PDA

View Full Version : Will Steelers' D lead in the stats at season's end?

ricardisimo
12-31-2010, 09:50 PM
Mattsme has offered to put up his entire Milli Vanilli collection on CD & DVD to whoever is willing to bet against us that Steelers' D will be Numero Uno after Sunday in total yards as well as points. It's no mean feat, as they would have to hold off the mighty Colt McCoy and a god-like Peyton Hillis (assuming God is white, and a running back.)

Meanwhile, the current top defense - San Diego - is up against [drumroll please[] Tim Tebow. Tim has a new girlfriend, as any of you with Google know, and will no doubt be distracted, thinking about her succulent breasts and milky thighs... or is it milky breasts and succulent thighs? Is he dating a bucket of KFC or what?

Anyhow, the long and the short of it is that Mr. Tebow will be lucky to muster 250 net yards against the Chargers. This means that our Steelers will need to hold the mighty, fearsome Cleveland Browns to under 50 net yards!!!!! It will be a chore, to be sure. However, we are confident that it can be done, so much so that we are willing to risk parting with the collected works of the objects of Matt's sycophantic boy-crush, Milli Vanilli.

Any takers?

jizzballz
01-01-2011, 01:00 AM
this is such a retarded thread, what the hell succulent chicken tighs, wtf and you really think we google tebow every second to see who he is ****ing????????

lionslicer
01-01-2011, 01:09 AM
this is such a retarded thread, what the hell succulent chicken tighs, wtf and you really think we google tebow every second to see who he is ****ing????????

Your name is JIZZBALLZ!!

Steelers will not be leading in scoring defense after the game.

MACH1
01-01-2011, 03:03 AM
Mattsme has offered to put up his entire Milli Vanilli collection on CD & DVD to whoever is willing to bet against us that Steelers' D will be Numero Uno after Sunday in total yards as well as points. It's no mean feat, as they would have to hold off the mighty Colt McCoy and a god-like Peyton Hillis (assuming God is white, and a running back.)

Meanwhile, the current top defense - San Diego - is up against [drumroll please[] Tim Tebow. Tim has a new girlfriend, as any of you with Google know, and will no doubt be distracted, thinking about her succulent breasts and milky thighs... or is it milky breasts and succulent thighs? Is he dating a bucket of KFC or what?

Anyhow, the long and the short of it is that Mr. Tebow will be lucky to muster 250 net yards against the Chargers. This means that our Steelers will need to hold the mighty, fearsome Cleveland Browns to under 50 net yards!!!!! It will be a chore, to be sure. However, we are confident that it can be done, so much so that we are willing to risk parting with the collected works of the objects of Matt's sycophantic boy-crush, Milli Vanilli.

Any takers?

Who gives a shit. Stats don't win games!

MattsMe
01-01-2011, 04:42 AM

This comes as a complete shock. I would have assumed someone with a name like jizzballz would have a true appreciation for the artistic and cultural treasure I am putting on the line here.

Come on man, my Milli Vanilli against your Chuck Norris prosthetic beard collection. Man up!

jizzballz
01-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Your name is JIZZBALLZ!!

Steelers will not be leading in scoring defense after the game.

what's wrong with jizzballz.

i dont see anything wrong with it, should i name myself markanthony1103457

or robot1234 or clone69732169 or have the hitman code bar as my username, im using something unique and not taken before.

mattsme, lol :tt04:

mesaSteeler
01-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Who gives a shit. Stats don't win games!

THIS^

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::hatso ff::hatsoff:

tony hipchest
01-01-2011, 06:09 PM

?

:toofunny: this thread delivers.

as funny as it (and jizzballz) is, it is a farce cause i know mattsme's milli vanilli collection is on vinyl.

rico, you better throw in your Right Said Fred door poster.

while i agree the stats dont matter it is fun to watch and root for our team to come out #1 in those regards. i think its a feather in the coaching staffs cap.

i was a bit pissed in 2008 when the cardinals only ran e. james 6 times for like 5 yards and gave minnesota the rushing defense title.

otherwise the SB champ steelers woulda had the trifecta in #1 pass, rush, and overall defense + #1 scoring defense (which hasnt been done since like the 91 reggie white/seth joyner/jerome brown eagles.

ricardisimo
01-01-2011, 07:36 PM
:toofunny: this thread delivers.

as funny as it (and jizzballz) is, it is a farce cause i know mattsme's milli vanilli collection is on vinyl.

rico, you better throw in your Right Said Fred door poster.

while i agree the stats dont matter it is fun to watch and root for our team to come out #1 in those regards. i think its a feather in the coaching staffs cap.

i was a bit pissed in 2008 when the cardinals only ran e. james 6 times for like 5 yards and gave minnesota the rushing defense title.

otherwise the SB champ steelers woulda had the trifecta in #1 pass, rush, and overall defense + #1 scoring defense (which hasnt been done since like the 91 reggie white/seth joyner/jerome brown eagles.
That's right! I had forgotten about that game, or blocked it out. Now I remember screaming at my computer watching the stat line for that Minnesota game. Oh, well.

It is nice seeing the accomplishments and stats pile up. If your team is winning with poor numbers, there's a chance you're rooting for the New York Jets. My point being that although the stats are not of prime importance, they are clearly related to wins, unless you win on pure luck (as indeed the Jets were doing for much of the season.)

And for the record, my door posters are Frankie Goes to Hollywood and Dead or Alive. I would never put Right Said Fred on my walls. Yuck.

MasterOfPuppets
01-01-2011, 08:50 PM
how about you culture club bobble head collection ric ? :popcorn:
or your pet shop boys lunchbox ?

Fire Arians
01-01-2011, 09:08 PM
not if we let colt mccoy pass for over 250 on us again

but honestly at this point i don't care if he passes for 700, just as long as we win this and have NO INJURIES

jizzballz
01-01-2011, 09:12 PM
actually stats do win games, what happens if five interceptions were returned for touchdowns and you win 35-34???? lol

tony hipchest
01-02-2011, 06:20 PM
And for the record, my door posters are Frankie Goes to Hollywood and Dead or Alive. I would never put Right Said Fred on my walls. Yuck.

looks like it wasnt meant to be, unless tebow decides to shit 300+ yds of offense in the 2nd half.

dead or alive, huh? ewwww....

heres your consolation prize u freak-

VBgb3zhjO1U&feature=related

finesward
01-02-2011, 06:45 PM
@1:04 BITCH U GOT THE HERP!

Shea
01-02-2011, 07:30 PM
i know mattsme's milli vanilli collection is on vinyl.

Awesome. Can you make a few tapes for me Matt?

They don't make music like that anymore and I miss it.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Missed overall by about 100 yards and change. Lead in rushing yards and points, amonst other categories, but Tebow fell a bit shot of the Chargers today.

ricardisimo
01-03-2011, 02:01 AM
The thread was obviously meant as a joke, but I'm astounded at how close we actually came:

1. San Diego Chargers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/sandiegochargers/profile?team=SD) 271.6
2. Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) 276.8

Pretty amazing. But for Colt's first game explosion we probably would have gotten it.

tony hipchest
01-03-2011, 02:08 AM
The thread was obviously meant as a joke, but I'm astounded at how close we actually came:

1. San Diego Chargers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/sandiegochargers/profile?team=SD) 271.6
2. Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) 276.8

Pretty amazing. But for Colt's first game explosion we probably would have gotten it.

im not. i thought we really had a legitimate shot. SD defense showed up and their ST shit the bed (again). tebow played like a rookie w/o a head coach.

lucky for you, you get too kee that DOA door poster. :chuckle:

oh, and screw the chargers and anyone who calls then the #1 defense in the league in 2010.

EVERYONE with half a brain knows it was the steelers.

MattsMe
01-03-2011, 02:16 AM
oh, and screw the chargers and anyone who calls then the #1 defense in the league in 2010.

EVERYONE with half a brain knows it was the steelers.

4XLxMeg9hVY

tony hipchest
01-03-2011, 02:25 AM
:toofunny:

word.

Quasar
01-03-2011, 03:35 AM
More 2010 defensive stats:
Opponent's passer rating: 1) Packers 67.2 2) Steelers 73.1
Team sacks: 1) Steelers with 48 2) Packers/Raiders/Chargers with 47
Interceptions: 1) Patriots with 25 2) Packers with 24 3) Eagles with 23 4) Falcons with 22 5) Steelers/Bears with 21

Maybe our pass D isn't as bad as some people are saying.

Fire Arians
01-03-2011, 03:47 AM
More 2010 defensive stats:
Opponent's passer rating: 1) Packers 67.2 2) Steelers 73.1
Team sacks: 1) Steelers with 48 2) Packers/Raiders/Chargers with 47
Interceptions: 1) Patriots with 25 2) Packers with 24 3) Eagles with 23 4) Falcons with 22 5) Steelers/Bears with 21

Maybe our pass D isn't as bad as some people are saying.

it's definitely much improved from last year. im also liking what i saw from mundy when troy was out. sure he's no troy, but who is?

ike is good, b-mac is average, gay gets a lot of hate but really is good in the nickel. troy is troy. our secondary isn't bad esp when healthy. depth is a concern though, what happens if ike gets hurt? team might be screwed worse than a polamalu injury, we are thin at cb

Shea
01-03-2011, 11:59 PM
One of the two Milli Vanillers commited suicide.

Funny ass thread so I don't mean to be a downer by pointing that out, but sometimes I just feel like typing.

MattsMe
01-04-2011, 12:05 AM
One of the two Milli Vanillers commited suicide.

Funny ass thread so I don't mean to be a downer by pointing that out, but sometimes I just feel like typing.

I wasn't sure if it was suicide or accidental overdose. Only the good die young.

Steel-Bryan
01-04-2011, 12:18 AM
Our pass D isnt bad at all, we just let up huge plays, at the worst moment, if we eliminate those few plays, our pass D wouldn't take as much criticism as they do now :noidea:

tony hipchest
01-04-2011, 12:45 AM
Our pass D isnt bad at all, we just let up huge plays,

actually it is quite the opposite. the one thing they dont do is give up alot of huge plays. they may give up smaller chunks but keep everything infront of them.

steelers only allowed 35 passing plays of 20+ yards which is best in the league. only 7 were above 40 yds. the longest pass play they gave up was 67 yds and it didnt even go for a TD.

the opponents passer rating against them was 73.1 which was 2nd to the packers. and only 6.3 yards per attempt proved to be the stingiest.

21 int tied for 5th and 48 sacks led the league.

some people just expect us to be on a historic pace every single year.

there is much more to the passing defense than just the yardage total numbers. we had one of the best pass defenses in the league.

ricardisimo
01-04-2011, 02:06 AM
Tony, why do you have to be such a Debbie Upper? Take your half-full glass and shove it!

Steel-Bryan
01-04-2011, 06:33 PM
actually it is quite the opposite. the one thing they dont do is give up alot of huge plays. they may give up smaller chunks but keep everything infront of them.

steelers only allowed 35 passing plays of 20+ yards which is best in the league. only 7 were above 40 yds. the longest pass play they gave up was 67 yds and it didnt even go for a TD.

the opponents passer rating against them was 73.1 which was 2nd to the packers. and only 6.3 yards per attempt proved to be the stingiest.

21 int tied for 5th and 48 sacks led the league.

some people just expect us to be on a historic pace every single year.

there is much more to the passing defense than just the yardage total numbers. we had one of the best pass defenses in the league.

Well, i didnt really check stats, i just remember the 2 bombs that gave the Ravens most of their passing yardage, the bengals TD with T.O , and that HUGE ravens screen pass after the harrison penalty

tony hipchest
01-04-2011, 06:40 PM
shit happens :smile:

lionslicer
01-05-2011, 02:21 AM
In an unrelated note, but related to the defense...

I just remembered this, but I'm too lazy to search through old threads, after the 1st Ravens game, people were chatting on the board, talking about the Steelers not getting a lot of pressure and at the time the Steelers had 12 sacks, and someone said they were on track for 48 sacks... I didn't think they'd actually get 48 sacks on the dot but they did..

I just thought that was funny tehehehe.