PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Reed shanks easy FG. Whiffs on kick returner (again)

tony hipchest
12-27-2010, 01:58 PM
just incase anyone needs any reminder of why he is gone, this highlight is pretty hilarious (reed half asses it and gets juked out of his shoes).

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010122606/2010/REG16/49ers@rams#tab:watch/analyze-channels:cat-post-boxscore

i give him a pass on not being able to tackle amendola (probably the best returner in the league and yardage leader), but he just looks pathetic trying to make an attempt.

worthy to note that no kicker is gonna make that tackle. they are no more equipped to make it than i am.

however, in the 4th quarter, with the score 15-14 STL, reed horribly hooked a 37 yarder. it was awful.

this was on turf...

in a dome...

and the announcers commented how he looked stiff legged and strange even in his approach to the ball.

:doh:

good riddance skippy. the signing of s. suisham may come back to bite us, but its better than to be bit by you.

lionslicer
12-27-2010, 05:51 PM
He was perfect up until this week with the 49ers... Though he's never attempted to tackle a returner ever... I really want to slap him, he has all that muscle, and he's a kicker, ****ing do something with it. Its sad because a 115 pound kicker could probably whoop his butt in field goals, tackling and a fight

mesaSteeler
12-27-2010, 05:52 PM
And towel dispensers through out San Francisco are now living in terror of being assaulted by the mad Skippy.

Since Skippy went away we haven't heard much about how difficult it is to kick at Heinz field.