PDA

View Full Version : Mangini son: "Are we moving soon?"

mesaSteeler
12-31-2010, 08:22 PM
Mangini son: "Are we moving soon?"
http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/glauber-s-nfl-hot-reads-1.811959/mangini-son-are-we-moving-soon-1.2579635
3:32 PM By Bob Glauber

Photo credit: AP

Jake Mangini asked his dad the other day the question that many Browns fans are also wondering about.

"He asked if we were moving," Eric Mangini said today, referring to his 6-year-old son. "I said, 'Don't worry about it, Jake. We'll figure it out.'"

Mangini will find out soon enough whether the family is pulling up stakes again. He said he expects to meet with team president Mike Holmgren on Monday, a day after the 5-10 Browns complete their season after a home game against the Steelers.

Mangini is 10-21 since taking over the Browns shortly after being fired by the Jets after the 2008 season, in which the team plummeted from 8-3 to 9-7 and failed to make the playoffs with Brett Favre as the quarterback. It was revealed after the season that Favre had suffered a torn biceps that affected his performance late in the year.

The Browns actually beat New Orleans and New England, both of whom are in the playoffs. But since beating the Patriots at home on Nov. 7, the Browns are just 2-5 since.

Mangini has two years remaining on his contract.

"I feel good about a lot of things that we've done here," Mangini said. "I believe in it. I think this organization and this team have a tremendous future, a really bright future, and I'm excited about being a part of that."

Stu Pidasso
12-31-2010, 11:35 PM
I actually hope he keeps the job. I hate to say it, but I want the rivalry back, and it can't happen until they get some stibility in Cleveland. Mangini is a good coach, and they did have a good team this year, most of the losses were of 7 points or less.

Of course, being the stupid impatient town they are, they'll fire his ass and start all over...

Merchant
01-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Start packing those bags buddy...

TRH
01-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Start packing those bags buddy...

yep. lol....He's leaving and he knows it now

steelerohio
01-02-2011, 06:30 PM
I actually hope he keeps the job. I hate to say it, but I want the rivalry back, and it can't happen until they get some stibility in Cleveland. Mangini is a good coach, and they did have a good team this year, most of the losses were of 7 points or less.

Of course, being the stupid impatient town they are, they'll fire his ass and start all over...

I agree with everything here... The rivalry should be as intense as with the Ravens since the Browns move to Balti and it seems sometimes that there's no sense of tradition on the team... but of course, there's seem to be the thinktank that a new coach should win NOW NOW NOW without the thought that good teams takes time to build... But it looks like the Browns will start all over once again...