PDA

View Full Version : Harrison on Int Returns

finesward
01-02-2011, 05:42 PM
I've watched a couple highlights this year where he just absolutely destroys a would be tackler. I think it was against the Raiders he completely decleated Michael Bush, who by any means isn't some small WR or QB...and today he completely leveled Peyton Hillis who is a bruiser himself. I know he is great returning INT's (ala sup bowl) but I'm just as happy watching him take free shots during returns when the ball isn't in his hand.

I thought this was a great win today, and really liked seeing the second team out there making plays. I thought mundy is looking better and better (possible replacement for clark in a cpl years) Sylvester showed his motor and closing speed, although I believe they had him out there on the outside rushing the passer most of the time. He has the same closing speed as Timmons, lots of similarities between the two.

Larry foote did a decent job getting some PT. Hood had a sack early which was impressive. Hopefully they start dialing up some pressure packages that use his talents...possibly replacing hampton a few times a game when smith comes back.

Offense was great today...had no problems getting in the EZ. If they can keep this up, which they should, they will have no problem getting to the dance. I'm feeling real good going into the bye.

Oh and how about how shitty those rat turds looked today. They BARELY eaked one out against the bungles. How many games has carson CHOKED in his career? Who throws the ball OOB on 4th down? what a douche. Heard lots of ravens fans cheering @ the bar I was in. Then they got realllll quiet during the 4th Q. They had like 3 fumble recoveries where the other player just dropped the ball with no contact at all, and they were cheering like they had the 2000 ravens D. Bunch of posers. Stallworth, the manslaughterer, had a cheesy fumble to boot. Both of those teams looked like they ought to miss the playoffs. Balt will be one and done....

PhantomJB93
01-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Hood had a great game today, he got pressure on Mccoy a few times and I saw us line him up at NT a couple times as well in place of Hampton which I thought is something to keep an eye on.

mizzouristeeler
01-02-2011, 05:55 PM
I listened to the game on the radio and it sounded like Mundy did a good job.

SH-Rock
01-02-2011, 05:56 PM
What I really like is as a defensive as whole is that whenever there is an interception, the ball carrier automatically gets a convoy. The Defense just magically appear around that player in no time.

Shea
01-02-2011, 06:39 PM
What I really like is as a defensive as whole is that whenever there is an interception, the ball carrier automatically gets a convoy. The Defense just magically appear around that player in no time.

Yep. It's my favorite moment when watching a game, seeing one of the boys running with the ball on D.

They quickly turn from hunters to hunted yet kick ass both ways.

Pentheon
01-02-2011, 07:25 PM
I didnt see the hit he put on hillis...got a video?

ScreamingEagle
01-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Do you have a video clip of Harrison on the return? I'd like to see that. :applaudit:

finesward
01-02-2011, 08:56 PM
one from today...it doesn't look like much but that's a 240 lb running back he lays on his ass

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81d61c1e/Clark-picks-McCoy

you can see silverback jacked up after the play

heres the one against oakland

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/09000d5d81c4bd8e/Steelers-defense-INT

hits bush so hard his helmet flies off at the end

Merchant
01-02-2011, 11:01 PM
one from today...it doesn't look like much but that's a 240 lb running back he lays on his ass

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81d61c1e/Clark-picks-McCoy

you can see silverback jacked up after the play

heres the one against oakland

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/09000d5d81c4bd8e/Steelers-defense-INT

hits bush so hard his helmet flies off at the end

LOLLL... Harrison >>>
After the play he made sure Bush knew who hit him too. He was like, wuddup?

lionslicer
01-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Harrison should get the ball on hand offs sometimes in the redzone... I think he could get it in everytime.

I remember his interception on monday night in 2007 when he hurdled over a chargers player, i think it was Gates. And no one really was blocking for him either lol. xP People mention how when a steelers player gets an interception its like a wall of steelers around them blocking for them, Tomlin takes the credit for it saying he learned it in Tampa Bay. So for Tomlin haters, maybe if he wasn't around, Steelers never learn that, harrison never makes that 101 yard intercetpion return in a superbowl.

SacknificentStew56
01-03-2011, 04:19 AM
Harrison should get the ball on hand offs sometimes in the redzone... I think he could get it in everytime.

I remember his interception on monday night in 2007 when he hurdled over a chargers player, i think it was Gates. And no one really was blocking for him either lol. xP People mention how when a steelers player gets an interception its like a wall of steelers around them blocking for them, Tomlin takes the credit for it saying he learned it in Tampa Bay. So for Tomlin haters, maybe if he wasn't around, Steelers never learn that, harrison never makes that 101 yard intercetpion return in a superbowl.

I think it was LT who he hurdled and as far as his pick in the super bowl. He would've scored a lot sooner if Deshea would've got the molasses out his @$$ and blocked someone instead of trying to steal Silverback's glory.