PDA

View Full Version : What would you do with Troy and Browns?

SteelKnight
12-31-2010, 04:05 PM
If he can play but is not 100%, what I would do is make him active then if the Steelers are sucking it up, put him in in the second quarter. That would freak McCoy out...lol

It is good they are not telling because Troy is annoying to prepare for. It will take up part of their preparation time.

It would be better to rest him if the Steelers don't need him.

VegasStlrFan
12-31-2010, 04:16 PM
Sit him, they should be able to win without him. This would be the perfect time for the o to show up big.

MasterOfPuppets
12-31-2010, 04:19 PM
in the first game with the browns. troy's presence didn't stop mccoy from completing 23 passes for 281 yds. :noidea:

lionslicer
12-31-2010, 04:20 PM
This is a tough decision. If you rest him, chance the Steelers give up the 2nd seed spot to the Ravens, but Troy got some rest. You play him, you risk injuring him for the playoffs but better chance of winning the 2nd seed spot and resting the rest of the team for a week. But its clear the Steelers wont win in the playoffs without Troy.

I say play Troy limited. Only like 50% of the snaps. If the Steelers are winning by a lot, he sits, if the Browns start to pull of an upset, put him in for more plays.

TRH
12-31-2010, 04:52 PM
I'd say play him sparingly.
You can't have a multi-million dollar player sitting...he's sat enough this year...we need that win and that seed. Just play him carefully and probably not the entire game

bigchuck
12-31-2010, 04:56 PM
sit him, you should be able to handle the browns and colt mccoy w out him and if you cant you werent a superbowl team anyways, best shot at the superbowl is a healthy troy and a bye week.

joeyssteelcurtain
12-31-2010, 05:03 PM
Sit him we ned him in the playoffs

PhantomJB93
12-31-2010, 06:21 PM
I agree, dress him but don't start him and only put him in if necessary.

fat4jc
12-31-2010, 07:17 PM
I agree, dress him but don't start him and only put him in if necessary.

this....

cubanstogie
12-31-2010, 07:24 PM
we are in the playoffs already, therefore sit him. Yes its a gamble but even if we lose then he should be ready next week. I don't think we lose without him anyway. Its all about special teams with the Browns IMO. Stop Cribbs and we win easily. McCoy threw 3 pics and looked horrible against the Ravens and our D is every bit as theirs even without Troy. No upside to letting him play, we would just win more handily.

Bubbabanjo
12-31-2010, 08:28 PM
Sit him.....if ya cant beat the Browns.........ya aint goin far anyways. If he's as healthy as he can be its the best shot. Its tough if he is a one shot deal. Sure hate playing that extra game. But if he isnt in there for the Pats..........whats the diff anyways? Unless theres a major upset, the Pats are the hurdle this year. Gonna have to clear that one.

Whodis
01-01-2011, 07:39 AM
If he's healthy we should play him.

You have to like TP over Mundy giving up a big play (see Jets game).

I just think the game is too important

btaylor179
01-01-2011, 07:57 AM
sit him......mccoy still had decent game w troy playing.....save him for playoffs....if we cant beat brownies then we suck