PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Players who made The 2011 Pro bowl!

Deserei90
12-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Troy Polamalu, James Harrison and Maurkice Pouncey Make 2011 Pro Bowl!! I'm happy for them!!:tt04:

LukesDad88
12-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Too bad they won't be able to play in it.

:tt02:

lionslicer
12-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Glad to see Pouncey made it.

I'm a tad upset not to see Timmons there, but he did have a drop off the last couple games, Farrior played an awesome 2nd half of the season, but his 1st half was medicore.

Merchant
12-28-2010, 06:32 PM
POUNCEY :tt02:

Fire Arians
12-28-2010, 06:43 PM
pouncey is the man

wallace shoulda made it, he has the stats for sure. he will make it next year if he has identical numbers, he didn't make it this year IMO because it's a popularity contest and not many knew who he was outside of the steeler fans. ditto for timmons.

pete74
12-28-2010, 06:44 PM
im surprised Pouncey made it because there are not alot of people who usually vote for rookies especially interior lineman and playing on a horrible line didnt help. just shows how good he is

LukesDad88
12-28-2010, 06:52 PM
im surprised Pouncey made it because there are not alot of people who usually vote for rookies especially interior lineman and playing on a horrible line didnt help. just shows how good he is

When it comes to interior lineman, the fan votes mostly going to come down to fanbase size. Then you'll get the player/coaching vote. I'm sure that Pouncey did well with the player/coaches vote, and when it comes down to the fan votes, he had two of footballs largest and most rabid groups backing him, the Steelers and the Florida Tebowmaniacs. He couldn't lose.

fer522
12-28-2010, 07:04 PM
i bet money B A is gonna be the O C
:toofunny: :chuckle: :toofunny: :chuckle: :toofunny:

Steelboy84
12-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Woodley should have made it.

SteelKnight
12-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Woodley and Timmons...too bad for them.

Wallace had bad games at Miami, NO and Buffalo (all with Ben). Then the non-Ben games hurt him. Maybe next year. He is still 6th in the league yard wise. He is still #1 with catches over 20 yards and tied for second for catches over 40 yards.

PhantomJB93
12-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Woodley should have made it.

Woodley's been okay but I would have given Harrison, Terrell Suggs, Cameron Wake, and Tamba Hali all the nod over him at AFC OLB

Glad to see Pouncey made it, he deserves it, I thought Saturday would get in because of his popularity so I was surprised at that.

Too bad Timmons got snubbed, Jerod Mayo hsouldn't be in there over him.

It won't matter anyway though because none of these guys are gonna go to the Pro Bowl anyways, they'll be too busy prepping for #7 :tt04:

SteelKnight
12-28-2010, 07:46 PM
If Baltimore goes to the Super Bowl, I predict 3 more Steelers will make it...
Casey Hampton (for Ngata)
Lawrence Timmons (for Lewis)
Lamaar Woodly (for Suggs)

If the Pats go, 2 more...
Casey Hampton (for Wilfolk)
Lawrence Timons (for Mayo)

SH-Rock
12-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Pouncey BABY!!!!

GameTime55
12-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Pouncey! :tt02:

And I also believe Timmons got hosed.:pissed:

TRH
12-28-2010, 08:48 PM
yeah, i don't think Woodley was quite there, i agree with his non-selection. Plus, Steelers fans, be glad he didn't make it. If he did, that wouldn't have done our contract negotiations with him any good whatsoever (if there will be any negotiations at all...) His asking price already should go down a bit from last year

Timmons just doesn't have the name notoriety and i wish Wallace would have made it. Great honour for Pouncey!!

mizzouristeeler
12-28-2010, 09:51 PM
Props to pouncy

jamesharrisonst
12-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Lets face it Pouncey was the reason for Tim Tebow success, Sorry Denver

casteeler
12-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Wallace is good enough but is unknown NFL wide .... Maybe next year

SH-Rock
12-28-2010, 11:30 PM
Wallace is good enough but is unknown NFL wide .... Maybe next year

Well I wouldn't say unknown, but he's not at the level of 2nd year player Percy Harvin or Clay Matthews. He'll get there though really quick. Superbowl MVP anyone?

PhantomJB93
12-29-2010, 01:10 AM
Well I wouldn't say unknown, but he's not at the level of 2nd year player Percy Harvin or Clay Matthews. He'll get there though really quick. Superbowl MVP anyone?

If we're comparing him to other wideouts of his draft class Id say he's not on the level of Hakeem Nicks, but IMO he's MILES ahead of Harvin right now.

Rotorhead
12-29-2010, 01:12 AM
I'm glad they made it to get recognition, however if it wasn't just a popularity contest I would be more happy. How else does Antonio Gates make it in, he has been injured most of the season! And why the hell is it the week before the SB? Just stupid IMHO

SteelKnight
12-29-2010, 02:19 AM
I'm glad they made it to get recognition, however if it wasn't just a popularity contest I would be more happy. How else does Antonio Gates make it in, he has been injured most of the season! And why the hell is it the week before the SB? Just stupid IMHO

When Antonio gates played he was a beast ...a real beast.

I agree that it is stupid the week before the Super Bowl. I think it decreases the integrity of it because once the SB players are announced, we get these stupid alternates and sometimes they have to go down far (like last year when they went down to like the 7th QB or so for the AFC). It turns it into the "Best of the rest" instead of "the best".

PhantomJB93
12-29-2010, 02:33 AM

I agree with everything you said, except Gates. Gates was a horrible example to make that point, he was straight up beatsing before he got injured and had better receiving stats than most star wideouts, let alone tight ends. Even after being injured for most of the latter half fo the season he's still gonna finish with top 3 numbers at his position...

If you wanted to illustrate you point better, just looking at the list people like Peyton Manning, Steven Jackson, and Adrian Wilson all did not really have "Pro Bowl" type seasons but made it in because of popularity.

pete74
12-29-2010, 05:59 AM
i think the 3 biggest snubs were Champ Bailey, Aaron Rodgers and #1 Mike Wallace. Wallace leads the leauge in ypc and definatly deserved to be there over Reggie Wayne

SteelKnight
12-29-2010, 06:09 PM
i think the 3 biggest snubs were Champ Bailey, Aaron Rodgers and #1 Mike Wallace. Wallace leads the leauge in ypc and definatly deserved to be there over Reggie Wayne

Wallace was #2 in YPC after DJ. Reggie Wayne is still the real deal. Maybe next year for Wallace.

What Wallace is missing is stepping up in big games like some of the others have done. Wallace did it against GB last year and against TB this year but in games where we could have used the help, he didn't take over. Again. maybe next year he will.

pete74
12-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Wallace was #2 in YPC after DJ. Reggie Wayne is still the real deal. Maybe next year for Wallace.

What Wallace is missing is stepping up in big games like some of the others have done. Wallace did it against GB last year and against TB this year but in games where we could have used the help, he didn't take over. Again. maybe next year he will.

Wayne?

Wayne- avg. 12.6 ypc- 3.9 1287 5td's
Wallace-avg. 20.2 ypc-5.7 1152 9td's

i wanted wallace in but in all honesty i cant say i think he deserves it over anyone else in there. i wasnt really thinking when i 1st posted. all e wr's are definatly worthy

SteelKnight
12-31-2010, 01:08 AM
Wayne?

Wayne- avg. 12.6 ypc- 3.9 1287 5td's
Wallace-avg. 20.2 ypc-5.7 1152 9td's

i wanted wallace in but in all honesty i cant say i think he deserves it over anyone else in there. i wasnt really thinking when i 1st posted. all e wr's are definatly worthy

Yes...Wayne. I've watched Wayne come through big at the right times. Once Wallace gets that down, he can talk about comparing.

STEEL-MAN
12-31-2010, 01:15 AM
Yikes Ike didn't make it??????

USWSteel
12-31-2010, 11:15 AM
Woodley and Timmons...too bad for them.

Wallace had bad games at Miami, NO and Buffalo (all with Ben). Then the non-Ben games hurt him. Maybe next year. He is still 6th in the league yard wise. He is still #1 with catches over 20 yards and tied for second for catches over 40 yards.

Yeah and all the "ben" games where Ben constantly under throws deep balls to Wallace. If Wallace doesn't catch a quick slat for a TD he can forget a deep TD pass from Ben ie the Jets game. Nothing has hurt Wallace more than Bens lack of ability to get Wallace the ball deep down field. Watch the replays almost every game Wallace is 2 or 3 steps past the DB's. It's sickening that our QB cant make those passes. I'd say for 100 million he should be able to !