PDA

View Full Version : I think the NFL Vetoed Ben in Top 10 Steelers

pittguy578
12-26-2010, 02:31 AM
Ben should have been in the top ten according to the "criteria"..Hard working...tough..etc. No QB I can remember is as tough as Ben and his winning percentage at a young age is unquestionable. I think it would have looked really bad if he made the list after his falling out with the Commish earlier in the year. I hate to say conspiracy,...

USWSteel
12-26-2010, 03:09 AM
Ben should have been in the top ten according to the "criteria"..Hard working...tough..etc. No QB I can remember is as tough as Ben and his winning percentage at a young age is unquestionable. I think it would have looked really bad if he made the list after his falling out with the Commish earlier in the year. I hate to say conspiracy,...

Just curious why you would say Ben is hard working ? I cant remember one off season where he ever came to camp in shape ? This year Ben came to camp with more chins than a Chinese phone book !

harts
12-26-2010, 05:47 AM
Ben hasnt done it long enough yet to be in the top 10
I know he has 2 rings but he has more years to prove
Their are 2 many greats that came through

Ham, Webster, Stallworth are all ahead of Ben IMO

plenewken
12-26-2010, 06:26 AM
Just curious why you would say Ben is hard working ? I cant remember one off season where he ever came to camp in shape ? This year Ben came to camp with more chins than a Chinese phone book !

LOL
He' also known for not studying videos. Hard working? I don't think so.
Top 10 Steelers? Not yet, IMO, not even top Steelers QB yet.

joeyssteelcurtain
12-26-2010, 08:19 AM
I think he should of made the list

Whodis
12-26-2010, 08:22 AM

Beat me to this one :applaudit:

I'm not on the Ben Rehabilitation band wagon until I see what he does in the offseason. Prior to this year I believe he was working out with Casey hampton?

steelerchad
12-26-2010, 08:27 AM
LOL

I've always heard he was diligent about his studying? He always comes with a few extra lbs., but I always heard he was well prepared film wise.

grward
12-27-2010, 08:50 AM
And exactly who would you leave off the list to put Ben on it? I'm not so sure he's proven himself just yet to beat out the other guys who did make the list. Is he good? Hell yeah. Is he tough? No question about it. Is he a perfect fit for our team? Sure is. But so were so many other players that didn't make that list.

Just about everyone said it, and it's true ... A top 10 list for the Steelers is absurd and nearly impossible to defend given all the GREATS that have played in our city. But what a GREAT problem to have! Just think how easy it would be to make a top 10 list for the poopstains.

desertsteel
12-27-2010, 09:15 AM
Top 10 all time??? How old are you.... 12? Lol

SteelWolf62
12-27-2010, 09:26 AM

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

DanRooney
12-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Not really funny to me. If Bradshaw is #2 ahead of guys like Lambert, and the fact that Jerome Bettis is even on the list at all when guys like Dawson, Ham, and Greene are no where to be found, Ben is a shoe in.

4xSBChamps
12-27-2010, 11:25 AM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/movies/RickyBobby-thumbs-up.jpg

plenewken
12-27-2010, 01:21 PM
I've always heard he was diligent about his studying? He always comes with a few extra lbs., but I always heard he was well prepared film wise.

I've heard the exact opposite. As for the few extra lbs, he's been looking more like a slob than a professional athlete for several years now. With Cowher, we had "The Chin", with Ben, we have "The Chins". <g>

Rick5895
12-27-2010, 02:22 PM
There are alot of guys more deserving than Ben, in fact I don't think anyone who is not a hall of famer should have been on the list.
There was no Ham, no Stallworth, no Stautner, , no John henry Johnson there sure as heck shouldn't be Ben. If we can the the super bowl this year then he might get my vote. Bradshaw is the best QB we've had.

thumper
12-27-2010, 02:59 PM
I kind of wondered if he was off the list due to the last few years of whatever
you want to call it. But after further review, he hasn't been playing long enough
to leave anyone off the list who did make it. I really think - like some said on
that show - that with the Steelers, a top 10 isn't appropriate. Too many great
players have to be left off. Webster, Stallworth, Ham, etc.

4xSBChamps
12-27-2010, 03:13 PM
I really think - like some said on that show - that with the Steelers, a top 10 isn't appropriate. Too many great
players have to be left off. Webster, Stallworth, Ham, etc.

Steeler fans have been fortunate... think of the 'Next-10' team you could assemble

Curtain_of_Steel
12-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Well Stallworth shouldve been over Swann. I'm not sold on Bettis either, I think that was a gift for Xmas. Would he be on that list if Ben didnt make the tackle after the fumble since we wouldve lost that year? Doubtful.

With 2 rings i would've liked to have seen Ben there, but its only 10 players deep.

I read the ,messages about ben being out of shape, a slob, chins etc. I have never once not seen him leave it all on the field. Never once has he taken the glory for himself, never once has he not hand out the glory in a win. He shoulders ever loss, doesnt whine, plays beaten up, bloddy, broken bones etc etc.

Regardless of his past issues, which I could not careless about, since he was never found guilty of anything, other than being young and dumb. He has been the only QB that i would want if I was starting a team today. Last year, 2 years ago, 3 years ago.
Give him an Oline and people will be asking, who was the other guy that had 4 rings?

fer522
12-27-2010, 05:21 PM

:toofunny: :rofl: :toofunny: :rofl: :toofunny: :rofl: :toofunny:

Third Rail
12-28-2010, 02:18 AM
LOL

Yeah, no kidding. Look at all of those rings we won with Mike Tomczak, Bubby Brister, Neil O'Donnell and Kordell Stewart.

Ben's got to lose a lot more games to compete with those guys.

plenewken
12-28-2010, 06:45 AM
Yeah, no kidding. Look at all of those rings we won with Mike Tomczak, Bubby Brister, Neil O'Donnell and Kordell Stewart.

Ben's got to lose a lot more games to compete with those guys.

I don't see why being better than these guys would make Ben a Top 10 Steelers and the top QB ever.

sharkweek
12-28-2010, 08:26 AM
I don't see why being better than these guys would make Ben a Top 10 Steelers and the top QB ever.

that's his point, the best Steelers QB of all time is Bradshaw who is mediocre at best when compared to the true great QBs.

the Steelers simply are not known for QB proficiency

Ben is already at least the #2 Steeler QB of all time and easily on track to usurp Bradshaw as the best Steeler QB of all time

plenewken
12-28-2010, 08:38 AM
that's his point, the best Steelers QB of all time is Bradshaw who is mediocre at best when compared to the true great QBs.

the Steelers simply are not known for QB proficiency

Ben is already at least the #2 Steeler QB of all time and easily on track to usurp Bradshaw as the best Steeler QB of all time

That's why I wrote earlier that Ben isn't the best Steelers QB ever yet. This means he is definitely on track to surpass Bradshaw in the future.

smheart78
12-28-2010, 09:39 AM
1. In the modern era of free agency and the like, I can see the case made for Ben over Bradshaw, though I still wouldn't make that call yet.
2. What bothers me more, after watching the Dallas top 10, is that they put Tom Landry as the #1. They made a special case for him even though he's not a player. I can't help but to think why Chuck Noll isn't considered one of the all-time great coaches. Consider his longevity, changed the stature of the organization and most ever super-bowl wins, this irks me.

Whodis
12-28-2010, 09:56 AM
1. In the modern era of free agency and the like, I can see the case made for Ben over Bradshaw, though I still wouldn't make that call yet.
2. What bothers me more, after watching the Dallas top 10, is that they put Tom Landry as the #1. They made a special case for him even though he's not a player. I can't help but to think why Chuck Noll isn't considered one of the all-time great coaches. Consider his longevity, changed the stature of the organization and most ever super-bowl wins, this irks me.

Because he didn't want to draft Marino? :popcorn:

Third Rail
12-28-2010, 09:58 AM

You said that he's not even a top Steelers QB. I'd like to know then, who the hell is, other than Bradshaw?

4xSBChamps
12-28-2010, 10:19 AM
What bothers me more, after watching the Dallas top 10, is that they put Tom Landry as the #1. They made a special case for him even though he's not a player. I can't help but to think why Chuck Noll isn't considered one of the all-time great coaches. Consider his longevity, changed the stature of the organization and most ever super-bowl wins, this irks me.

since it's inception, the Crygirl franchise has always funneled credit for that team's success thru their front-office (Landry, Brandt, Schramm, Murchison) first, then down to the players (the current schmucktoid-owner takes that to new levels), while Noll insisted that the players, who have a shorter career & earning-potential, take the bows

when looking at the over-all history & glory of the Steeler organization (excluding the founding Rooney family), a case could (and should) be made that Charles Henry Noll is the single most-important person in the franchise's existence, becauses before the day that Dan Rooney hired Noll, the Steelers were the undisputed laughing-stock of the League:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/BradshawNollpre-gamediscussion-1.jpg

since 27 January 1969, nobody has ever laughed at the Steelers again.

Third Rail
12-28-2010, 11:52 AM
Whoa, they actually put Landry as the #1 Cowboy? WTF?

That really is ridiculous. If coaches were eligible, the Noll sure as hell should have been on our list, possibly as #1.

Why Noll doesn't seem to get the respect of guys like Landry, "The NFL's Man in the AssHat," and John "Admiral Obvious" Madden, never made any sense to me. He has a better Super Bowl record than either of those jerks... more than anyone else, for that matter (one of many reasons I hope that the Cheats choke in the postseason this year). I guess it's just because he wasn't a media ***** like some coaches (Hello, Rex Ryan) and his team was so talented overall. But you need a great coach to select the right talent and know how to use it... As great as all of our 70's Steelers were, many of them might not have been as successful on another team.

plenewken
12-28-2010, 12:45 PM
You said that he's not even a top Steelers QB. I'd like to know then, who the hell is, other than Bradshaw?

I wrote that Ben is not the top Steelers QB ever yet . Bradshaw is, IMO. I also wrote that Ben should pass Bradshaw in the future.

Third Rail
12-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Oh, okay. Misunderstood. I thought you meant that he's not "a" top Steelers QB yet. I would definitely agree that he's not "the" top Steelers QB, though he could potentially surpass Terry if he keeps at it. That remains to be seen, however,

I do believe wholeheartedly though that Bradshaw benefited from being on a better overall team, whereas the current Steelers (and the Steelers that Ben won championships won with in 05 and 08) while, very good, do not come close to the the level of talent that was on the 70's team. Ben does have a little less to work with than Bradshaw, and his team does have to play within the confines of bullsh** NFL rules that were implemented in recent years.

steeltheone
12-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Here we go...Bradshaw had a better team crap. He never gets the credit he deserves.

silver & black
12-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Whoa, they actually put Landry as the #1 Cowboy? WTF?

That really is ridiculous. If coaches were eligible, the Noll sure as hell should have been on our list, possibly as #1.

Why Noll doesn't seem to get the respect of guys like Landry, "The NFL's Man in the AssHat," and John "Admiral Obvious" Madden, never made any sense to me. He has a better Super Bowl record than either of those jerks... more than anyone else, for that matter (one of many reasons I hope that the Cheats choke in the postseason this year). I guess it's just because he wasn't a media ***** like some coaches (Hello, Rex Ryan) and his team was so talented overall. But you need a great coach to select the right talent and know how to use it... As great as all of our 70's Steelers were, many of them might not have been as successful on another team.

Just curious as to why you would call two great coaches "jerks"?

I understand being a homer, but give credit where credit is due.

For the record, I have nothing but respect for Noll... and I hate him at the same time. :chuckle:

silver & black
12-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Oh, okay. Misunderstood. I thought you meant that he's not "a" top Steelers QB yet. I would definitely agree that he's not "the" top Steelers QB, though he could potentially surpass Terry if he keeps at it. That remains to be seen, however,

I do believe wholeheartedly though that Bradshaw benefited from being on a better overall team, whereas the current Steelers (and the Steelers that Ben won championships won with in 05 and 08) while, very good, do not come close to the the level of talent that was on the 70's team. Ben does have a little less to work with than Bradshaw, and his team does have to play within the confines of bullsh** NFL rules that were implemented in recent years.

Ummm.... it isn't close to the level of talent that the 70's team competed against, either. :wink02:

4xSBChamps
12-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Ummm.... it isn't close to the level of talent that the 70's team competed against, either. :wink02:

+ tax

MasterOfPuppets
12-28-2010, 02:37 PM

For the record, I have nothing but respect for Noll... and I hate him at the same time. :chuckle:
http://nflbook.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/0112_large.jpg

Third Rail
12-28-2010, 03:28 PM

Sorry, I hate Dallas, therefore I hate Landry and his stupid little hat. No idea what kind of actual person he was though, so I suppose that was unfounded.

However, Madden has ruined enough NFL games with his annoying, "I go out of my way to state the painfully obvious" commentary that I feel justified in ripping him whenever I get the chance. Ironicially, Jon Gruden, another one of your former Raiders coaches, is apparently heir to the throne with his annoying "I'm going to go out of my way to praise every single guy on the field" approach on MNF.

I also have a special hatred of Madden and your 70's Raiders for that "Immaculate Deception" bullshit they tried to pull.

Now, I do feel your (more recent) Raiders got completely screwed in that AFC Championship game against the Pats - the tuck rule is, and will forever be, the worst rule in the NFL - so I'll support a team when their complaints over calls or non-calls are valid (and I'm not just saying that because it was the Pats... the tuck rule sucks, period). But the bitching over the Immaculate Reception was nothing more than the gripes of sore losers.

Third Rail
12-28-2010, 03:30 PM

If you're taking about your Raiders, well then, absolutely. :wink02:

Steeler-Stamina
12-28-2010, 03:38 PM
Ben is the best QB of a great draft class.

plenewken
12-28-2010, 03:44 PM

If Ben didn't have much talent around him in SB 05, we would have lost to the Seahawks because Ben did absolutely everything possible to lose this game.
He definitely saved the Steelers from being eliminated against the Colts when he tackled the guy returning Bettis' fumble on the Colts goal line but he sure stunk up the joint in Detroit. LOL
This being said, the 70's team was awesome, no question.

jacksolomon
12-28-2010, 03:54 PM
If Ben didn't have much talent around him in SB 05, we would have lost to the Seahawks because Ben did absolutely everything possible to lose this game.

Never mind that we probably don't get out of Denver in the AFC Championship Game that year without Ben. The Broncos stopped the running game cold and dared Ben to beat them, which he did decisively.

Third Rail
12-28-2010, 04:03 PM
He definitely saved the Steelers from being eliminated against the Colts when he tackled the guy returning Bettis' fumble on the Colts goal line but he sure stunk up the joint in Detroit. LOL
This being said, the 70's team was awesome, no question.

He definitely had talent around him in 05; just saying that even that awesome squad wasn't at the level of the 70's team.

silver & black
12-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Sorry, I hate Dallas, therefore I hate Landry and his stupid little hat. No idea what kind of actual person he was though, so I suppose that was unfounded.

However, Madden has ruined enough NFL games with his annoying, "I go out of my way to state the painfully obvious" commentary that I feel justified in ripping him whenever I get the chance. Ironicially, Jon Gruden, another one of your former Raiders coaches, is apparently heir to the throne with his annoying "I'm going to go out of my way to praise every single guy on the field" approach on MNF.

I also have a special hatred of Madden and your 70's Raiders for that "Immaculate Deception" bullshit they tried to pull.

Now, I do feel your (more recent) Raiders got completely screwed in that AFC Championship game against the Pats - the tuck rule is, and will forever be, the worst rule in the NFL - so I'll support a team when their complaints over calls or non-calls are valid (and I'm not just saying that because it was the Pats... the tuck rule sucks, period). But the bitching over the Immaculate Reception was nothing more than the gripes of sore losers.

Exactly what bullshit did they try to pull? I seem to recall the officials making the call that would prevent a riot. The fact is, none of us will ever know what really happened on that play. It also seems to me that I hear more "justification" of the immaculate deception from Steelers fans than I do Raiders fans bitching about it. Also... I wouldn't exactly call it "gripes by sore losers". It was a fluke play at the end of the game that is still controvercial to this day. It's over and done with and part of NFL lore. If the game would have been decided in a more "normal" fasion, I doubt you would hear much about it. I'm sure if the tables were turned, Steelers fans would be every bit as disgruntled.

Now, I have to know; were you even alive when the immaculate deception happened? If you were, cool, but I hear more about this from Steelers fans that weren't born yet, than anyone else.

So, you hate good coaches because of how they commentate a game?... sorry, that's just lame. Judge them for what they accomplished on the field, not in the booth.

You may hate Madden, but he's still the only coach with a .750 winning percentage in his tenure as an NFL coach. I guess that chaps your ass, huh? :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
12-28-2010, 05:07 PM
i don't know S & B ... i have a few "old school" raider diehard fan friends that still like to harp on it ....:chuckle:

silver & black
12-28-2010, 05:11 PM
If you're taking about your Raiders, well then, absolutely. :wink02:

Well, the Raiders and the Steelers were definitely the two most dominant teams in the 70's, but the caliber of the teams was much better back then, across the board, IMO. Miami was a damn good team back then, and so was Dallas.

PhantomJB93
12-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Ben should not be in the top 10. He will be by the end of his career but not now.

Also, Rod Woodson was way too high, you could tell the NFL bumped him up cause he was one of their analysts. He's top 10 as well but not like number 4 or whatever he was.

4xSBChamps
12-28-2010, 05:21 PM
i don't know S & B ... i have a few "old school" raider diehard fan friends that still like to harp on it ....:chuckle:

I gotta agree, silver & black ~ if Pinkie & the owner himself

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/TV%20shows/EdGrimley.jpg

would've accepted the outcome & let it die, most bickering would've subsided by-now, but they aren't afraid to squeal like a stuck-pig about it, when given the chance

Well, the Raiders and the Steelers were definitely the two most dominant teams in the 70's, but the caliber of the teams was much better back then, across the board, IMO. Miami was a damn good team back then, and so was Dallas.

I have an book from 1994, about the 75 year history of the League, decade-by-decade, and the title of the chapter dedicated to the '70's was 'A Bully on Loitering on Every Corner', stating how Miami, Pittsburgh, Oakland, Dallas, Minnesota & Los Angeles basically dominated their respective divisions, and the League, during that time frame:
with any luck, the Vikes & Rams could've won multiple Championships, depriving those who did claim Lombardi Trophies

today's fans will never see a time like that again
:mad:

silver & black
12-28-2010, 05:42 PM

You know what, MOP... My old Steeler fan buddies and I do the same thing. It's all in good fun though. It's over and done with, and it's just another little tidbit that adds spice to the rivalry. Hopefully, this rivalry can get back to business in a few more years. :thumbsup:

4xSBChamps
12-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Hopefully, this rivalry can get back to business in a few more years.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Raiders' faithful fans having something to cheer about and play meaningful games against the Steelers, but Ms. Goodell would NEVER let it be the way it once-was between the 2 teams

:drink:

silver & black
12-28-2010, 05:48 PM
I gotta agree, silver & black ~ if Pinkie & the owner himself

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/TV%20shows/EdGrimley.jpg

would've accepted the outcome & let it die, most bickering would've subsided by-now, but they aren't afraid to squeal like a stuck-pig about it, when given the chance

I have an book from 1994, about the 75 year history of the League, decade-by-decade, and the title of the chapter dedicated to the '70's was 'A Bully on Loitering on Every Corner', stating how Miami, Pittsburgh, Oakland, Dallas, Minnesota & Los Angeles basically dominated their respective divisions, and the League, during that time frame:
with any luck, the Vikes & Rams could've won multiple Championships, depriving those who did claim Lombardi Trophies

today's fans will never see a time like that again
:mad:

LOL... that picture is hilarious! :sofunny:

Unfortunately, we have seen the best the NFL has/had to offer. I fear it can only get worse instead of better.

ZoneBlitzer
12-29-2010, 02:57 AM

That's priceless. Ben has got drinkers face.

pittguy578
12-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Ben has been playing as long as Troy, and Ben was the main reason the Steelers won the two Super Bowls.
I know he stunk it up in his first Super Bowl, but the way he played in the playoffs that year was phenomenal.
And everyone knows Ben is the only reason the Steelers won 43.

plenewken
12-29-2010, 03:34 PM
And everyone knows Ben is the only reason the Steelers won 43.

Only reason? Really? I didn't know. I remember Warner having a much higher QB rating than Ben: 377yds, 3TD, 1INT vs 256yds, 1TD, 1INT, so there must have been other important reasons for us to win. Harrison's key interception maybe? Holmes (key reception and MVP) maybe? Woodley (Warner's forced fumble at the end) maybe?

figg
12-29-2010, 10:42 PM
Only reason? Really? I didn't know. I remember Warner having a much higher QB rating than Ben: 377yds, 3TD, 1INT vs 256yds, 1TD, 1INT, so there must have been other important reasons for us to win. Harrison's key interception maybe? Holmes (key reception and MVP) maybe? Woodley (Warner's forced fumble at the end) maybe?

Ben had a great game in the SB wtf are you talking about? How about the amazing pass Ben made (or the one that Holmes dropped)? Or the scrambles and pump fakes to get Holmes open? You have no credibility because you're just a hater!

plenewken
12-30-2010, 07:36 AM
Ben had a great game in the SB wtf are you talking about? How about the amazing pass Ben made (or the one that Holmes dropped)? Or the scrambles and pump fakes to get Holmes open? You have no credibility because you're just a hater!

Get off the Kool Aid, dude, and learn to read.
When someone says Ben is the ONLY reason we won the SB, I must point out that there were many other reasons we won, besides Ben. Without Harrison intercepting the ball on our goal line and returning it for a TD right before half-time it was a completely different game. This was a 14pts swing, in case you missed it.
I'm not at all a hater but I'm not creaming my pants at the mere mention of Ben's name either.

figg
12-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Get off the Kool Aid, dude, and learn to read.
When someone says Ben is the ONLY reason we won the SB, I must point out that there were many other reasons we won, besides Ben. Without Harrison intercepting the ball on our goal line and returning it for a TD right before half-time it was a completely different game. This was a 14pts swing, in case you missed it.
I'm not at all a hater but I'm not creaming my pants at the mere mention of Ben's name either.

Every other post of your's is a negative about Roethlisberger. The D did give up the lead in the game and the O-line did hold in the endzone for a saftey! Give credit were it is due hater. BTW Warner did play a great SB with the help of a few great plays by Fitz and Boldin! When your blowing Warner remember he wasnt throwing to himself!

uclkyle
12-30-2010, 01:22 PM

And how do you know he came in out of shape? Ben should have been in the top 10, probably around 7 or so. I look at it this way, without Ben Roethlisberger, we are still looking for the "one for the thumb." Granted, his performance in the 2005 SB was unimpressive, but he put the team on his back the entire 2005 playoffs. The game in Denver, the tackle in Indy as Bus fumbled, he was amazing. Do you think Byron Leftwich, or even Phillip Rivers (if we had drafted him) would have lead the two minute drill in the last Super Bowl?

lionslicer
12-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Ben has played, what 6 seasons? He had that awful 2006 season. 2008 was definatally not his best year, he had a lot of comeback wins, but that was only because him and the offense wasn't that good the first part of the game. 2009 better, but not great at all. This year he's protected the ball well, but he hasn't done anything fantastic. As of right now, he's way too young to be considered in the top 10 steelers of all time. If he retired now, he wouldn't be in the hall of fame unlike the rest of the people on the list who are hall of famers or will be in the near future.

USWSteel
12-30-2010, 10:54 PM
]And how do you know he came in out of shape?[/SIZE] Ben should have been in the top 10, probably around 7 or so. I look at it this way, without Ben Roethlisberger, we are still looking for the "one for the thumb." Granted, his performance in the 2005 SB was unimpressive, but he put the team on his back the entire 2005 playoffs. The game in Denver, the tackle in Indy as Bus fumbled, he was amazing. Do you think Byron Leftwich, or even Phillip Rivers (if we had drafted him) would have lead the two minute drill in the last Super Bowl?

I counted his chins. He was out of shape. If he had a tan I might have confused him with casey hampton, you cant be serious ? He is a professional athlete when he came to camp he looked like a slob.

silver & black
12-30-2010, 11:04 PM
I counted his chins. He was out of shape. If he had a tan I might have confused him with casey hampton, you cant be serious ? He is a professional athlete when he came to camp he looked like a slob.

Hey... be happy your slob didn't perform like our slob... JaMorcas Russell. :chuckle:

lionslicer
12-31-2010, 01:50 AM

A lot of athletes come into training camp out of shape... training camp is to get them in shape, but the great ones get better every offseason. Rice, Payton, Sanders, all worked out constantly in the off season... But then again these are skill positioins, I don't remember Elway ever being in the best shape, but I don't recall him or Ben ever comming out of the game for a snap or 2 because they were out of breathe after running around in the backfield for like 10 seconds, then running.

STEEL-MAN
12-31-2010, 02:08 AM
HMMMMMMMM Sorry to pop your bubble, my son is cussing me right now but Ben isnt a top 10 yet Ham, Joe, White, Terry, Greenwood, Swan, Stallworth, Lambert, Troy, Weby, just getting started. A list big mo fo,,,,,,,,, who started this nonsense?

plenewken
12-31-2010, 07:56 AM
Every other post of your's is a negative about Roethlisberger. The D did give up the lead in the game and the O-line did hold in the endzone for a saftey! Give credit were it is due hater. BTW Warner did play a great SB with the help of a few great plays by Fitz and Boldin! When your blowing Warner remember he wasnt throwing to himself!

Hahaha! At the very least, try to be consistent in your reasoning. If Warner needed the help of Fitzgerald and Boldin (you forgot Breaston by the way), the same applied to Ben with Holmes, Ward and Miller.
Am I negative about Ben? No more and no less than with any other Steeler. When he plays well, I admit it, when he sucks I admit it, and when he acts like a moron off the field, I don't put the blame on others.
Maybe I expect more from a guy making over $100M than you?

fer522
12-31-2010, 10:43 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ tax

and tip

USWSteel
12-31-2010, 12:02 PM
A lot of athletes come into training camp out of shape... training camp is to get them in shape, but the great ones get better every offseason. Rice, Payton, Sanders, all worked out constantly in the off season... But then again these are skill positioins, I don't remember Elway ever being in the best shape, but I don't recall him or Ben ever comming out of the game for a snap or 2 because they were out of breathe after running around in the backfield for like 10 seconds, then running.

I guess the QB position isn't a skill position ? So your saying. My point is the one poster said Ben's hard working. Nothing could be further from reality. For years it has been reported that he has been the last one on the practice field and the first one off.

plenewken
12-31-2010, 01:10 PM
I guess the QB position isn't a skill position ? So your saying. My point is the one poster said Ben's hard working. Nothing could be further from reality. For years it has been reported that he has been the last one on the practice field and the first one off.

Nah, you're just a Ben hater .............. like me. :rofl:

figg
12-31-2010, 01:48 PM
Hahaha! At the very least, try to be consistent in your reasoning. If Warner needed the help of Fitzgerald and Boldin (you forgot Breaston by the way), the same applied to Ben with Holmes, Ward and Miller.
Am I negative about Ben? No more and no less than with any other Steeler. When he plays well, I admit it, when he sucks I admit it, and when he acts like a moron off the field, I don't put the blame on others.
Maybe I expect more from a guy making over $100M than you?

You're cumming in your pants talking about Warner and at the same time crediting the the Steelers D And you're talking about consistancy? :doh:

lionslicer
12-31-2010, 02:19 PM

People ways consider recievers and running backs skill positions :P

I'm not going to disagree that Ben probably never works out in the weight room or on the track, but he's always watched a lot of film. Though a couple years he had too big of an ego for himself to handle and didn't work as hard then, but he worked hard his first could years and this past year... only because he was suspended but still lol.

Why are we argueing how hard of a worker he is anyways, he's winning games and not throwing interceptions, so he must be doing something right.

plenewken
12-31-2010, 02:50 PM
You're cumming in your pants talking about Warner and at the same time crediting the the Steelers D And you're talking about consistancy? :doh:

Quit digging your hole, dude, really.

figg
12-31-2010, 04:01 PM
Quit digging your hole, dude, really.

dude, really. lol

rich4eagle
12-31-2010, 08:39 PM

Ben just does what he does plays hard gets hammered comes back gets hammered and OH YEAH WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

and plays best in crunch time over and over

disregarding that is well the substance of fools:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

plenewken
01-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Ben ................... and plays best in crunch time over and over .................

True, but without our D, there wouldn't be a crunch time cause we'd be too far behind.
I wish him and the offense could be more efficient during the first 57mn. ............. I'm just sayin'

Happy New Year to all Steelers fans. :tt02: