mesaSteeler
01-02-2011, 12:20 AM
Breaking down Steelers vs. Browns
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_716294.html#
By Mark Kaboly
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, January 2, 2011

3 REASONS WHY THE STEELERS WILL WIN

1) Ben Roethlisberger Roethlisberger wasn't sharp during the first meeting back during Week 6. It was his first game back from his suspension and it showed. He threw for 257 and three touchdowns, but most of that came late in the game.

2) It's in Ohio The Steelers have never lost a game during the regular season in Cleveland during the month of January (3-0). Add that to the fact that the Steelers had won 14 consecutive games in the state of Ohio before losing in Cleveland and Cincinnati last year.

3) Refreshed The Steelers last played a game Dec. 23, giving them 10 days off between games very unusual especially this late in the season. The tired Steelers should be well rested and have an extra hop in their step.

3 REASONS WHY THE STEELERS WILL LOSE

1) Colt McCoy McCoy looked like anything but a rookie quarterback playing in his first game the last time the two teams met. He threw for 281 yards and a touchdown and has improved since leading the Browns to four wins.

2) Peyton Hillis Hillis has dropped off as of late and the Steelers did good job of containing in Week 6, but Hillis' power running and versatility makes him a threat at any time.

3) Joshua Cribbs Cribbs hasn't nearly had the season he had a year ago averaging a career-low 21 yards per kick and 8.3 yards per punt return, but is always dangerous of making game-altering special teams play.

Mark Kaboly can be reached at mkaboly@dailynewsemail.com or 412-664-9161.

Third Rail
01-02-2011, 06:09 AM
I'm getting a little sick of hearing about how brilliant McCoy's performance was in the first meeting between the Steelers and Browns. Yes, for his first career start, he did a good job. He also threw two picks and didn't get his team higher than 10 points. Not very impressive.

SacknificentStew56
01-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Our guys know what's on the line and Colt won't put up close to 300 yds passing on us this time around. Hillis will cough up the rock once or twice and I dare him to try and hurdle one of our defenders.

TRH
01-02-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm getting a little sick of hearing about how brilliant McCoy's performance was in the first meeting between the Steelers and Browns. Yes, for his first career start, he did a good job. He also threw two picks and didn't get his team higher than 10 points. Not very impressive.

I thought he did exceptionally well for his first NFL game, certainly looked much better than Quinn, Anderson and recent others. I wouldn't say "brilliant", but he did look pretty good.