PDA

View Full Version : Here's a head smacker....

PisnNapalm
04-13-2006, 08:41 AM
I've got this Steelers page a day calendar on my desk. Each day is a new fact or question.

Here was today's question.

Terry Bradshaw holds the Steelers' record for career passing attempts (with 3,901) and completions (with 2,025). Who is next on the list with 2,107 attempts and 1,190 completions?

Scroll down for the answer...

Kordell Stewart :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :dang:

83-Steelers-43
04-13-2006, 08:50 AM
Good Ol' Korky. The guy still manages to ruin a day and he's not even on the roster.

clevestinks
04-13-2006, 09:07 AM
When you think about though, who started more than Kordell, its always been a few years here and there with the starters

BB2W
04-13-2006, 11:07 AM
The Kordell Stewart experiment lasted a few more years than it should have...

steelerdude
04-13-2006, 11:07 AM
I really don't think that Ben should have any problem surpassing korky on that list. Hell, he may even pass Bradshaw.

HburgXL06
04-13-2006, 11:10 AM
I don't get the beef everybody got wit Kordell. Maybe I'm just too young or somethin I thought he was a decent QB that just never was able to reach his full potential. I remember my dad always sayin that Kordell woulda been great playin slash.

BuFu

Koopa
04-13-2006, 12:30 PM
hey! i got it right, i thought i was being stupid guessing kordell but i scrolled down and i was right lol

BlackNGold203
04-13-2006, 02:48 PM
i have the same calendar....:)

Steelers stuff every day..I love it!!

83-Steelers-43
04-13-2006, 03:12 PM
I don't get the beef everybody got wit Kordell. Maybe I'm just too young or somethin I thought he was a decent QB that just never was able to reach his full potential. I remember my dad always sayin that Kordell woulda been great playin slash.

BuFu

Oh man. Where do I start?

Here's one example. The guy was crying on the sidelines after being benched in the middle of the 1998 game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

"I will have an opportunity to win a championship, I promise you," - Kordell Stewart (2003) :dang:

Midnightwriter1
04-13-2006, 04:33 PM
Exactly, it was more of a head problem in my opinion that doomed him. He is a " sensitive man" which is fine but while on the field and in the game of football you cant be crying because you get booed, becuase you get yanked or you throw stupid ass inteceptions. I dont blame Cowher for giving him a shot, Stewart had alot of skills. Cowher waited it out and they made the right move by ending it. Stwerat didnt want to go back to slash role ... I wil ltell you this, IF he would have stayed in that role, been happy as the slot receiver/ 3rd string emergency QB/ trick play guy with reverses and getting some Randle EL throws in ... he would be the highest paid Slot and would have gotten a contract possibly better than Randle Els. He felt he was a full time QB and his decision making skills just wernt there. I wish he would have accepted that fact because he really could have had the potential to go down as one of those guys that Steeler fans loved. He was until, until, until ... i hate saying it .... it makes me puke like O'Donnell does ... untl ... untill... he threw that pick in end zone agaisnt Denver late in game.

PisnNapalm
04-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Kordell had more skills as a wide out than a QB. He could have been a number one wide out too. I look at his career as talent wasted.

Stlrs4Life
04-13-2006, 04:43 PM
I really don't think that Ben should have any problem surpassing korky on that list. Hell, he may even pass Bradshaw.

That's for sure, and in less time also.