PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu practices

mesaSteeler
12-31-2010, 08:53 PM
NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop. Dale can also be heard on Tuesday nights throughout the season from 7 to 9 p.m. on WBGG 970-AM.
Friday, December 31, 2010
Polamalu practices

Steelers safety Troy Polamalu practiced for the first time in three weeks on Friday, meaning its likely he could play Sunday in the team's regular season finale at Cleveland. (Unless we really need him he should sit. It's easy to re-injure a hamstring particularly in cold weather. - mesa)

Polamalu has missed the last two games with a right Achilles’ tendon injury. The team’s medical staff wants to see how he responds to Friday’s practice before deciding whether he can play Sunday.

Polamalu was selected this week by his teammates as the Steelers’ most valuable player, the first time in his career he was chosen. He also was picked for his sixth Pro Bowl.

Cleveland running back Peyton Hillis, meanwhile, missed his third consecutive practice with a rib injury.

Both of those things make this week's pick pretty straightforward.

Take the Steelers, 27-13

steelerdave1969
01-01-2011, 10:05 AM
I have to agree that I hope that Troy sits this one out as well. We should be the Browns with or without Troy if they play the way we are capable of. Then Troy gets close to a total of what . . . 5 weeks time to heal up and be ready to make a push for a super bowl run. We need him as healthy as possible and another week would be awesome for his rest.. The Steelers just need to go to Cleveland and take care of business and get the Bye Week . . This should be an easy win just like the earlier matchup was for this team.

Goldsteel86
01-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Do we really want to take a chance of losing this game, I'm not saying play him the whole game but the Steelers really need this game to rest people like Troy for almost two weeks with a Bye week. Also consider the "rust" factor and game speed factor, we need to really win this one, and I wouldn't say for anyone that this is an easy game, nothing is easy when it come to the Steelers and Browns or anyone that plays in the AFC North. Gotta look at this game as if the Steelers are 0-0 and the Browns are 0-0 IMO.