PDA

View Full Version : Troy Not Looking Likely For Browns

Atlanta Dan
12-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Bet on no Troy against the Bowns - this from Ed. B. of the P-G

No word yet on the status of Troy Polamalu for Sunday's game in Cleveland. He's missed the past two games with an injury associated with his Achilles.

However, Ijust talked to defensive captain James Farrior and he said this about Polamalu's chances of playing against the Browns: “It doesn’t look good, but you never know.’’

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports-town/steelers/107143-ed-polamalu-doesnt-look-good

I hope Troy sits on Sunday - rest him until mid-January

Whodis
12-27-2010, 04:37 PM
As someone said in another thread...... a healthy Smith and polamalu would be great!

Steel_Bus_24
12-27-2010, 05:03 PM
man Im starting worry if Troy will ever be able be himself this season

USWSteel
12-27-2010, 05:27 PM
man Im starting worry if Troy will ever be able be himself this season

I'm thinking it's more serious than we have been told, I wont be surprised if we have seen the last of Troy this year.
:mad:

fer522
12-27-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm thinking it's more serious than we have been told, I wont be surprised if we have seen the last of Troy this year.

as a great philosopher once said "He'll be back"

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

pete74
12-27-2010, 06:07 PM
hopefully it isnt to serious and he is able to come back for the playoffs.

Third Rail
12-28-2010, 01:15 AM
I'm beginning to worry too... but the most we can do is hope for the best, I guess.

Fire Arians
12-28-2010, 03:01 AM
he will be fine, they are being careful. we *shouldn't* need him to beat the likes of cleveland

not guaranteeing a win but seriously, it's week 17, if we drop one to the browns we have more problems than just missing troy

sharkweek
12-28-2010, 03:12 AM
he will be fine, they are being careful. we *shouldn't* need him to beat the likes of cleveland

not guaranteeing a win but seriously, it's week 17, if we drop one to the browns we have more problems than just missing troy

exactly, it isn't do or die until week 18 which we may or may not be part of, as long as he can go by week 18 it will be worth sitting him in the 17th

saveus1011
12-28-2010, 03:16 AM
We'll be fine against the Clowns.

pete74
12-28-2010, 04:46 AM
but nobody knows for sure that Troy will be healthy to play in the playoffs even if he does rest. if you remember the steelers downplayed his injury last season when he was first injured.

as for the game, if we lose were getting shot from a #2 seed to a #6 seed because i dont see Balitmore losing. hopefully we can go out and get a win without troy. it shouldnt be to hard with a rookie QB

sharkweek
12-28-2010, 06:52 AM
but nobody knows for sure that Troy will be healthy to play in the playoffs even if he does rest. if you remember the steelers downplayed his injury last season when he was first injured.

as for the game, if we lose were getting shot from a #2 seed to a #6 seed because i dont see Balitmore losing. hopefully we can go out and get a win without troy. it shouldnt be to hard with a rookie QB

Except the Bengals are on a winning streak and actually looking pretty good while the Browns are on a losing streak and looking as pitiful as ever. If any team has a legitimate chance to pull off the upset its the Bengals who have already beaten the Ravens this season and actually have a winning record against them in the past 10 games (they're a pretty amazing 7-3)

do you even keep track records of other teams

I'm not saying anything is set in stone, I still expect the Ravens to beat the Bengals and I could very well see the Browns pulling a performance out of their ass like they did against New Orleans and New England and beat us. But I think the Bengals have a much MUCH better chance of beating the Ravens than the Browns do of beating us.

joeyssteelcurtain
12-28-2010, 08:14 AM
He will play in the playoffs 100 %

Atlanta Dan
12-28-2010, 08:49 AM
2010 Troy may be like 2007 Troy when he played in the Jax playoff game but played on one leg

When healthy Troy is the most dynamic defender in the game but he has only played a full season once since 2005 (and even then there was concern he was injured coming out of teh San Diego playoff game)

Hoping for the best but wondering whether the Steelers once again are hiding the severity of a Polamalu injury

Third Rail
12-28-2010, 09:05 AM
Except the Bengals are on a winning streak and actually looking pretty good while the Browns are on a losing streak and looking as pitiful as ever. If any team has a legitimate chance to pull off the upset its the Bengals who have already beaten the Ravens this season and actually have a winning record against them in the past 10 games (they're a pretty amazing 7-3)

Do you even keep track of other teams? :flap:

I'm not saying anything is set in stone, I still expect the Ravens to beat the Bengals and I could very well see the Browns pulling a performance out of their ass like they did against New Orleans and New England and beat us. But I think the Bengals have a much MUCH better chance of beating the Ravens than the Browns do of beating us.

Yeah, as tough as it is to hope for another great performance from Carson Palmer, I hope that's what the Ratbirds get next week and they drop to 11-5, while we finish at 12-4.

We SHOULD win this game... not guaranteeing a victory, but given the Browns offense, as long as we can score 3+ TDs overall, we should be fine. Colt McCoy threw 3 picks last week and Hillis hasn't looked great for the past two weeks against run defenses that are inferior to ours. Ben (usually) throws well against the Clowns, so we should be able to win this game, even without Troy.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Come on, honestly, we don't need Troy to beat the stains. McCoy is going to do 2 things.

1) Look green back there.
2) Look for the dump off.

Steelers need to conatin with strong bumps off the line.
Blitz the crap to give him no time to go past 10 yards
Pull the secondary up to contain for any short crossing routes.

McCoy should have time to check down WR's Sunday.
Hillis is banged up
We picked McCoy 2 times, and 6 sacks.
Presuure him ealry he will cough it up.
Special teams need to contain Cribbs. I'm more worried about that than anything else.

Whodis
12-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Come on, honestly, we don't need Troy to beat the stains. McCoy is going to do 2 things.

Hillis is banged up
Special teams need to contain Cribbs. I'm more worried about that than anything else.

^This

I don't know about u guys, but McCoy exceeded my expectations last time we saw them.

steeltheone
12-28-2010, 11:04 AM

Hillis is banged up
Troy is the only unreplaceble Defensive part we have!

SH-Rock
12-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Carson Palmer plays better when BO and NoShowStinko aren't yelling in his face.

Whodis
12-28-2010, 11:27 AM
Carson Palmer plays better when BO and NoShowStinko aren't yelling in his face.

thats a thread within itself. I was talking to a shitbird fan today and Palmer looks a little like his old self without the crap around him.

SH-Rock
12-28-2010, 11:29 AM
thats a thread within itself. I was talking to a shitbird fan today and Palmer looks a little like his old self without the crap around him.

When you have to people with egos as big as mount everest, well nothing can be done. One person is a pleasure and is actually a motivator. Two conflict with each other and actually moves the team backward.

Fire Haley
12-28-2010, 05:24 PM
We'll be fine against the Clowns.

I wouldn't count your chickens just yet... I watched, the Browns were leading in that last game with the Ravens till Colt started throwing picks.

Hillis got speared in the back and quit after the 1st qtr. We'll see who wants it more.

I expect to see Good Ben

Of course, If the Browns had a better coach than Flounder I'd really be worried

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/mangini-300x215.jpg

Fire Arians
12-28-2010, 05:30 PM
i like hillis but i predict that guy's gonna have a short career. no matter how big you are you'll still break after getting hit like that for a couple years in a row. look what happened to alstott's career when they made him a feature back

MasterOfPuppets
12-28-2010, 05:47 PM
correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't tomlin say troy could play if need be against carolina ?