PDA

View Full Version : Seymour Signs Extension.

Livinginthe past
04-13-2006, 01:35 PM
The Patriots have pulled out the deal that the fanbase has been baying for ever since the offseason started.

Our best Offensive and Defensive players are signed up through 2010.

Its a good deal for both sides, and one in the eye for those who suggested that the Patriots were too tight with their money to continue the success of the last 5 years.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=134838&format=text

NM

tony hipchest
04-13-2006, 02:06 PM
"There are some creative elements to the deal, most of which were put into the pact to get around the league rule that stipulates a player can’t receive two raises over a 12-month period. Seymour received a $1.5 million bump in pay after holding out [last year]"

mmm hmmmm. smells fishy but to think l. arrington wants about the same deal (7 mil/yr), suggests lavar needs to get bent.

Suitanim
04-13-2006, 02:14 PM
Too bad it's overshadowed by that all-important Jhonstone signing...

BlackNGold203
04-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Thats nice..he'll miss 6 more games this year...and they will be chasing the Fins....

Livinginthe past
04-13-2006, 03:08 PM
Thats nice..he'll miss 6 more games this year...and they will be chasing the Fins....

Wanna bet $10 on that?

NM

hardwork
04-13-2006, 04:16 PM
As one Patriots employee put it yesterday, ''Just saw a 20-wheeler Brinks truck pull up to the front door. Seymour must have signed."

Ty Law has been having discussions directly with coach Bill Belichick on a possible return to the Patriots, according to Law's agent, Carl Poston, but the Patriots have not yet talked money.

''The talks have been on the level of Ty and Bill and nothing else," Poston said. ''It's been more of a feeling-out process. As I receive some offers on Ty, I'll present them to the Patriots and see what they think and what they can do."
Poston said he was expecting an offer for Law from the Seattle Seahawks last night and that Law is also waiting to hear from the Tennessee Titans on a possible visit>

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/04/13/seymour_agrees_to_an_extension/

Livinginthe past
04-13-2006, 04:19 PM
As one Patriots employee put it yesterday, ''Just saw a 20-wheeler Brinks truck pull up to the front door. Seymour must have signed."

Ty Law has been having discussions directly with coach Bill Belichick on a possible return to the Patriots, according to Law's agent, Carl Poston, but the Patriots have not yet talked money.

''The talks have been on the level of Ty and Bill and nothing else," Poston said. ''It's been more of a feeling-out process. As I receive some offers on Ty, I'll present them to the Patriots and see what they think and what they can do."
Poston said he was expecting an offer for Law from the Seattle Seahawks last night and that Law is also waiting to hear from the Tennessee Titans on a possible visit>

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/04/13/seymour_agrees_to_an_extension/

I think Law has priced himself out of the market for teams that have a realistic chance of making this years SB.

A move to a no-hoper team such as the Raiders or the Browns would not surprise me.

NM

hardwork
04-13-2006, 04:23 PM
.........hmmmm. smells fishy .........

I suspect that's on your end.

tony hipchest
04-13-2006, 04:29 PM
I suspect that's on your end.

:sofunny: shall we continue this conversation in the blast furnace?

all kidding aside, since the pats have all their important cogs in place, do you think they will hire a strength and conditionning coach to protect their investments? it wouldnt count against the cap.

hardwork
04-13-2006, 04:37 PM
......... do you think they will hire a strength and conditionning coach........

Lets see. 3 out of the last 5 SBs. One bad game away from running all over you again this past January. I think they'll stick with the one they got.

tony hipchest
04-13-2006, 04:45 PM
*ignoring the fact that the steelers wouldve treated the pats like cinci or indy in front of their home crowd*

you mean the pats HAD a strength and conditionning coach all along? i thought it was just bruschi leading the team in calistenics during pre game warm ups.

just like 2002. one bad game away from......

wait a minute. is that a "yes" for the blast furnace?

hardwork
04-13-2006, 05:41 PM
*ignoring the fact that the steelers wouldve treated the pats like cinci or indy in front of their home crowd*

you mean the pats HAD a strength and conditionning coach all along? i thought it was just bruschi leading the team in calistenics during pre game warm ups.

just like 2002. one bad game away from......

wait a minute. is that a "yes" for the blast furnace?

Please, you may be impressed by your SB win last season, but here in Boston we aren't impressed at all. Take your one little victory, consider yourselves lucky, and run along son.

Livinginthe past
04-13-2006, 05:54 PM
So.....good news about Seymour eh?!

I think the best value for the Pats will lie at OLB or RB - if we could snag one of the big 4 RB's it would add some balance and youth to the running attack.

I can see us going OLB in the early rounds if Vrabel is to stay inide, if not, then we may wait for a mid round pick to land an ILB.

NM

tony hipchest
04-13-2006, 06:20 PM
but here in Boston we aren't impressed at all.

the whole 100,000 of y'all? again....

5>3.

"youre only as good as your last game"

as for lb, i think it was b. carpenters dad who was rb with the giants when 'chick was an assistant up there. im sure vrabel is chirping for an ohio alum to play along side him (although im sure hes chirping for a few snaps under center too.) while a rb couldnt hurt, like in the steelers case, there is a pressing need to replace willie. carpenter or greemway seem to be mentionned alot along with a cb. i think pats pick lb or cb and it will be decided on draft day depending on how many of the 2 are gone.

hardwork
04-13-2006, 07:05 PM
So.....good news about Seymour eh?!

I think the best value for the Pats will lie at OLB or RB - if we could snag one of the big 4 RB's it would add some balance and youth to the running attack.

I can see us going OLB in the early rounds if Vrabel is to stay inide, if not, then we may wait for a mid round pick to land an ILB.

NM

There's talk about them going for another DL to spare Wilfork now and then. I doubt Vrabel will stay inside. He's too good on the outside and they are open there now. We'll see.

hardwork
04-13-2006, 07:11 PM
"youre only as good as your last game"

It doesn't look to good for Roththisburger then.

tony hipchest
04-13-2006, 07:13 PM
It doesn't look to good for Roththisburger then.

or the patriots. good thing ben has the STEELERS. =W :cool:

Livinginthe past
04-13-2006, 07:28 PM
There's talk about them going for another DL to spare Wilfork now and then. I doubt Vrabel will stay inside. He's too good on the outside and they are open there now. We'll see.

Yeah I agree.

Despite being the NT I think Big Vince can be a dominant player and not just a space-eater like Ted Washington.

It took him half a season last year to make some adjustments to his game, and the return of Seymour helped - but you are right he does need to be spelled by another player..maybe we will pick up a vet..or maybe the draft as you say.

NM

3 to be 4
04-13-2006, 09:29 PM
awesome news. best young DL in football, deep,young OL, best QB,best coach, best organization, the Patriots will continue to be a canker sore on everybody's behind for a long time.

tony hipchest
04-13-2006, 09:44 PM
awesome news. best young DL in football, deep,young OL, best QB,best coach, best organization, the Patriots will continue to be a canker sore on everybody's behind for a long time.

"canker sore" :sofunny: