that game. Plus they were desperate after dropping 2 games in a
row.

But watching them vs. da Bears...they stink. They won't be threatening
to make a long run in the play offs. Their D looked soft. Sanchez lacks
confidence or something. They just don't impress me. I hope Pgh plays
them in the play offs, fo wheelzzz.

FanSince72
12-27-2010, 04:48 PM
What killed the Jets in Chicago was overconfidence.

They ran off some quick scores and then they tried that fake punt thinking that they could pretty much do anything they wanted and the punt not only backfired but the fact that 'da Bears read that and played it perfectly seemed to light a fire under them.

Rex Ryan, in my opinion, is too wrapped up in headlines. I'll bet that before he called for that fake punt, he envisioned the NY tabs headlines praising him for his innovation and daring. Rex Ryan is all about Rex Ryan and he's shown that very much over the last few weeks. It's been said that the best coaches in history have usually been guys about whom people know very little outside of football (it took almost 20 years for people to find out that Noll was a wine connoisseur) and Rex doesn't fit that mold. He seems to be more concerned about having his mug plastered all over the sports pages than he is about his team and that's never a good thing.

When the Jets blew that fake punt and Chicago scored on the very next play, they panned to Rex and looked like a guy who just realized that he got waaaay ahead of himself and I thought to myself, "It serves you right for trying to be a hotshot".

USWSteel
12-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Yea, I know they beat us - but even so so teams stay in games
vs. us most of this season. If we had Troy and A. Smith, we win
row.

Yep, this makes complete sense, yet they came here and beat us. They suck so whats that say for the Steelers.

Stu Pidasso
12-27-2010, 05:09 PM
This should be in the NFL thread, not here.

MDSteel15
12-27-2010, 05:12 PM
What killed the Jets in Chicago was overconfidence.

They ran off some quick scores and then they tried that fake punt thinking that they could pretty much do anything they wanted and the punt not only backfired but the fact that 'da Bears read that and played it perfectly seemed to light a fire under them.

Rex Ryan, in my opinion, is too wrapped up in headlines. I'll bet that before he called for that fake punt, he envisioned the NY tabs headlines praising him for his innovation and daring. Rex Ryan is all about Rex Ryan and he's shown that very much over the last few weeks. It's been said that the best coaches in history have usually been guys about whom people know very little outside of football (it took almost 20 years for people to find out that Noll was a wine connoisseur) and Rex doesn't fit that mold. He seems to be more concerned about having his mug plastered all over the sports pages than he is about his team and that's never a good thing.

When the Jets blew that fake punt and Chicago scored on the very next play, they panned to Rex and looked like a guy who just realized that he got waaaay ahead of himself and I thought to myself, "It serves you right for trying to be a hotshot".

I think he likes being all over the internet more than the sports pages!! :popcorn:

steeltheone
12-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Yea, I know they beat us - but even so so teams stay in games
vs. us most of this season. If we had Troy and A. Smith, we win
row.

Jets are better player by player than the Steelers.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Ryan was to busy massaging his players feet to coach sunday.

He had the game and the MO, he went for it on 4th down early on, and sanchez failed. Next thing your knew Sanchez was making some bad passes, got out of rythem, and than when you need the choke artsit the most, he tosses and int, ala flacco.

You just need to rattle them, once you rattle them they fall a apart.

DanRooney
12-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Jets are better player by player than the Steelers.

Disagree. They have a better OL and corners player by player, but other than that I think we are ahead of them in all categories.