PDA

View Full Version : LeBeau: Polamalu getting better

mesaSteeler
12-31-2010, 09:15 AM
View From The Press Box
http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2010/12/30/lebeau-polamalu-getting-better/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29

LeBeau: Polamalu getting better
December 30th, 2010

Troy Polamalu is a worthy if reluctant recipient of the Steelers’ MVP award.

That is not to say the strong safety did not appreciate his teammates recognizing his contributions to the Steelers this season.

It is just that Polamalu likes adulation about as much as he does someone standing over him with hair clippers.

“If I was ever a coach I would probably never have an award like this just because it’s such a team sport, there’s too many parts that go into making plays on the football field,” the six-time Pro Bowler said. “I think people just vote because they have to vote.”

Typical Polamalu.

His teammates heaped plenty of praise on Polamalu, who is tied for second in the NFL with six interceptions.

And Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau said the eight-year veteran is only improving.

“I think you do get better because of the experience factor,” said LeBeau, a former standout cornerback who made the Pro Football Hall of Fame this year. “He is still right at the peak of his athletic ability and his knowledge of the game enables him to be more productive.”

One aspect that makes Polamalu such a unique and valuable player: opposing offenses can’t take him out of the game because he lines up all over the field and is as much a big-play threat when he is deep coverage or blitzing.

“A lot of times you’re in perfect position and you play hard and the ball goes away from you and you don’t get a chance to impact the game as much as he has, particularly in the crunch time of our season,” LeBeau said. “He has delivered for us big ti

fer522
12-31-2010, 09:30 AM
healthwise how is he doing?
anybody know?