PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Dwyer

Heeeeeeeath
12-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Will he be on the Steelers next year? Mewelde Moore will be gone, right?

PhantomJB93
12-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Moore BETTER be gone...

lionslicer
12-28-2010, 07:23 PM
He's on the roster and has been active, he just hasn't been in the games... Even if Moore is gone, he wont get into games much. Redman is a good pass reciever and blocker and will take Moore's spot. Dwyer will be lucky to get more than 2 carries a game.

Merchant
12-28-2010, 07:34 PM
We're pretty set at RB. If he learns how to pick up blitzers better, he can't be any worse than Moore.

jizzballz
12-28-2010, 07:36 PM
he's still learning so be paitent

Fire Arians
12-28-2010, 07:48 PM
he just has to run and be like 'uh you're not tackling my fat ass!'

LVSteelersfan
12-28-2010, 07:56 PM
You all know that a RB comes and goes faster than any other position in the NFL. Mendenhall could be out sooner than people think. That makes Dwyer the possible replacement down the road. I still don't think Redman is an every down back.

DanRooney
12-28-2010, 08:06 PM
I really wasn't that fascinated with Dwyer in the preseason. Good to have and an upgrade over Moore but I think the Mendenhall/Redman combination is our best bet. Redman needs to get more touches with the way he runs.

Whodis
12-29-2010, 07:55 AM
]I really wasn't that fascinated with Dwyer [/B]in the preseason. Good to have and an upgrade over Moore but I think the Mendenhall/Redman combination is our best bet. Redman needs to get more touches with the way he runs.

I'm with ya, I thought Summers had 2 very good preseasons. We obviously don't have the same eye for talent as Bruce arians.

Rick5895
12-29-2010, 08:00 AM
He's on the roster and has been active, he just hasn't been in the games... Even if Moore is gone, he wont get into games much. Redman is a good pass reciever and blocker and will take Moore's spot. Dwyer will be lucky to get more than 2 carries a game.

Dwyer has been on the roster all season, but inactive for games. Maybe with Mewelde injured he will get an opportunity against the Browns.

pete74
12-29-2010, 08:23 AM
i would like to at least see what he can do. 8 touches in the Browns game would make me happy but i dont see that happening. we all talked about him being a steal in the draft but he hasnt panned out yet. i know he is young but almost all good rb's start as rookies

Rick5895
12-29-2010, 11:39 AM
i would like to at least see what he can do. 8 touches in the Browns game would make me happy but i dont see that happening. we all talked about him being a steal in the draft but he hasnt panned out yet. i know he is young but almost all good rb's start as rookies

We will find out how good he will be next season, remember he struggled somewhat during training camp.
As much as we may think Moore has lost a step (he has) he has been valuable to us in blitz pick up. Redman is proving he can be as good, Mendy will be a pro bowl back ion the near future. Dwyers time will come with us next season.

stiller39
12-29-2010, 06:25 PM
Love to see what Dwyer brings and this may be his chance. Steelers have an eye for talent and he may be a surprise but he needs and chance to show what he can do.

Whodis
12-29-2010, 07:26 PM
Love to see what Dwyer brings and this may be his chance. Steelers have an eye for talent and he may be a surprise but he needs and chance to show what he can do.

Have you been seeing what we do with talent on offense:rofl:

I'm with you, seeing what Dwyer and the rest could do (without Moore) would be worth watching this game no matter what implications are involved.

Has Moore been ruled out yet?

steeltheone
12-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Dwyer played in a college boy offense. It has hurt him as a pro.