PDA

View Full Version : mesasteeler appreciation thread!

Fire Arians
01-02-2011, 01:27 PM
I like all the articles you find and post here, keep it up bro you're the man

stlrz fan
01-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Keep it up Mesa, I read every one of them!!

toughsticks87
01-02-2011, 02:13 PM
:thumbsup:

I read almost all of them!

pete74
01-02-2011, 02:16 PM
thank you for posting this. i appreciate him posting them and think were lucky to have him here. you cant find the info he posts on any one news site so its really nice being able to come here and read them all instead of searching 7 different news sights

theplatypus
01-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Awwww isn't that cute a big group hug for Mesa

mesaSteeler
01-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Mesa thanks all of you for your support.

MACH1
01-02-2011, 02:56 PM
:cheers:

Good work Mesa.

mesaSteeler
01-02-2011, 03:12 PM
I've never been able to understand why some trolls get so bent of shape because I post articles. After all if you don't want to read them then don't. I don't mind if someone doesn't read them but I do think the articles provide a basis for discussion. Much better to discuss things with current information.

About a year ago or so a troll showed up and got all bent out of shape about it before they got banned. Must be post count envy or something.

To borrow a line from one of my favorite poems all I'm doing is providing "simple service simply given to his own kind in their common need."

It's from the "Sons of Martha" by Rudyard Kipping and poem is part of the "Obligation of the Engineer" ceremony.

Here is a link to if you are interested.
http://www.mindspring.com/~blackhart/The_Sons_of_Martha.html

mizzouristeeler
01-02-2011, 03:15 PM
i read all the articles. This forum is the first place I look for news now.

pete74
01-02-2011, 03:17 PM
i read all the articles. This forum is the first place I look for news now.

i do the same and agree

fer522
01-02-2011, 03:18 PM
DAMN!! YOU A PHILOSOPHER TOO :chuckle:

ETL
01-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Thanks Mesa! I bought my motorcycle in Mesa at the Harley dealer there even though I live in Chicago. (they just had the best price at that time ... In the whole damn country!).

I have a daily routine which involves going to both pittsburgh newspaper sites and then to this forum for your articles from other smaller papers and blogs. I then click on profootballtalk.com about six times a day. Your service is immensely appreciated.

TRH
01-02-2011, 04:57 PM
i like all the articles. Good to have them in one place and have generally one person bringing them in. Easy to keep track of that way.

grward
01-02-2011, 05:06 PM
i like all the articles. Good to have them in one place and have generally one person bringing them in. Easy to keep track of that way.

Couldn't agree more! I encourage fellow fans to visit this site simply b/c of the articles posted here. THANK YOU MESA!

steelerohio
01-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Thank you Mesa...

it is too much of a hassle sometimes to run the articles down all over the net and it is nice knowing that they get posted here...

:tt03: for ya...

theplatypus
01-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Mesa is far better than that feed guy.

urgle burgle
01-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Mesa for Pres!!!!!

Shea
01-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Mesa rocks!

Feed Robot needs to be kicked in the nuts and then shot.

steelerchad
01-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Agreed. Much appreciation for your time and effort.

DoctorCAD
01-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Sorry, but I agree with the guy that wants a separate thread for articles. I visit forums to discuss things with FANS, not read the articles I can easily find on my own.

A sub-forum for articles is needed...BAD. Sometimes the entire first page is nothing but articles.

Shea
01-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Sorry, but I agree with the guy that wants a separate thread for articles. I visit forums to discuss things with FANS, not read the articles I can easily find on my own.

A sub-forum for articles is needed...BAD. Sometimes the entire first page is nothing but articles.

Navigate around the forum if you find it so distractfull, only an idiot would find that diffucult. This is so stupid.

Mesa, I appreciate what you do on the forum.

mesaSteeler
01-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Mesa thanks all of you again for your support. Have no fear it would more than the disapproval of a newbie troll to stop me from posting. For those of you who don't like the articles simply put me on ignore or don't open them. I won't be offended.

caplovestroyp43
01-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Joining with everyone else to say thank you for the articles you post. They sometimes draw some very interesting feedback. So glad you take the time to do that. Thanks again; I know the majority of us appreciate it very much.

:hatsoff::hatsoff::applaudit::applaudit::thumbsup:

floodcitygirl
01-02-2011, 10:00 PM
Thanks Mesa! :thumbsup:

pete74
01-03-2011, 04:51 AM

obviously the majority of us are fine with that. he posts the articles and we discuss and debate certain areas of them. its not like its difficult to click the next page icon at the bottom if your looking for something in particular anyway.

DoctorCAD
01-03-2011, 08:10 AM
Navigate around the forum if you find it so distractfull, only an idiot would find that diffucult. This is so stupid.

Mesa, I appreciate what you do on the forum.

Why do you have to make it personal???

Just expressing my opinion, so **** off.

SteelCityMom
01-03-2011, 08:24 AM
No big deal, your opinion is fine Doctor. I might not agree with it, but we're not all going to agree on everything.

Best thing I can tell you right now is, like suggested, to put Mesa on ignore if the articles bother you. I'll look into creating a sub forum for discussing news articles, since it probably is something that would make/keep everyone happy...but I'm not even close to guaranteeing anything.

vasteeler
01-03-2011, 10:47 AM
No big deal, your opinion is fine Doctor. I might not agree with it, but we're not all going to agree on everything.

Best thing I can tell you right now is, like suggested, to put Mesa on ignore if the articles bother you. I'll look into creating a sub forum for discussing news articles, since it probably is something that would make/keep everyone happy...but I'm not even close to guaranteeing anything.

no, please keep them where they are!!!

mesa's articles and a handful of posters are why i keep coming to this site

grward
01-03-2011, 11:23 AM

+1,000! Like I said ... I recommend this site to fellow fans mostly b/c of the articles posted here.

MACH1
01-03-2011, 11:32 AM

Noooo...No need to change just for one or two complainers. It's not that difficult to skip over the articles if your not interested in them.

pete74
01-03-2011, 12:44 PM

i agree 100000%. i started coming here just for that reason. i used to surf profootball, fox sports, yahoo sports, espn, etc.. everyday to find all the latest news so its nice having it all in one spot.

this is the most active section of the forum and as long as the majority of people agree with me it will be left here so everyone can read, debate and discuss them

SteelerEmpire
01-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Is'ent making new posts the purpose of a message board anyway ? I could not entertain any logic running counter to that. I for one would get board "pretty quick" if the same information / discussions were to hang around too long. I wish the message board had all new information from top to bottom every time I clicked in... so in my opinion, mesa does his job "above and beyond". Therefore, "good job mesa". :thumbsup:

Whodis
01-03-2011, 04:59 PM
here here

fer522
01-03-2011, 05:29 PM
mesa hermano :wave:, really enjoy your posts so keep it up bro
and one more thing
FIRE ARIANS :chuckle:

mesaSteeler
01-03-2011, 06:12 PM
mesa hermano :wave:, really enjoy your posts so keep it up bro
and one more thing
FIRE ARIANS :chuckle:

Thanks for all the support from everyone. :hatsoff:

If I could fire Arians I would!

USWSteel
01-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Mesa thanks all of you again for your support. Have no fear it would more than the disapproval of a newbie troll to stop me from posting. For those of you who don't like the articles simply put me on ignore or don't open them. I won't be offended.

WOW !!! mesasteeler .... you are sure full of yourself !!!! You act like your pulling children out of burning buildings !!! You search google and copy and paste articles ....WOW !!!

Just because you may not have the same opinion as I do on some aspects of the Steelers doesn't make someone a TROLL as you like to throw around. I hope the Mods ban you as you like to attack people with your holier than thou attitude !

I really hope that this thread makes your day, because you must have one pathetic life that revolves around this message board.

USWSteel
01-03-2011, 06:38 PM

You sir ..must be a troll. my god !! Your not a real fan, you have no business here !!!!
:drink:

Why is this mesa guy so angry ? Is a troll ?

USWSteel
01-03-2011, 06:42 PM

Hey Mom , you seem to chime in on alot of posts. What is this mesa's guys attitude for ? Just because he may have a difference of opinion doesnt give him the right to attack other members .

steelax04
01-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Just because he may have a difference of opinion doesnt give him the right to attack other members .

This coming from the guy that started a thread attacking Mesa... :doh:

Maybe another forum would be a better fit for your message board needs?

USWSteel
01-03-2011, 07:06 PM
This coming from the guy that started a thread attacking Mesa... :doh:

Maybe another forum would be a better fit for your message board needs?

You call it an attack saying there should be a separate place for all these new articles ? Sorry to hurt his feelings !!!

steelax04
01-03-2011, 07:42 PM
You call it an attack saying there should be a separate place for all these new articles ? Sorry to hurt his feelings !!!

If it wasn't an attack, then it should have been taken via PM to the mods directly, or framed in a manner of referencing ALL articles, not just Mesa's. You directly called him out in the open. For the sake of argument, if it was NOT an attack as you imply, then you really are taking issue with ANY articles posted in the Steelers section that bump other threads that are started by members, correct? At what point is it "OK" to post an article in the Steelers section? Do I need to post the article in the "article" section and then start a thread in the Steelers section with a link to it? Would it be allowed if I made a comment directly against the article? Or maybe I'm assuming incorrectly and you think that Mesa is simply post-whoring and anyone BUT Mesa can post articles? And one other thing, if you want anyone to take you seriously on this topic, you should probably pull back on the condesending and sarcastic tone.

I think your opinion has some merit, but it was just poorly framed from the start and that's where it went downhill. Also, what you are asking isn't as easy as the mods creating a new section... the guidelines for posting articles in the Steelers section would need to be drafted up (with answers to the questions I stated above, plus many more) and then policed. IMHO, with things like the subscription function (so the threads you want to watch don't get lost) and the fact that Mesa really doesn't flood the forum as much as you made it seem (remember, it was the day after the Steelers clinched 2nd seed and a bye in the playoffs), it's just a little bit of overkill right now.

SteelCityMom
01-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Hey Mom , you seem to chime in on alot of posts. What is this mesa's guys attitude for ? Just because he may have a difference of opinion doesnt give him the right to attack other members .

Yeah, I guess I'll chime in on this one too.

You don't get to question why someone is or isn't banned when your the one who started a thread (in the Steelers section of all places), calling out a specific member about their posting habits.

If you don't like a topic, don't read it. If you don't like a poster, who by all accounts has been as mild in their attacks as you were with yours, then put them on ignore. If you have a specific issue you'd like addressed, PM one of the mods. Continuing childish banter like this will get you nowhere.

And don't complain about other attitudes when you have one yourself. It's just not prudent.

Lord of Lombardi
01-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Mesa,

You've grown to be my credible authority on Stiller truth and logic. And to think I spent 8 years in the Marine Corps to give these Yahoos the freedom to read what they choose. I guess there are certain people who have been spoon fed all their lives and have no idea on how to choose things for themselves. Proof again that youth is wasted on the wrong people. I think these complainers are Bungle fans disguised as Brown fans. Keep it up.

USWSteel
01-03-2011, 07:56 PM
If it wasn't an attack, then it should have been taken via PM to the mods directly, or framed in a manner of referencing ALL articles, not just Mesa's. You directly called him out in the open. For the sake of argument, if it was NOT an attack as you imply, then you really are taking issue with ANY articles posted in the Steelers section that bump other threads that are started by members, correct? At what point is it "OK" to post an article in the Steelers section? Do I need to post the article in the "article" section and then start a thread in the Steelers section with a link to it? Would it be allowed if I made a comment directly against the article? Or maybe I'm assuming incorrectly and you think that Mesa is simply post-whoring and anyone BUT Mesa can post articles? And one other thing, if you want anyone to take you seriously on this topic, you should probably pull back on the condesending and sarcastic tone.

I think your opinion has some merit, but it was just poorly framed from the start and that's where it went downhill. Also, what you are asking isn't as easy as the mods creating a new section... the guidelines for posting articles in the Steelers section would need to be drafted up (with answers to the questions I stated above, plus many more) and then policed. IMHO, with things like the subscription function (so the threads you want to watch don't get lost) and the fact that Mesa really doesn't flood the forum as much as you made it seem (remember, it was the day after the Steelers clinched 2nd seed and a bye in the playoffs), it's just a little bit of overkill right now.

I see your point. My problem is this guy calling people "trolls" oh and "newbies" ! I dont care how many post he has or articles he posts, the fact is I read alot of the stuff he posts. I just think that when he makes 10 or 15 post in a row takes alot away from the section. Start a topic with your own thoughts not something you copied and paste constantly. I believe it takes away from people that post the own thoughts in this section. Then his attitude sucks because he thinks he owns the place !

Lord of Lombardi
01-03-2011, 08:08 PM
I see your point. My problem is this guy calling people "trolls" oh and "newbies" ! I dont care how many post he has or articles he posts, the fact is I read alot of the stuff he posts. I just think that when he makes 10 or 15 post in a row takes alot away from the section. Start a topic with your own thoughts not something you copied and paste constantly. I believe it takes away from people that post the own thoughts in this section. Then his attitude sucks because he thinks he owns the place !

You have 52 posts......He does own the place according to your numbers. And mine.

USWSteel
01-03-2011, 08:21 PM
You have 52 posts......He does own the place according to your numbers. And mine.

I dont think he does.

DoctorCAD
01-04-2011, 08:27 AM
Mesa,

You've grown to be my credible authority on Stiller truth and logic. And to think I spent 8 years in the Marine Corps to give these Yahoos the freedom to read what they choose. I guess there are certain people who have been spoon fed all their lives and have no idea on how to choose things for themselves. Proof again that youth is wasted on the wrong people. I think these complainers are Bungle fans disguised as Brown fans. Keep it up.

Thank you for your service to our country.

52 is hardly young.

Now, Marine or not...you ever call me a Cleveland or Cincinnati fan again and we are going to throw down. (not really, you'd probably use that "kill with your thumb thing" that all Marines can do)

pete74
01-04-2011, 09:57 AM

people discuss and debate the articles so i really dont see your point as to how its a waste of space. as for him calling someone a troll, i probably would of said alot worse if that person insulted me by calling most of my posts a waste

floodcitygirl
01-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Geesh people! This sounds like whiny sibling rivalry. Anyone can feel free to post up articles in the appropriate forum. Anyone who doesn't care to read them can skip over them. If you've got a complaint, pm the mods. This isn't rocket science and not what I want to be reading about when......The Steelers won the division! We're heading to the playoffs! Can we PLEASE move on! :drink:

And yes, I'm gonna take my own advice and not read this thread anymore. :doh:

fer522
01-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Mesa,

You've grown to be my credible authority on Stiller truth and logic. And to think I spent 8 years in the Marine Corps to give these Yahoos the freedom to read what they choose. I guess there are certain people who have been spoon fed all their lives and have no idea on how to choose things for themselves. Proof again that youth is wasted on the wrong people. I think these complainers are Bungle fans disguised as Brown fans. Keep it up

thank you bro

52 is hardly young.

Now, Marine or not...you ever call me a Cleveland or Cincinnati fan again and we are going to throw down. (not really, you'd probably use that "kill with your thumb thing" that all Marines can do

:toofunny: :rofl: :toofunny: :rofl: :toofunny:

Lord of Lombardi
01-04-2011, 09:13 PM

52 is hardly young.

Now, Marine or not...you ever call me a Cleveland or Cincinnati fan again and we are going to throw down. (not really, you'd probably use that "kill with your thumb thing" that all Marines can do)

52 was not my age. That was the number of posts that I had going. Yes I was in 2d Marine Division my first tour then MWSS 174 in Hawaii my 2nd.

And no Stiller fan will ever route for the CLowns or Bungles unless they are playing the Rat Birds.

mesaSteeler
01-04-2011, 09:49 PM
52 was not my age. That was the number of posts that I had going. Yes I was in 2d Marine Division my first tour then MWSS 174 in Hawaii my 2nd.

And no Stiller fan will ever route for the CLowns or Bungles unless they are playing the Rat Birds.

and not even then. I always hope for a tie.

DoctorCAD
01-05-2011, 06:59 AM

and not even then. I always hope for a tie.

Na...I always root for the earth to open up and swallow both teams down.

grward
01-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Na...I always root for the earth to open up and swallow both teams down.

Meee tooooo!