PDA

View Full Version : Troy Polamalu Voted Steelers Team MVP

pete74
12-30-2010, 01:51 PM
http://network.yardbarker.com/author/article_external/3877402

Steelers strong safety Troy Polamalu was chosen the teams Most Valuable Player on Thursday after a vote by the team. The Steelers will announce the team MVP award are at a 3 p.m. press conference...

thumper
12-30-2010, 02:05 PM
You should have been voted "MHP" (most hurt player).

TRH
12-30-2010, 03:06 PM
Yeah, thats nice. But i'd like to see him win something NFL-wide. It's really too bad he won't get anything because he was out too many games....because he really defined what the MVP award is. An MVP......not "best stats"....no team has one even as close on defense that is that important.

pete74
12-30-2010, 03:10 PM
i agree. there isnt another football player as important to there team as troy and if he played at least 15 games the mvp award would be his hands down

NYC_Steeler
12-30-2010, 03:21 PM
You should have been voted "MHP" (most hurt player).

You can't play the way he does (with reckless abandon) and not expect to get hurt. That's why he makes those spectacular plays - he disregards his own safety. You want him to play soft so that he won't get hurt? Then don't expect the big plays. It's either one or the other.

steeltheone
12-30-2010, 04:34 PM
i agree. there isnt another football player as important to there team as troy and if he played at least 15 games the mvp award would be his hands down

SO TRUE!

tony hipchest
12-30-2010, 04:42 PM
i was certain a healthy troy would lead the league in interceptions this year. last year he averaged 1 about every 6 quarters played which extrapolates to about 10 int.

as it stands he is only one off the lead this year.

he is definitely the team mvp (no brainer) and should be in consideration for league mvp.

defensively, he is this generations reggie white or lawrence taylor. just ask matt ryan or joe flacco.