PDA

View Full Version : Patriots are doomed

LukesDad88
12-28-2010, 05:59 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/23859/patriots-about-to-lock-up-turnover-record

This isn't getting much attention yet, but you know it's going to get brought up in the playoffs, and as soon as it does...

Just like last night. The MNF crew was making a point that every goal to go situation against the Saints has resulted in points for the other team for the past decade, then the next thing you know, the Saints stuff Turner, strip the ball, and recover. I predict the Pats get knocked out of the playoffs thanks to a game where they lose 4 or more turnovers.

lionslicer
12-28-2010, 06:18 PM
So someone will metion them owning the record and they'll end up having like 9 turnovers in a game.. It isn't impossible... They had the the scoring offense ever in 2007 and were undefeated but couldn't put up more than 14 points against the Giants and lost the superbowl...

TRH
12-29-2010, 08:10 AM
So someone will metion them owning the record and they'll end up having like 9 turnovers in a game.. It isn't impossible... They had the the scoring offense ever in 2007 and were undefeated but couldn't put up more than 14 points against the Giants and lost the superbowl...

Yeah, when someone finally put heavy pressure on the QB. The Giants went after him all game. And he looked nervous and scared back there.
I've been saying this forever...to beat Brady...you HAVE to be in his face big-time all game. He doesn't play well. Which is one of the reasons i still don't think he's "the best" and would take Brees, Manning, and others over him.
I've been watching their game films this year, and its absolutely sickening watching him just stand back there...and stand there...and stand there...untouched until he finds an open receiver. Yes, he finds the quick slant now and then, but the protection he gets is just ridiculous.
They can definitely be knocked out.

cloppbeast
12-29-2010, 08:41 AM
Yeah, when someone finally put heavy pressure on the QB. The Giants went after him all game. And he looked nervous and scared back there.
I've been saying this forever...to beat Brady...you HAVE to be in his face big-time all game. He doesn't play well. Which is one of the reasons i still don't think he's "the best" and would take Brees, Manning, and others over him.
I've been watching their game films this year, and its absolutely sickening watching him just stand back there...and stand there...and stand there...untouched until he finds an open receiver. Yes, he finds the quick slant now and then, but the protection he gets is just ridiculous.
They can definitely be knocked out.

Yeah, you have to put pressure on Brady, no doubt. With Aaron Smith back, it will be a great deal easier, that's for sure.

Brady also plays so much better against zone coverage, but seems to struggle against man-to-man especially when he's under pressure. Even when blitzed, Brady knows where to throw the ball underneath against soft coverage.

Usually man-to-man allows big plays occasionally so it's much riskier, but it also will take a while for the receivers to get open. If a defense is planning to blitz, it would make sense to play man because the recievers won't be open right away.

A guy like Brady will pick apart zone coverage even if he's blitzed. I think Lebeau should try some man-to-man. I know he's probably weary about it judging by the fact he always has McFadden 10 yards off. I can understand trying to avoid the big play, but the Patriots scored pretty much every drive anyway - so who gives a f***? Take a chance giving up a big play once in a while in an effort to bust Brady's chops and possibly get a sack.

Let's make no bones about it, the Patriots are going to put up some points. It's not going to be a 1970's style Steelers victory if we beat them. But if we can just get a couple of stops, maybe some turnovers, we'll have a decent chance.

SteelersinCA
12-29-2010, 10:52 AM
I am sad the chargers didnt make the playoffs, I thought they matched up well with NE and had a good chance of beating them. Now we just have to hitch our wagon to the Ravens or Jets. I don't have a great deal of confidence in a Steelers matchup with them.

TRH
12-29-2010, 02:29 PM
hopefully Aaron Smith will be back and hopefully we even advance to the point where we play them (unless they get shocked and knocked out early...). I'll believe it when i see Aaron suit up. I"m hoping we'll see him for sure.

ricardisimo
12-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Our D should be at full strength if we play them in the title game. I'm just hoping they abandon the previous game's scheme, where they kept pulling Timmons out so as to have an extra DB. Pulling arguably our best defender under any circumstances just doesn't make much sense to me.

btaylor179
12-29-2010, 04:22 PM
shoot im hoping we can win the first play off game....before we even have to worry about pats