-2006, 10:09 PM
i just wanna know why some people think these altercations are bad,or make the sport look bad? i mean here it is several days after the fact,and what are people talkining about? the great racing? nope.its that small meaningless altercation. it adds the drama that fans crave.hell usually the fans cheer the louder during the little scuffles than they do the racing.and what gets more media coverage after the race? the race, or the fight after or during the race? all week long,after the bristol race,all the media talked about was,who will get the payback at martinsville. the emotions involved is what adds the extra element of excitement to the race. it would be a shame to loose that. if the "altercation" had been between 2 male spotters or lap time keepers or pitcrew members this would never be a story. but it was 2 women who do something that happens amongst teams all the time - argue.

perhaps danica patrick and erin crocker should just observe the race from their designated area rather than getting involved.(:rolleyes: sarcasm) after all, theyre not members of the "pit crew"

MasterOfPuppets
04-13-2006, 10:15 PM
if the "altercation" had been between 2 male spotters or lap time keepers or pitcrew members this would never be a story. but it was 2 women who do something that happens amongst teams all the time - argue.

perhaps danica patrick and erin crocker should just observe the race from their designated area rather than getting involved.(:rolleyes: sarcasm) after all, theyre not members of the "pit crew"
yeah,but damn,its not like they were swingin on each other,and no one even knows what was said...although i'd imagine it was something to the effect of...."what's dumbo tryin to do,kill him before i'm the benefitiary............:sofunny:

Suitanim
04-14-2006, 08:12 AM
I'm not sure what the whole argument was about, but there is no way NASCAR will kick people out of the pits. They went as far as they could when they downgraded the hot passes a few years ago to keep spectators from getting run over during the race, but they will always let fans in the pit/gagarge area up until the race starts, and they will always let family and friends in the pits...it adds to the whole "Human interest" aspect of the sport.

SteelerzGirl
04-14-2006, 08:18 AM
I would never use the term "always" because, quite frankly, no one can say with 100% certainty if NASCAR will "always" let fans in the pits. My guess is that they won't "always" allow it. It's just a matter of time. :smile:

Just a nice discussion and Mr. Know-It-All thinking the teams rule the sport and not NASCAR. But then, I know how bitter he is about my being ahead of him in the SF NASCAR Fantasy League. It just sticks in his craw, and I know that. :rofl:

tony hipchest
04-14-2006, 09:21 AM
Just a nice discussion and Mr. Know-It-All thinking the teams rule the sport and not NASCAR. But then, I know how bitter he is about my being ahead of him in the SF NASCAR Fantasy League. It just sticks in his craw, and I know that. :rofl:

me???:rolleyes: just cause its clearly evident that im right, is no reason to go calling names, now.

very poor attempt at psychoanalyzation. ill just consider this thread dead. cause of death? the inevitable deflective manuver of making it personal, when one is shown to be wrong.

i eagerly await the "kick the france family out of nascar" thread.

Suitanim
04-14-2006, 09:23 AM
I think they will always allow people into the pits becuse it's part of the mystique of the sport, as well as consistent with NASCAR trying to be the most fan friendly sport it can be.

SteelerzGirl
04-14-2006, 10:03 AM
me???:rolleyes: just cause its clearly evident that im right, is no reason to go calling names, now.

very poor attempt at psychoanalyzation. ill just consider this thread dead. cause of death? the inevitable deflective manuver of making it personal, when one is shown to be wrong.

i eagerly await the "kick the france family out of nascar" thread.

The only person who is wrong here is you, tony, because you can't control your behavior and don't think anyone else should either. Nice try, though. :smile:

So how you doin' in the SF NASCAR Fantasy League? Oh wait, I'm sure you won't answer that question either. :sofunny:

clevestinks
04-14-2006, 10:06 AM
The only person who is wrong here is you, tony, because you can't control your behavior and don't think anyone else should either. Nice try, though. :smile:

So how you doin' in the SF NASCAR Fantasy League? Oh wait, I'm sure you won't answer that question either. :sofunny:
The Girl with the Smack! I Love it! Your momma

tony hipchest
04-14-2006, 10:31 AM
:pity: The only person who is wrong here is you, tony, because you can't control your behavior and don't think anyone else should either. Nice try, though. :smile:

:binky:???:coffee: wrong once again.....so much for you being "sure":

1 Ford Rules 2,056
2 Jimmie's Jewel 1,956
3 Under10 1,911
4 MK Ultra 1,896
5 Darlington Motorsports 1,892
6 Whole Shots 1,814
7 RIT Racing 1,789
8 DeIntimid8tors 1,754
9 the MisFiTs 1,684
10 IA Hawgs 1,646
11 GridironGrace 1,609
12 Steel Wheelz 1,516
13 whodey wholigans 1,425
14 TeamTony 1,405
15 Team Pittsburgh 1,404
16 xxx 1,385
17 SteelWheels

not to be so blunt, but really youre just a bunch of letters and words on a computer screen so i really dont care if youre beating me in a fantasy league. theres no $10,000 prize, and no pride to be gained or lost (not for me anyways). ive seen chimps who can pick stocks and ive seen dogs who can pick winning horses at the track. now THATS impressive.

this thread has been effectively derailed, but the point still stands. nascar will not be removing friends and family from the pits. nor should they.

SteelerzGirl
04-14-2006, 10:38 AM
:pity:

:binky:???:coffee: wrong once again.....so much for you being "sure":

1 Ford Rules 2,056
2 Jimmie's Jewel 1,956
3 Under10 1,911
4 MK Ultra 1,896
6 Whole Shots 1,814
7 RIT Racing 1,789
8 DeIntimid8tors 1,754
9 the MisFiTs 1,684
10 IA Hawgs 1,646
11 GridironGrace 1,609
12 Steel Wheelz 1,516
14 TeamTony 1,405
15 Team Pittsburgh 1,404
16 xxx 1,385
17 SteelWheels

not to be so blunt, but really youre just a bunch of letters and words on a computer screen so i really dont care if youre beating me in a fantasy league. theres no $10,000 prize, and no pride to be gained or lost (not for me anyways). ive seen chimps who can pick stocks and ive seen dogs who can pick winning horses at the track. now THATS impressive.

this thread has been effectively derailed, but the point still stands. nascar will not be removing friends and family from the pits. nor should they.

So who is that there in the #9 and #2 spots? I'm sure you're not the one with the username Jimmie's Jewel. That, of course, would be me. Ahhh... I love Jimmie so...(lol). Try to keep up, tony. :sofunny:

tony hipchest
04-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Try to keep up, tony. :sofunny:

lets see....300 pt deficit with about 30 races to go. thats about 10 points a race......i shouldnt have to try to hard to keep up. especially if you use up all your starts for the "hot" drivers to quick. i prefer to save the best for last.

SteelerzGirl
04-14-2006, 10:51 AM
lets see....300 pt deficit with about 30 races to go. thats about 10 points a race......i shouldnt have to try to hard to keep up. especially if you use up all your starts for the "hot" drivers to quick. i prefer to save the best for last.

Good luck with that, baby! :bouncy:

MasterOfPuppets
04-14-2006, 03:18 PM
1 Ford Rules 2,056
2 Jimmie's Jewel 1,956
3 Under10 1,911
4 MK Ultra 1,896
6 Whole Shots 1,814
7 RIT Racing 1,789
8 DeIntimid8tors 1,754
9 the MisFiTs 1,684
10 IA Hawgs 1,646
11 GridironGrace 1,609
12 Steel Wheelz 1,516
14 TeamTony 1,405
15 Team Pittsburgh 1,404
16 xxx 1,385 <--------- thats me....vroom ...vroom :bouncy:
17 SteelWheels

who is that in 13,14 and 15??? i'll be passing them soon,and whould like to wave on the way by :sofunny:

tony hipchest
04-22-2006, 12:17 PM
the funny thing with this altercation still mildly being talked about is right after the race there was video of the 2 ladies walking arm in arm, talking and smiling (kissing and making up so to speak). they are pretty good friends. that just doesnt make for as good of headlines as "catfight".

but the media did its job, creating a story where there really was nothing. im sure nascar will gladly accept the extra pub.

SteelerzGirl
04-22-2006, 02:39 PM
Yea, I heard they were good friends, too, tony. Did you ever hear what type of reprimand was meted out by NASCAR? I'd be interested to know.

tony hipchest
04-22-2006, 03:37 PM
i doubt we'll ever really know but im sure the lip service went something like this:

"good job mrs biffle to be. keep it up. just dont let it come to blows, and lets hope the phoenix race reaches an all time high for ratings"

SteelerzGirl
04-22-2006, 09:39 PM
Well, from what they said during the pre-race, NASCAR told them they're not allowed in each others box. :sofunny:

tony hipchest
04-22-2006, 10:07 PM
Well, from what they said during the pre-race, NASCAR told them they're not allowed in each others box. :sofunny::dang: that just ruined the fantasy!

SteelerzGirl
04-22-2006, 10:10 PM
Sorry...(lol).