PDA

View Full Version : I have a good feeling about our D!!

Rick5895
12-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Just a feeling I have been getting lately, but I think we will start a run of defensive football not seen since the 2000 ratbirds in the playoffs. Especially if we get Aaron and Troy back.
With Aaron back our OLB's will have more freedom and Troy will be as dominant as he was in the '08 playoffs.

:tt04:

Whodis
12-28-2010, 09:52 AM
I like this defense

I don't like the way they play soft coverage and prevent in big games

wootawnee
12-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Ziggy's been playing tough......Were lights out against the run.......
In 07 when Aaron went down we stunk..........Ziggy is ready to start.........

LVSteelersfan
12-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Ziggy is still not as good as Smith WHEN Smith is healthy. He does not command the attention that Smith does on every single play. I like Ziggy's progress though. He is a great backup for now and will probably be in the starting lineup next year in place of Smith or Keisel. Or maybe even Hampton but I doubt it since he doesn't have the beef for the NT.

OX1947
12-28-2010, 11:47 PM
Offense is going to have to keep the good offenses off the field. With the way that (bleep) sucker is setting up and destroying the NFL, offenses have to control the other offense by keeping them off the field. With our beat up o-line and already horrible line even before the injures, running the ball wont work. Big Ben will have to utilize those 4 and 5 yard passes and keep the guys in bounds.

Therefore, title number 7 will depend on number 7. He will have to play better then he ever has before for the Steelers to win it all. Someone should tell Big Ben, he is 4 wins away from being a first ballot HOF.

lionslicer
12-29-2010, 06:09 AM
Ziggy's been playing tough......Were lights out against the run.......
In 07 when Aaron went down we stunk..........Ziggy is ready to start.........

When Smith and Troy got hurt at the end of 07, it was more of the team being weak. Tomlin's training camp and even season practices were like boot camp. Many players didn't have much fight that late in the season.

Aaron is a key player, I think LeBeau had a hard time adjusting to him not being in the game, and when Troy isn't in, he also has a hard time adjusting, he's grown too fond of them, but he's gotten the game plan back on track with Ziggy as of late, and Troy will be back for the playoffs. If the playoffs were on the line, he would have played the past few games and would have been fine, he's a fighter, but its much needed rest for him, and the Steelers played hard all season and earned enough wins to allow him to rest.

I don't have good feelings about this D, but I think it plays well enough to give Ben the chance to win the games late. I'd rather the D shut out opponents, but you can't have everything.