PDA

View Full Version : Playoff tickets

lexingtonsteelersfan
01-02-2011, 02:17 PM
This is my first post on here so my apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this question. I am looking to come up for the playoff game in two weeks and im curious as to where and when tickets will go on sale to the public. Will it be tonight or tomorrow and where would be my best bet in purchasing them? Thanks guys! Go Steelers.

TailgateMel
01-02-2011, 04:44 PM
They put all the extra tickets (ones not purchased by season ticket holders + the other extras) up for sale to the folks on the waitlist last monday via ticketmater. I don't know if there are any leftover from that sale, I doubt it.

Mel

Atlanta Dan
01-02-2011, 04:55 PM
They put all the extra tickets (ones not purchased by season ticket holders + the other extras) up for sale to the folks on the waitlist last monday via ticketmater. I don't know if there are any leftover from that sale, I doubt it.

Mel

Bouchette says the extra seats put in for the NHL Winter Classic are staying for the playoffs

the 3,000 or so temporary seats that were added for the NHL Winter Classic at Heinz Field will remain there for the Steelers’ playoff game –

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports-town/steelers

No idea whether the general public gets first crack at those seats - i hope so; the season ticket holders can be kind of quiet at times

TailgateMel
01-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Hmm... I can't say weather or not they were up for sale for the waitlist sale, I ended up with seats in section 131, so obviously a season ticket holder didn't send in for playoff tickets & I got their seats.

I think it is a good thing that they put them up for sale to folks on the waitlist first as:

a) I have been on the waitlist since 1997, other than buying seats off of family/friends/scalpers, this is the only way I can get tickets.

b) It is FREE to get on the waitlist, all you have to do is mail in a letter requesting to be on the waitlist. If you are really a fan, this is something you can take the extra 10 minutes and 50 cents to do.

Don't get us waitlisters lumped in with some of the season ticket holders that are more complacent we are usually very very excited to get the chance to be at the game! :tt:

Mel

GameTime55
01-03-2011, 11:17 AM
pm'd ya Mel.

apollo1980
01-03-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm on the waiting list for season tickets (a former "Individual Season Ticket Holder" before they got rid of the program.)

I remember in 07 and 08 getting an email stating that playoff tickers were going to be made available on Ticketmaster.com on X day at X time and to buy, buy, buy.

Which I did.

I didn't get an email this year (neither did my cousin, who is on the waiting list as well and normally gets those emails.)

Does anyone know if they sent them out to us lowly waiting list members? I know someone who is a season ticket holder and she said she was emailed about ticketmaster selling the tickets.

Thanks in advance.

TailgateMel
01-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Yes, I'm on the waitlist, I got the email... that is how I knew about the sale. The email included my account number / password dealeo that I had to enter to be able to buy.

Maybe make sure it didn't end up in your spam box somehow...

The email I got arrived in my inbox on Tuesday, December 21st and it was from TICKETOFFICE@STEELERS.NFL.COM

apollo1980
01-03-2011, 03:54 PM
TailgateMel:

Thanks for telling me about that.

Yeah, I'm familiar with the login and use your account number deal, just never got the email.

Neither did my cousin.

Shame. Now we're debating on wheter or not to go. Buying a ticket online now, from what I've seen, may not be worth it for us.

Thanks for the date, though. I'll go back and look at my email for that date to see if I did get it. Never does my steeler email get listed under spam, I always get it, not to mention my blackberry shows all my Steelers emails.

Oh well...

steelerchad
01-03-2011, 04:03 PM
TailgateMel:

Thanks for telling me about that.

Yeah, I'm familiar with the login and use your account number deal, just never got the email.

Neither did my cousin.

Shame. Now we're debating on wheter or not to go. Buying a ticket online now, from what I've seen, may not be worth it for us.

Thanks for the date, though. I'll go back and look at my email for that date to see if I did get it. Never does my steeler email get listed under spam, I always get it, not to mention my blackberry shows all my Steelers emails.

Oh well...

I got it also. Same date as Mel. If you didn't you may want to verify your wait list status.
Trust me, they do make mistakes in the ticket office. I've been on the wait list since the late 90's. I moved in 2005 and sent in my updated address info by mail just like they stated. The next year when I received my letter about the single game ticket sale it had my wait list date as starting on October 2005, which is when I moved and sent my letter to them. I lost 6 years off the wait list and there was nothing I could do about it unless I had a letter from them stating my original wait list date, which I didn't. I didn't argue to much because at the time I didn't want to piss someone off and have them remove me completely.
The wait list is a joke anyway, it doesn't move at all anymore. It is only good for a few of these type perks.

Atlanta Dan
01-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Don't get us waitlisters lumped in with some of the season ticket holders that are more complacent we are usually very very excited to get the chance to be at the game! :tt:

Mel

Not referring to the wait list folks - I know it is cool in many ways for someone to have had season tickets going back to Pitt Stadium, but when someone who has not had tickets going back to Chuck Noll gets a seat it can raise the energy level (e.g. - my understanding is for the 2007 Jax playoff game a lot of season ticket holders gave up their tickets when the Steelers slumped to end the season and that Saturday night crowd was great)

TailgateMel
01-04-2011, 11:06 AM
What is really sad is how they have continually been jacking up the prices of the tickets.... and the damn fees from ticketmaster!

I was pretty excited to see that I got first level seats! (sec 131)

Well, the face value is $130 each on them! (vs. $92 for the same section for a regular season game)

ON TOP OF THAT for two seats there was:

$24.10 convience charge from ticketmaster
$4.05 order processing charge from ticketmaster
$18.50 UPS shipping charge

So my total order was $288.15 for two tickets.. $144 each!

Postseason game jacked up the cost 30% then adding another $10+ a piece just for ticketmaster... blech! I'm happy to have the seats, and yes, it is cheaper than buying them off scalpers, but it is still crazy.

Mel