PDA

View Full Version : Say it isn't so....Ty Law?

83-Steelers-43
04-13-2006, 08:29 PM
By Jim Russell
SteelCityInsider.com
Date: Apr 12, 2006

There are some big names still out on the market and the rumor mill is turning as teams attempt to address a few more needs before the NFL draft. One tidbit reacquaints Ty Law with his hometown of Pittsburgh.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=2&c=519634&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fsteelers.scout.com%2f2%2 f519634.html

83-Steelers-43
04-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Oh $%#&, sorry guys. I didn't know you had to pay in order to read the rest of the article. I just clicked on the story and I just realized that fact. My apologies...lol.

tony hipchest
04-13-2006, 08:34 PM
dont need him. all the coming home bs is re tread stories from las year. his home is wherever his checks are deposited and pittsburgh wont be signing any of them. notice how long hes been on the market before we heard this? just a ploy to generate interrest and possibly drive up his cost. same story as last year. im supprised the l. arrington to pittsburgh stories havent been stronger.

tony hipchest
04-13-2006, 08:35 PM
Oh $%#&, sorry guys. I didn't know you had to pay in order to read the rest of the article. I just clicked on the story and I just realized that fact. My apologies...lol. dont sweat it. i tried to read it and then realized it had to be just off season fodder.

83-Steelers-43
04-13-2006, 08:40 PM
I agree. Actually starting to wonder why I even bothered posting this thread. It is brought up every year around this time. He's not worth the cash and more importantly, we don't need him.

tony hipchest
04-13-2006, 08:43 PM
I agree. Actually starting to wonder why I even bothered posting this thread. It is brought up every year around this time. He's not worth the cash and more importantly, we don't need him.:sofunny: his little trip to pitt last year was nothing more than a publicity stunt. it definitely worked for him though. as im sure it will this time too

Midnightwriter1
04-13-2006, 08:55 PM
The Steelers dont need him at this point. Too much money.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-14-2006, 12:30 AM
no doubt, forget about an overpriced, injury prone, lost a step, dude like Law. Gimme Townsend, Taylor and McFadden !

SteelShooter
04-14-2006, 01:00 AM
no doubt, forget about an overpriced, injury prone, lost a step, dude like Law. Gimme Townsend, Taylor and McFadden !

I totally agree!

I really like Deshea and Ike. But lemme tell you....Bryant is an up-and-coming player! Man, I was really impressed with him during what playing time he got during these past playoffs. For a young player, he already seemed to really grasp reading the receivers he was up against...and speed too!

:dualies:

BigDude66687
04-14-2006, 01:19 AM
I have no problems with Law coming to the Steel City for a veteran minium contract like Willie did, however if he wants more he can take a hike

Steel Pit
04-14-2006, 03:24 AM
I totally agree!

I really like Deshea and Ike. But lemme tell you....Bryant is an up-and-coming player! Man, I was really impressed with him during what playing time he got during these past playoffs. For a young player, he already seemed to really grasp reading the receivers he was up against...and speed too!

:dualies:

I too agree with your assesment of McFadden. He reminds me an awful lot of Woodson when he breaks to the ball.

Midnightwriter1
04-14-2006, 04:59 AM
I think Mcfadden will be a very good corner for us and may get into the starting role at some point this season if not by the time the steelers first game.

clevestinks
04-14-2006, 08:35 AM
Law wishes, we needed him! Toooooooo Late

Suitanim
04-14-2006, 08:56 AM
Us signing Ryan Clark to replace Chris Hope is all the proof anyone would ever need that this kind of deal will NEVER happen in Pittsburgh.

Busforever
04-15-2006, 05:08 AM
I also believe in McFadden. Isn't he the guy who covered Marvin Harrison in the TD pass attempt from Manning, in the last minutes of the Divisional Tour? He saved us...

But if Ty Law wants to come here at reasonable price, why not? He had 10 int last year, he's not done. Maybe not as great as before, but he could help us. And at this point of offseason, with few interest around him, he can't demand a salary as big as two months ago.

Livinginthe past
04-15-2006, 05:39 AM
Ty Law will not be going anywhere for the vet minimum or a 'reasonable salary' - it is pretty clear that he defines himself as a player by the the amount of money he earns each year.

I am convinced he will be playing for another bottom feeding team this year.

NM

rowedf
04-15-2006, 08:46 AM
Thats the thing, as LIP says, he is going to get big money. I think Ty Law, at his age, would make a phenominal free safety, the guy is a proven ball hawk and if he was the FS position I think he'd get a few more pics on top of the 10 last year.

clevestinks
04-15-2006, 08:48 AM
Ty Law will not be going anywhere for the vet minimum or a 'reasonable salary' - it is pretty clear that he defines himself as a player by the the amount of money he earns each year.

I am convinced he will be playing for another bottom feeding team this year.

NM
Thats too bad for him, letting his ego get in the way of another ring. I wouldnt want him even for a cheap price, I think we our covered, LOL, in that position. Laws better days are behind him,. we know this, now he needs to know

BigSteelThrill
04-15-2006, 02:04 PM
Only if he will take Free Safety money.
And that would be for a 32 year old free safety.

As a CB... no way, no how.

LuckyNumber7
04-15-2006, 07:03 PM
By Jim Russell
SteelCityInsider.com
Date: Apr 12, 2006

There are some big names still out on the market and the rumor mill is turning as teams attempt to address a few more needs before the NFL draft. One tidbit reacquaints Ty Law with his hometown of Pittsburgh.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=2&c=519634&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fsteelers.scout.com%2f2%2 f519634.html

Ty Law had a really good visit with the Seahawks not too long ago. But Ty wants 7 million a year and a 10 million dollar signing bonus. The Steelers aren't going to be willing to pay that.

SteelCityMan786
04-15-2006, 09:58 PM
If Ty will play for less money than he wants then I think the Steelers will take him. But otherwise No Way They Take him.