PDA

View Full Version : Midget Receivers are the answer

Hayeksheroes
12-30-2010, 01:20 PM
Ben wants a tall receiver. Plax is gone and in jail. Sweed has hands of stone. New England has shown that you don't need tall receivers. You need midgets with quick feet. To be fair, Welker and Woodhead are listed as 5.9 I think they are an inch or two shorter without cleats. Woodhead is a RB not a WR. Although he's quite busy on the short routes.

The problem is that no one can cover them unless you assign a CB. The LB's are defenseless against these two. The Patriots are 13-2 because no one has figure out how to stop them.

Le Beau needs to come up with a scheme to knock Welker off the line and a CB to cover Woodhead from the backfield.

I don't see Farrior, Harrison, Timmons or Woodley covering these midget receivers.

StainlessStill
12-30-2010, 01:29 PM
I don't see Farrior, Harrison, Timmons or Woodley covering these midget receivers.

Which spells doom because our defense is set up to free out strength, which is our backers. We've lost to Brady and N.E SO MANY TIMES because we just don't have the personal to knock these guys off their coarse. If we don't get pressure, N.E will have our number. Our best bet is to dial up blitzes every play and use the disguise like we've never use it before and pray Brady sees something he thinks he see's and it's different, only if it's for a couple series and use ball control offense which amounts to points. We gotta bring them and bring them hard against Brady or we'll be victim once more IF we meet in the Title game.

ricardisimo
12-30-2010, 01:52 PM
We have a pretty decent collection right now, and they're all 5'10" and up. My guess - and this is just a guess, mind you - is that being a good receiver has to do with other things besides height. :noidea:

USWSteel
12-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Ben wants a tall receiver. Plax is gone and in jail. Sweed has hands of stone. New England has shown that you don't need tall receivers. You need midgets with quick feet. To be fair, Welker and Woodhead are listed as 5.9 I think they are an inch or two shorter without cleats. Woodhead is a RB not a WR. Although he's quite busy on the short routes.

The problem is that no one can cover them unless you assign a CB. The LB's are defenseless against these two. The Patriots are 13-2 because no one has figure out how to stop them.

Le Beau needs to come up with a scheme to knock Welker off the line and a CB to cover Woodhead from the backfield.

Yeah if we could get a couple 8 or 9 feet tall wideouts maybe Ben wouldn't have so many overthrown passes !! :wink02:

lionslicer
12-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Height for recievers is on its way out. Cornerbacks are so athletic now of days, they can jump over tall recievers like Plax and Moss.

kirklandrules
12-31-2010, 11:09 AM
Which spells doom because our defense is set up to free out strength, which is our backers. We've lost to Brady and N.E SO MANY TIMES because we just don't have the personal to knock these guys off their coarse. If we don't get pressure, N.E will have our number. Our best bet is to dial up blitzes every play and use the disguise like we've never use it before and pray Brady sees something he thinks he see's and it's different, only if it's for a couple series and use ball control offense which amounts to points. We gotta bring them and bring them hard against Brady or we'll be victim once more IF we meet in the Title game.

The way to beat the Pats is to get physical with their receivers. Can't believe this isn't being done. Their small receivers need to be jammed at the line to throw off Marsha Brady's timing and hopefully allow for pressure. The Steelers did a good job of showing they can do this in the first half of the Super Bowl against the Cards. Remember that game? No one thought the Cards receivers could be covered and they were shut down in the first half (not sure why Coach L. changed strategy for the 2nd half).

StainlessStill
12-31-2010, 11:32 AM
The way to beat the Pats is to get physical with their receivers. Can't believe this isn't being done. Their small receivers need to be jammed at the line to throw off Marsha Brady's timing and hopefully allow for pressure. The Steelers did a good job of showing they can do this in the first half of the Super Bowl against the Cards. Remember that game? No one thought the Cards receivers could be covered and they were shut down in the first half (not sure why Coach L. changed strategy for the 2nd half).

The thing is they are so low to the ground and so crafty and shifty with their legs that when you go and try to be physical with them, you end up jamming them eventually where they want to go anyway because sooner or later, the defender needs to come off and we all know Brady doesn't get hit so he'll stand there, locate it and put the ball on the money against a jam. Either that, or he'll go over the top. The key is pressure.

I say we watch the Shitstain/Pats* game over and over and over and over again until we can't blink to see how they brought the pressure. I mean, 34-14? REALLY?!?!

plenewken
12-31-2010, 12:04 PM

We couldn't cover Crumpler and Gronkowski either. Duh!

Hayeksheroes
12-31-2010, 10:23 PM
All we have to do is play nickel and dime and bring in one or two extra cb's like burnett to not let them off the line or at least cover them better than the linebackers.

pete74
01-01-2011, 06:00 AM
its the tight ends that the Pats drafted that are really making the difference for the team. they got 2 very good tightends and they both have helpd the team continue to do well without Moss