PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my picks (week 17)

SoCalFan
12-31-2010, 02:50 PM
There are a few games im stuck on,strickly based on teams resting players.First off,im taking Raiders over the Chiefs in KC,Miami over Patsys in NE,Bills over Jets in NY,and finally,what about the Bucs at the Saints,are the Saints playing for anything?All suggestions are welcome.Of the 83 people in our group,im in 2nd place with 154 wins on the season,trailing the leader by only 1 game.HELP A FELLOW STEELER FAN OUT.:tt02:

lionslicer
12-31-2010, 03:16 PM
Gotcha

Atlanta over Carolina
Baltimore over Cincy
Steelers over Browns
Minny over Detroit
KC over Oaklants, Cheifs not resting starters
Patriots over the Fins
New Orleans over Tampa. Bucs will play their hearts out to get 6th seed, but Peyton says he wont rest starters
Jets over Buf
Chargers over the Broncos
Greenbay over Chicago. Chicago will not play the starters
Jags over the Texans
Indy over Tenessee
Dallas over Philly. Vick is supposed to get the game off, so are other starters
Arizona over San Fran 49ers just lost their headcoach, no team ever wins the next game after that
Giants over the Redskins
Rams over the Seahawks

SoCalFan
12-31-2010, 03:28 PM
So you think the pats & jets will still win resting starters?

Whodis
12-31-2010, 03:30 PM
Gotcha

Atlanta over Carolina
Baltimore over Cincy
Steelers over Browns
Minny over Detroit
KC over Oaklants, Cheifs not resting starters
Patriots over the Fins
New Orleans over Tampa. Bucs will play their hearts out to get 6th seed, but Peyton says he wont rest starters
Jets over BufChargers over the Broncos
Greenbay over Chicago. Chicago will not play the starters
Jags over the Texans
Indy over Tenessee
Dallas over Philly. Vick is supposed to get the game off, so are other starters
Arizona over San Fran 49ers just lost their headcoach, no team ever wins the next game after that
Giants over the Redskins
Rams over the Seahawks

The Bills are my upset

Philly coming off a loss, Dallas without Kitna, Philly is a lock

lionslicer
12-31-2010, 04:11 PM
So you think the pats & jets will still win resting starters?

Pats have never rested their starters ever, I doubt they'll start now.

I forgot Jets clinched a playoff birth.. As of Right now Rex says he will not rest his starters, though everyone in New York is telling him to. I say they will play their starters and win, especially with the Idiot Rex at the helm.

Philly coming off a loss, Dallas without Kitna, Philly is a lock

Reid says he'll make a gameday decision on whether to rest his starters or not. If he does, I don't even see Kolb playing, the 3rd quarterback will play. Dallas's back up behind Kitna isn't that bad. The rest of the team can carry them over Philly against 2nd and 3rd teamers. Thats if Reid makes the decision to rest them. I know he will rest Vick for sure though.

And did anyone notice that every single game in week 17 is a divisional game? NFL changed that this year because some teams would even show up for the last game of the season because it usually ment nothing, but even for teams that it means nothing to, its a rivalry and it kind of gives them some reason to show up and fight. Plus for teams like the Rams and Hawks, its a do or die game to get to the playoffs.

SoCalFan
01-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Im having a hard time believing the patsys will play the starters the whole game!That is just stupid,especially if the leagues baby brady gets knocked out!I changed my pick to Chiefs over Raiders,sticking with Bills over jets,but this NE/Miami game is bugging the $hit out of me!

lionslicer
01-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Im having a hard time believing the patsys will play the starters the whole game!That is just stupid,especially if the leagues baby brady gets knocked out!I changed my pick to Chiefs over Raiders,sticking with Bills over jets,but this NE/Miami game is bugging the $hit out of me!

Dude, I'm telling you, Bellichick has never rested starters as a coach. Even in years when they were 10-6 going into the wild card, he still played them after locking up the playoffs. You can look it up, Patriots will play their starters, they want a 14-2 record. A record they fought to get in 2004 and went on to win the superbowl. Bellichick will keep the starters in the game until the game is put away and the Patriots are up by like 3 - 4 scores.

Rex Ryan still hasn't said anything about resting his starters, but they might lose regardless.

lionslicer
01-02-2011, 02:15 AM
Idk if you have time to change your picks, but don't take the Jags. Their starting quarterback is out and so is jones-drew