PDA

View Full Version : This should piss Ben off...

siss
04-13-2006, 08:05 PM
...and hopefully motivate him for next year.

http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/story/5476236

Midnightwriter1
04-13-2006, 08:23 PM
I think is about right Siss, they are going by stats and Ben will prolly never have the big stats in this offense. The good thing hopefully is that he already knows this and is not a concern of his. We win when he doesnt havnt to throw 35 times a game, instead taking the win and only thowing 20 -25. In 10 years, the more important stat on him will be his winning percentage in all areas.

In second year he is ( dont quote me on exact , i am feeling too lazy to look up lol )

1-0 in Super Bowl (youngest Qb to ever do so)
5-1 in postseason
22- 3 reg season
28- 4 overall

tony hipchest
04-13-2006, 08:26 PM
damn! i cant believe he was ranked as high as 13th. ben is not a top notch ff qb. neither is/was willie/jerome or even hines and plex. j. reed is ok. miller will maybe a top 10.

one constant is pittsburghs defense as far as ff is concerned. which is good.

clevestinks
04-13-2006, 08:32 PM
Midnight, I disagree just a little. I think Cowher will change the offense as we go, and Ben improves, hopefully to open it up some. I`m not so sure Ben will reamain alright with the current system. You heard him say in the superbowl sound bites to Cowher " Dont get conservative Play to win"

Webfactor8
04-13-2006, 08:38 PM
I don't think ben was really snubbed.
We're a running / defense team. I don't know if you play fantasy sports. But they're all about picking players with big stats. If you know me you know I think Ben is a great QB. But I wouldn't pick him as a fantasy draft pick . How often does he throw 3 or more touchdowns? Have a 300+ yard game? This is not to say that he can't. Watching the 3 playoff games shows his ability.

83-Steelers-43
04-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Kurt Warner? Mark Bulger? Drew Bledsoe? All above Ben? :rolleyes:

He should at least be in the top ten.

CantStop85
04-13-2006, 08:50 PM
Sounds about right...I might take him in FF if he drops a few rounds.

bengalsfan21
04-13-2006, 08:52 PM
Sounds about right...I might take him in FF if he drops a few rounds.

I had him last season but I think I cut him to pick up Warner

tony hipchest
04-13-2006, 08:58 PM
I had him last season but I think I cut him to pick up Warnerlol! i got carson off the f.a. wire after he was dropped after week 1 for eli manning.

klick81
04-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Hahaha! Please, PLUMMER is above him??? BS

Dook
04-13-2006, 09:18 PM
I can accept Manning, Brady, and Hasselbeck ahead of Ben but McNabb, Warner, and Culpepper?

I can't see us changing our offense much unless we get TO and Randy Moss. I think it's opened about as much as it can be.

The best thing about Ben is that he doesn't throw many interceptions. This gives us a chance to punt and with our defense we win the field position battle.

Midnightwriter1
04-13-2006, 10:21 PM
Yes Cleve, in the SuperBowl because that is it, no more games. But as far as reg seaswon, i think will be the same as far as running game goes. Willie and Staley will be a 1-2 punch and whomever else we may get. I think Ben will htorw more early in game our ratio will stay the same.. bettis really didnt get alot of carries last year and i would expect Staley ( if healthy of course) to get more. I do agree that Ken and Bill will change it up a lil more and maybe throw on first down to Miller rather than the started up the middle.

MasterOfPuppets
04-13-2006, 10:39 PM
i think some of you don't realize this is "fantasy football " rankings,where stats are everything.

CantStop85
04-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Fantasy Football...the only place where Arizona Cardinals have a chance.

SteelCityMan786
04-13-2006, 10:57 PM
NO WAY IN HELL are the Steelers gonna pass that effin much with Ben. They'll let him pass 20-25 Times and Guys Like Duce, Parker, and Haynes do the rest.

MasterOfPuppets
04-13-2006, 10:59 PM
and the only place where palmer is the better choice ,than roethlisburger.

SteelCityMan786
04-13-2006, 11:01 PM

Yes It is the only place they have a chance..........TO COME WITHIN A TOUCHDOWN:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-14-2006, 01:28 AM
I'll take playoff wins and a SB victory any day over stats !

SteelShooter
04-14-2006, 01:47 AM
:iagree:

I hear ya Bro!

steelerdude
04-14-2006, 09:23 AM

I agree. Just keep winning games and I'll be a very happy man.

clevestinks
04-14-2006, 09:34 AM
i think some of you don't realize this is "fantasy football " rankings,where stats are everything.
This is true!! :dang:

Suitanim
04-14-2006, 09:54 AM
You know, as a longtime fantasy football player, it was only a couple years ago that there was a fantasy forecast for a QB that went something like this:

"Solid productive QB, won't put up elite numbers. Expect 15 TD's and 2500-3000 yards a season playing in a conservative offense. A good pick-up in the 5th rd"

Last year this same QB put up 4100 passing yards, and threw for 26 TD's.

Any guesses?

siss
04-14-2006, 10:08 AM
Marcia...I mean Tom Brady?

Thats the first guy that comes to mind.

Suitanim
04-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Marcia...I mean Tom Brady?

Thats the first guy that comes to mind.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner.

The point is, as he matures, the nature of the offense will probably evolve as his capabilities increase.

siss
04-14-2006, 03:27 PM
Because Ben came out a year early is it possible that he could be a lote bloomer. For instance they say that the 3rd year is usually the break-out year for a QB, but is it possible that Ben won't have his breakout year because basically this should be his 2nd year in the league. In other words are we looking at a Junior slump?

Dumb Question right? But think about it. His Rookie year was like a dream (im still not sure it really happend) and last year he struggled a little so maybe we are looking at a slump this year. Just a theory. I hope im wrong!

MichiSteeler
04-14-2006, 03:30 PM
Big Ben is under: Jake Plummer?!?! Trent Green?! Mark Bulger!?!?! and best of all, KURT WARNER?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! wow...:rolleyes:

Ambridge
04-14-2006, 04:45 PM
I'll jump on the pile as well!!

McNabb and Culpepper played like garbage and didn't finish the season due to injury.

Bulger and Warner missed significant time as well with injuries.

Bledsoe is in the middle to late stages of Brett Favre-itis.

This guy Harmon is just another bone-head with an opinion.

Livinginthe past
04-14-2006, 05:20 PM
There is no logical reason to think that Ben will take a step back this year - some QB's get caught out in the 2nd year for a number of reasons.

1. Teams have footage of them with his pro-football offense and are able to game plan against him.

2. The QB's team expect him to shoulder a little more of the load, and this is where he can come unstuck.

Ben proved the doubters wrong, by stepping up not just when his team needed him, but also when the games counted the most ie the Post-season.

And like TB his acheivement is all the greater because of the lack of superstars in the WR corps.

NM

tony hipchest
04-14-2006, 05:55 PM
There is no logical reason to think that Ben will take a step back this year - some QB's get caught out in the 2nd year for a number of reasons.

1. Teams have footage of them with his pro-football offense and are able to game plan against him.

2. The QB's team expect him to shoulder a little more of the load, and this is where he can come unstuck.

Ben proved the doubters wrong, by stepping up not just when his team needed him, but also when the games counted the most ie the Post-season.

And like TB his acheivement is all the greater because of the lack of superstars in the WR corps.

NMgood points. some things that could help ben put up good fantasy stats are:

3rd year with whisenhunt. carson blew up in his 3rd year.

his rushing td's (hell probably have 5-8)

a healthy thumb. should help his developing accuracy.

smarter reading defenses = less int.

no offensive stathogs. i think everyone will get their touches and of course hines will be the go to guy at wr and he will most likely have another pro bowl season.

LuckyNumber7
04-15-2006, 07:59 PM
Wow, it's like no matter what you do, your never good enough. Ben will never get the respect he deserves. It's dissappointing....just goes to show you how nieve some people are. O well...

$LN7$

Hines Alou
04-15-2006, 08:48 PM
I think the site is pretty accurate. I mean, 13th still isnt that bad....Im usually in a 14 man league, which means someone would be starting roethlisberger if we went by that. Like people said though, you cant just assume that we're gonna start throwing 40 times a game because of the playoffs. A loss to Bettis doesnt change the way we will run our offense...he was only important when we got it within the 10. If anything Ben's stock went down with the loss of randle el in the slot.

siss
04-15-2006, 09:41 PM
I see it as a good thing. Because Ben has said before that it motivates him. And that he is always having to prove someone wrong. So I say we should emrasse that and not give him any respect at all and let him always think he has to prove himself to us! You know like reverse psychology!!!

CantStop85
04-16-2006, 05:36 PM
I see it as a good thing. Because Ben has said before that it motivates him. And that he is always having to prove someone wrong. So I say we should emrasse that and not give him any respect at all and let him always think he has to prove himself to us! You know like reverse psychology!!!
*Sigh* The ranking is not a slap in the face of Ben Roethlisberger as you would like to make it out to be...it's simply a well-founded prediction. Ben isn't going to throw as many passes as some other QB's and hence gets as many stats not because of his ability but because of the system he's playing in.

blackvelvet
04-16-2006, 05:39 PM
It doesn't seen that bad. At least he's doing better than Eli there.

Eztarget
04-16-2006, 06:22 PM
That list is horrible. The top 3 are simple but Warner, Plummer, Culpepper, McNabb, Bulger, Bledsoe, Trent Green?

None of them have won ANYTHING. McNabb? He's the biggest choker out there.

siss
04-17-2006, 01:20 AM
*Sigh* The ranking is not a slap in the face of Ben Roethlisberger as you would like to make it out to be...it's simply a well-founded prediction. Ben isn't going to throw as many passes as some other QB's and hence gets as many stats not because of his ability but because of the system he's playing in.
All im saying is that reverse psychology seems to work on the guy.

Petesburgh66
04-18-2006, 12:32 AM
That list is horrible. The top 3 are simple but Warner, Plummer, Culpepper, McNabb, Bulger, Bledsoe, Trent Green?

None of them have won ANYTHING. McNabb? He's the biggest choker out there.

CantStop85 hit the nail on the head. In fantasy football, these QBs have put up better numbers than Ben. They get to throw the ball more often, which means more yardage and more passing TDs. It has nothing to do with winning. And McNabb and Culpepper get some rushing TDs as well and usually are the firsf QBs taken. Your not going to see Ben air it out for 300 plus yards each game.

steelers4life86
04-18-2006, 03:39 AM
some ppl say that ben isnt a top rated quarterback

and so wat if he isnt he gets the job done

he can turn a game around with hines willy and heath on his side

Hammer67
04-18-2006, 07:23 AM
Kurt Warner? Mark Bulger? Drew Bledsoe? All above Ben? :rolleyes:

He should at least be in the top ten.

Not in Fantasy Football....I wouldn't draft him except for a backup QB. No one who knows anything about fantasy football would either until the Steelers show that the offense has changed froma primarily running based offense. Not that he's bad, but Bulger, Bledsoe and Warner are all in passing based offenses.

Why would you pick a QB that only gets to throw 15 times a game?

It has nothing to do with his ability or the team's win/loss record. Think people. :coffee: