PDA

View Full Version : No Respect

stlrz fan
01-02-2011, 04:22 PM
We just stomped Cleveland and locked up the division. Do we now need to listen to why Baltimore is the AFCN Team to beat in the playoffs?

sharkweek
01-02-2011, 04:30 PM
I hope so, its always best to have opponents underestimate/overlook you

Rick5895
01-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Who cares what others think, we all know what will happen come playoffs. Another Steelers Super bowl title

Raw Steel
01-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Who cares what people think? All that matters now is what you do on the field. Three wins and we have #7.

Besides, did anyone see Baltimore today? They were awful.

pete74
01-02-2011, 04:36 PM
i hope people keep on calling Baltimore the team to beat but after today i doubt it

mesaSteeler
01-02-2011, 04:40 PM
The Ratbirds were "sloppy", to quote the Baltimore Sun, in their win over the Bungles so that should blunt the Ratbird talk. What we will hear is sloppy knob sucking of the Cheats,

See the Sun article about the Ratbirds

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=887188#post887188

hicksfan
01-02-2011, 04:43 PM
anything can happen but pittsburgh is right where they want to be: getting very healthy, a weekend off with 3 games left to play. i think they vanilla'd the earlier game plans against teams they thought they'd play again, i think we'll see a real aggressive team moving forward. adding aaron smith back into the fold - they're gonna take it all or at least make the other team earn it.

Merchant
01-02-2011, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't say we're not getting any respect.. got an article on the nfl.com front page titled "Championship Material"

stlrz fan
01-02-2011, 04:53 PM
We definitely thrive in the Underdog roll but have never understood the love affair with the Thugs.

jjpro11
01-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Baltimore hasn't impressed me all season.. at least not up to the level they were projected to be this preseason. mediocre win after mediocre win.. the defense is clearly not what it used to be. whatever.. who cares? we just need to take care of our business.

stb_steeler
01-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Who cares what people think? All that matters now is what you do on the field. Three wins and we have #7.

Besides, did anyone see Baltimore today? They were awful.

Bengals handed the game to them

Third Rail
01-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Baltimore was pathetic today... I almost never say this because I think victories should never be taken lightly, no matter how they are won, but Baltimore did NOT win that game today; Carson Palmer lost it. He had two clear opportunities to win or tie the game, and he 1. fumbles the ball for no reason and 2. overthrows his receivers horribly. He shot himself in the foot at the end of that game.

theplatypus
01-02-2011, 06:07 PM
We just won by 32 and you're worried about a lack of respect?

Come on man

SacknificentStew56
01-02-2011, 06:12 PM
I don't know about everyone else but I love the position that we're in right now. We accomplished 1 out of 3 goals this season which is to first win the division. One trophy down.........two more to go!!

grward
01-02-2011, 06:16 PM
anything can happen but pittsburgh is right where they want to be: getting very healthy, a weekend off with 3 games left to play. i think they vanilla'd the earlier game plans against teams they thought they'd play again, i think we'll see a real aggressive team moving forward. adding aaron smith back into the fold - they're gonna take it all or at least make the other team earn it.

This is exactly what I think. It just seems to me that the game plan on both sides of the ball were obviously vanilla in some of the games this season. Just look at the defensive approach to the Cheatriots game ... not at all what LeBeau normally dials up. I can only hope we are right about this and the Championship game comes down to us and the Cheats ... we go into their house and play lights out bringing the trophy back to da Burgh!

steelcity1974
01-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Baltimore is just not that good. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose to KC. Steelers finally played a complete game today and showed what they are capable of. I guarantee we gonna be sharp in the playoffs. Only team capable of beating us when we play to our potential is NE.

SH-Rock
01-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Baltimore is just not that good. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose to KC. Steelers finally played a complete game today and showed what they are capable of. I guarantee we gonna be sharp in the playoffs. Only team capable of beating us when we play to our potential is NE.

We're hitting our stride at the right time.

caplovestroyp43
01-02-2011, 09:41 PM
This is exactly what I think. It just seems to me that the game plan on both sides of the ball were obviously vanilla in some of the games this season. Just look at the defensive approach to the Cheatriots game ... not at all what LeBeau normally dials up. I can only hope we are right about this and the Championship game comes down to us and the Cheats ... we go into their house and play lights out bringing the trophy back to da Burgh!

Oh wouldn't that be GLORIOUS if we could beat them like a red headed step child?? God they need to be CREAMED so bad it's not funny!!

I hope SOMEONE can bring them down once and for all. It just might be the Steelers that can do it. What a dream come true that would be.

Cap