PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Harrison misses practice with illness

mesaSteeler
12-29-2010, 11:25 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_715842.html

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Steelers' Harrison misses practice with illness

By Scott Brown
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, December 30, 2010

Outside linebacker James Harrison left the Steelers facility early Wednesday afternoon because of an illness and did not practice. Harrison missed two days of practice before the Steelers' Dec. 19 game against the New York Jets but played in the contest. As expected, strong safety Troy Polamalu (lower leg) did not practice yesterday. Also missing practice because of injuries were running back Mewelde Moore (knee) and outside linebacker Jason Worilds (knee). Outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley (knee) was a limited participant in practice.

Polamalu, who has missed the last two games, is scheduled to practice Friday. While it is unlikely that he will play Sunday in Cleveland, Browns coach Eric Mangini said his team is preparing as if Polamalu will suit up for the 1 p.m. game. "He makes a pretty big difference when he's in there," Mangini said. "If he's there, he's hard to deal with in so many different ways, whether it's the running game, blitzing, the disguise, the threat he is in being able to create turnovers."

Ben Roethlisberger has not been intercepted in 136 consecutive pass attempts, the longest such streak by a Steelers quarterback since Kordell Stewart (159) in 2001. "Here we go. My first pass (Sunday) will probably be picked," Roethlisberger said yesterday when asked about what is a personal-best streak for him. "To me, that's one of the things that I try to pride myself on, not throwing interceptions. They drive me crazy."

A scoring change from last Thursday night's game gave Woodley half a sack on a play in which Harrison was given full credit for a takedown of Panthers rookie quarterback Jimmy Clausen. The change gives Woodley nine sacks while Harrison has 10 1/2. If Woodley notches a sack against the Browns, he joins Harrison as the only players in team history to have at least 10 sacks for three consecutive seasons.

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.