PDA

View Full Version : Now we know. Who do you want?

SteelKnight
01-02-2011, 07:16 PM
OK so now we know we will likely either play the Colts or Ravens..

Which do you prefer to play?

If the Jets win we play the Ravens.
If the Jets lose we play the Colts.

JCPsteelers
01-02-2011, 07:17 PM
I rather play the Colts. Let the Ravens and Pats smash it up in Foxboro.

Ravens got a great draw vs the Chiefs. They will dominate that game.

I think the Colts will find a way at home to beat the jets.

SteelKnight
01-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Baltimore only scored 13 today. I'd rather play them and hope Ben can do something than try to keep up with Manning.

SteelKnight
01-02-2011, 07:20 PM

I agree the Colts will beat the Jets.

PhantomJB93
01-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Damn I dont like this, Ravens is always a tough game but I feel we could come out on top of course. I dont like playing Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Brees with this defense though, if we got pressure on Manning we could win but I'm awfully scared of what he could do to our secondary and of what that beastly Colts Dline could do to our Oline.

I actually think I might rather play the Ravens...then again nobody thought we would pull it out against the Colts in 05 so...:noidea:

JCPsteelers
01-02-2011, 07:25 PM
This year's Colts isn't a vintage team. They don't scare me as much as past year Colt teams. Plus historically we have never lost vs the Colts in the playoffs 5-0 alltime I believe.

Our offense would put up a lot of points vs them too. Weak defense. They'd score against our secondary but I think Big Ben and company would be able to put up enough points.

I don't think we can win in Foxboro so I'm all for the Ravens knocking them off (who forever reason play the Pats much better than we do) and coming to Heinz for the AFC title.

zulater
01-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Why is it that we couldn't play the Chiefs?

Atlanta Dan
01-02-2011, 07:36 PM

Steelers play Chiefs (#4 seed) if #6 Jets and #4 Chiefs win next weekend

SH-Rock
01-02-2011, 07:38 PM
I'd rather play the Ravens.

Fire Arians
01-02-2011, 07:39 PM
i just want the pats to play baltimore. i'm not worried about any other team than NE to be honest. bring any of em on

Atlanta Dan
01-02-2011, 07:41 PM
i just want the pats to play baltimore. i'm not worried about any other team than NE to be honest. bring any of em on

:iagree:

jizzballz
01-02-2011, 07:44 PM

you will be suprised by how jamaal charles runs all over them next week, the chiefs will win the wildcard, but then get owned in the divisionals.

SteelKnight
01-02-2011, 08:00 PM

Because the Chiefs will not beat Baltimore...that's why.

steelerohio
01-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Hey... any given Sunday...

SteelKnight
01-02-2011, 08:02 PM
I guess it is good the jets game is first. That way if the Colts win, I will root for the Ravens over the Chiefs.

steelerchad
01-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Jets-Colts are Saturday. If Jets win, I'm a Chiefs fan on Sunday. If Colts win, I'll be hoping the Ravens win as sick as that will make me. I give the Ravens a 40% chance of going to Foxboro and stealing a win.

Raw Steel
01-02-2011, 08:12 PM
I think omitting KC is a mistake. They played like crap today, but they are a solid football team and could easily beat the Ravens at home.

With that said, I would rather face KC, Indy and Ravens in that order. The Ravens turns into a crapshoot because that game always is. KC runs the ball which plays right into our defense. The Colts are not a great team but they do have #18 and that's always a danger.

Honestly, this Super Bowl run is going to come down to us beating New England on the road. With apologies to the other teams, they won't beat us with a week off. The Pats are the target and that's not such a good thing. They have owned us over the years. The good news is we played them once already and that will help us more than them.

The Lakelander
01-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Because the Chiefs will not beat Baltimore...that's why.

I got news for you ... Kansas City is one of the loudest stadiums in the league ... and that crowd hasn't sniffed a home playoff game in years ... that crowd will be sick!

:chuckle:

The Lakelander
01-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Honestly, this Super Bowl run is going to come down to us beating New England on the road. With apologies to the other teams, they won't beat us with a week off. The Pats are the target and that's not such a good thing. They have owned us over the years. The good news is we played them once already and that will help us more than them.

Didn't we play them without Aaron Smith and Brett Kiesel too?

I know for sure Smith was out ...

Harrison was dinged that game as well.

We weren't 100% on defense!

Fire Arians
01-02-2011, 08:18 PM
I got news for you ... Kansas City is one of the loudest stadiums in the league ... and that crowd hasn't sniffed a home playoff game in years ... that crowd will be sick!

:chuckle:

didn't help em against oakland. also they're quick to boo when things don't go their way early, im sure that affects the team negatively.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Flacco is Flacco in big games, and Manning can pull an Eli at any time. Niether are playing at he top right now.

I think we can beat either one, if we are not going to give the soft underneath quick passes up, give me the Colts.

The Lakelander
01-02-2011, 08:22 PM
didn't help em against oakland. also they're quick to boo when things don't go their way early, im sure that affects the team negatively.

True.

Nobody will be picking the Chiefs over the Rats ... that's for sure!

JCPsteelers
01-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Ravens will be like a 5 point favorite on the road vs the Chiefs.

Stlrs4Life
01-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Don't matter to me.

scsteeler
01-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Does it really matter? If we are going to make the SB we should be ready to take on any opponent!

lionslicer
01-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Manning isn't at his best this year, so I'd rather face the colts and let Baltimore beat the Patriots and play Balitmore in the AFC championship.

steelcity1974
01-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Sets up better for us if we play colts, THEN pats or rats. Would be a tougher road to play rats and pats back to back.

tony hipchest
01-02-2011, 08:56 PM
for some reason the cheifs and jets were left off of this thread. thats quite an assumption thinking both will lose (must not have followed the playoffs recently).

i certainly cant participate in a thread poll so flawed as to make such assumptions. :noidea:

i want the loudmouth jets.

sbsteeler25
01-02-2011, 09:03 PM
We would kill the Colts this year..We look very rested today...

Third Rail
01-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Colts. I'm so sick of the damn Ravens, I want them to choke in the first round. I'm sick and tired of having to go through those pricks to advance, even if we do beat them the majority of the time. I'd rather not be forced to watch John Harbaugh flap his arms and bitch at the officials for 3+ hours.

StainlessStill
01-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Doesn't matter: We handle both of them. If I had to pick, give me Baltimore all day. We got their number & they simply aren't that good. We will out-match them. Bring the Balturds!

huntingteacher
01-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Our offense will perform better against the Ravens next game, and our defense won't allow many points. Manning scares me.

SteelKnight
01-03-2011, 12:19 AM
for some reason the cheifs and jets were left off of this thread. thats quite an assumption thinking both will lose (must not have followed the playoffs recently).

i certainly cant participate in a thread poll so flawed as to make such assumptions. :noidea:

i want the loudmouth jets.

The reason is we can't play the Jets because they are the 6th seed and if they win they will play the Patriots and we will play the winner between Baltimore and the Cheifs. And if you have to ask why the Chiefs aren't on there, there is no explanation I could give you...lol

SteelKnight
01-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Doesn't matter: We handle both of them. If I had to pick, give me Baltimore all day. We got their number & they simply aren't that good. We will out-match them. Bring the Balturds!

I agree because at least with Baltimore, we know we will be in it in the 4th quarter.

tony hipchest
01-03-2011, 12:21 AM
if the jets beat the pats then we can play them.

:coffee:

SteelKnight
01-03-2011, 12:25 AM
I think omitting KC is a mistake. They played like crap today, but they are a solid football team and could easily beat the Ravens at home.

There are 2 reasons why omitting KC is not a mistake.

1. First, they are unlikely to beat Baltimore and I wanted to focus on realistic possibilities...not just the mathematical ones.

2. Having KC would have ruined the poll and provided no information because everyone would have chosen KC.

So then you have a poll with an obvious answer in a situation that isn't even realistic...a garbage poll.

MACH1
01-03-2011, 12:27 AM
There are 2 reasons why omitting KC is not a mistake.

1. First, they are unlikely to beat Baltimore and I wanted to focus on realistic possibilities...not just the mathematical ones.

2. Having KC would have ruined the poll and provided no information because everyone would have chosen KC.

So then you have a poll with an obvious answer in a situation that isn't even realistic...a garbage poll.

It's a garbage poll if you don't include all possibilities!

SteelKnight
01-03-2011, 12:33 AM
if the jets beat the pats then we can play them.

:coffee:

Are you seriously telling me that you didn't understand the question was who do you want to play "next"...as in our first game?

I can't presume we will win the first game. The question was for our one guaranteed playoff game.

Oh boy...

SteelKnight
01-03-2011, 12:34 AM
It's a garbage poll if you don't include all possibilities!

We can agree to disagree on that. My reasoning is sound.

tony hipchest
01-03-2011, 12:37 AM
My reasoning is sound.

i can agree that it is a garbage poll if you dont include all possibilities. the question was 'who do you want" and i want the jets.

the jets werent an option.

if you dont get that then "oh boy" o ye of many assumptions.

just remember the game isnt won on paper or in polls.

LVSteelersfan
01-03-2011, 12:41 AM
The Steelers will take on all takers. I would seriously like to see them in the AFC championship and kick the Pats butts in New England. Maybe I am a glutton for punishment but it is not out of the realm of possibility the Steelers could beat them there.

SteelKnight
01-03-2011, 12:43 AM
i can agree that it is a garbage poll if you dont include all possibilities. the question was 'who do you want" and i want the jets.

the jets werent an option.

if you dont get that then "oh boy" o ye of many assumptions.

just remember the game isnt won on paper or in polls.

The question was "who do you want to play in our playoff game (the one that is guaranteed). I see with some people now that more assistance is needed.

I can't believe you locked the the "I like offense" thread because some of us started talking about our play vs the Patriots. It is totally ridiculous and an abuse of power. Who can I complain to about that?

tony hipchest
01-03-2011, 12:47 AM
The question was "who do you want to play in our playoff game (the one that is guaranteed). I see with some people now that more assistance is needed.

I can't believe you locked the the "I like offense" thread because some of us started talking about our play vs the Patriots. It is totally ridiculous and an abuse of power. Who can I complain to about that?

the board owner and admin Matthew. i dont have a phone number so i would suggest sending a PM.

in the meantime, keep in mind the steelers ARENT playing the patriots in the "NEXT' playoff game, so in the meantime please keep all patriot discussion in the proper forum until it becomes relevant.

thanks for your assistance. :smile:

SteelKnight
01-03-2011, 12:51 AM
the board owner and admin Matthew. i dont have a phone number so i would suggest sending a PM.

in the meantime, keep in mind the steelers ARENT playing the patriots in the "NEXT' playoff game, so in the meantime please keep all patriot discussion in the proper forum until it becomes relevant.

thanks for your assistance. :smile:

The thread wasn't merely about the Patriots. It was a thread about the Steelers offense and the playoffs.

ETL
01-03-2011, 01:17 AM
Sterlknight,

This is an interesting question. And not as simple as you think. If I was just choosing the next round of games, I would want the Chiefs as an opponent. For that to happen, the Jets must win and of course the Chiefs must win too. But that will give us an easy divisional game as well as an easy divisional game for the Pats too, as they will easily crush the Jets. That means that we will most likely play in Foxboro the following week.

If I am thinking more big picture, the Steelers have a better chance of going to the Super Bowl if someone knocks off the Pats and of the three teams that the Pats could face, the Ravens have the best chance of knocking out the Pats. So while the Colts are a harder bunch to beat than the Chiefs, I would rather face them so that the Ravens can have a chance to knock out the Pats and ultimately give us a better chance of going to the Super Bowl.

tony hipchest
01-03-2011, 01:31 AM
The thread wasn't merely about the Patriots. It was a thread about the Steelers offense and the playoffs.

you are such a holy saint, now arent cha?

Belicheat is classless, arrogant, disgusting, toad. Actually it's probably an insult to toads to compare them to Belicheat. Bruschi is one on the many reasons I won't watch NFL live

Yeah, I hate Brady too but we need a solid victory over him before we can talk too much shit. If he gets injured, a la Carson Palmer in 05/06, it will just give his fans an excuse as to why we win the game.

I'd not only love to see someone on the Steelers knocking the shit out of Brady, but better yet knock him into Belliprick and take them both out on the same play.

He wasn't so great in Cleveland but has found a system of cheating that unfortunately produces because of it and an owner that has either his finger up his nose or his ass and allows it. Tainted Lombardi's.

He's an ugly person. Can't wait until the day when he's not part of the NFL.

Bruschi too. Nothing worse than watching NFL Live and hearing him preach the Patriot way. It's all a ****ing joke.

LOL. I wouldn't say that. He is a great mind but I said I wouldn't be surprised if he was found to be doing drugs...dull affect.

I just hope Belliprick will shake Tomlin's hand if this plays out. There is something about him that gives me the creeps, so him being a racist wouldn't at all be a surprise to me.

I hate those ****ers!

I'd rather see Woodley or Silverback break one of Brady's legs.

That's what you are going to need to beat the Patriots...points.

does this sound like a ****ing steelers offensive discussion to you? :coffee:

the majority of steelers nation dont want the main steelers forums clogged with patriots talk, and i will do my best to not allow it to happen here until we are facing them in the championship game.

i have listened to you dog steelerfever's NFL forum long enough, but that is what it is there for. take all of your patriot's topics there and if they are deemed worthy of a discussion, you will have followers and wont have to worry about mods bugging you for off topic discussions. in the meantime, feel free to contact the board admin if you disagree with the moderation and dont drag personal gripes into other threads. :cool:

Quasar
01-03-2011, 01:57 AM
I don't care who we play. To BE the best, we've got to BEAT the best. Has everyone forgotten 2005-06, when we were the #6 seed and won the Super Bowl?

ricardisimo
01-03-2011, 02:12 AM
Aside from all of the pollster's shenanigans (you may not know it, but Steelknight worked for the Bush camp in Florida 2000) I'm stunned that so many people would prefer to see us play the Colts. Ben owns the Ravens. :noidea:

saveus1011
01-03-2011, 02:15 AM
Give me New England. That's all I want.

THE BIG PAYBACK

SteelKnight
01-03-2011, 03:23 AM
you are such a holy saint, now arent cha?

I am a nice guy and get along with most of the board members that are not looking for trouble.

On the quotes...So what? First, I'd like to point out that most of those quotes were not me (for anyone who is confused). The main point of the thread was not that. I should know. I was the OP. That turned out to be what some of the fans were talking about. Nobody can control that or should be obsessed with controlling that.

If you take the quotes in context, people were talking about the STEELERS interaction with the Patriots, that they would like to beat them, what it would take to beat them...why? Because we were talking about offense and the Patriots are the top team in the AFC.

Are you saying you believe I intended the thread to simply be about the Patriots?

Even if people wanted to talk about how the #2 seed Steelers match up against the #1 seed Patriots, they should be able to do so.

Still, that thread was about the concept of offense and how important it is to put points up now that it is playoff time and not depend on the defense and hope to win with 13 or 17 points. The reason the Patriots came up is because they scored at least 31 in 11 of their games including their last 8 so it emphasizes that we need to put up points.

SteelKnight
01-03-2011, 03:25 AM
Give me New England. That's all I want.

THE BIG PAYBACK

Don't mention that before Tony gets confused and locks the thread.:coffee:

SteelKnight
01-03-2011, 03:35 AM
The Steelers will take on all takers. I would seriously like to see them in the AFC championship and kick the Pats butts in New England. Maybe I am a glutton for punishment but it is not out of the realm of possibility the Steelers could beat them there.

Be careful about mentioning the Pats...one of the moderators reads this and doesn't like us to mention them.

That said, I don't mind facing our music in the Championship game when the time comes. I'm scared but it is OK. I like that to be the best you must beat the best.

For the divisional game, which is what this thread is about, I really want the easiest team.

SacknificentStew56
01-03-2011, 05:04 AM
After that beatdown we suffered against the Cheatriots and Bill BelliCHUMP, I want to see us go to Foxboro and get a little revenge for them beating us on our field and to silence all these Brady and Company lovin' critics. We all saw what the Ratbirds did to NE in the playoffs and how sweet it would be to smash the Ratbirds again enroute to Dallas. But it would be even sweeter for us to add a loss to Tom Gay-dy's record against us in the playoffs. As the old adage goes, to be the best you gotta beat the best and right now from the league stand point with their record, they are the number one seed. I get tired of seeing the "I want the Ravens to beat the Cheats for us" posts. Even i've said it before. We need to do the job and play road warriors if we have to go to Foxboro and keep our tail from being tucked between our legs.

Rick5895
01-03-2011, 08:06 AM
I checked the Colts but i would rather play the Chiefs and let the Jets go and and injure Brady. I would love a rematch with either the Jets or Cheats in the AFC title game.

cloppbeast
01-03-2011, 08:45 AM
I'd rather play the Chiefs.

Given the choice between the Ravens and Colts, I'd prefer the Colts. They're decimated by injuries, especially at WR, which kind of makes Peyton look ordinary. The Ravens already beat us at home this year.

grward
01-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Unless we beat the Pats in the AFC Championship game we will always have that monkey on our backs. We need to go to THEIR house and take care of business. I agree with Saveus1011, bring on the Cheats.

As for the poll, I voted to play the Colts. There's just something about the Ravens games and how we attack each other in the most brutal ways. Those games are not for the weak. I think the Colts will have less impact on the health of our team.

plenewken
01-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Where are the Chiefs and the Jets in the poll? As far as I know, anyone can be anyone any given day, especially in the playoffs. Remember us being #6 in the 2008?

TRH
01-03-2011, 10:01 AM
a win against Baltimore would definitely be more satisfactory as it might shut some of their "running mouths" once and for all this year.

TRH
01-03-2011, 10:09 AM
well, after watching about 6 hours of commentary between last night and today, apparently the playoffs and the Super Bowl has already been won by the Patriots, so it doesn't matter.

pete74
01-03-2011, 12:10 PM
i just want to play the Patriots for our 2nd game. everyone says that we cant beat them but the past is the past and every game is a new one. i think we can switch up our gameplan and shut Brady down. i really want another shot to beat the Pats more then anything. once we beat them it wont matter who we play in the superbowl, we will crush them

steelerdave1969
01-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Well the playoffs are set and it looks to me like we will most likely meet the Indianapolis Colts in my opinion. I look forward to the challenge of facing the them myself. But if the Jets pull the upset it Doesnt matter to me who wins with Ravens and Chiefs, but there is no way that I even think that Ravens-Chiefs
game will be close. The Ravens should rout them, the game should be over by the end of the 3rd quarter at the latest. 2nd Round Matchups look like this to
me in the AFC
Indianapolis Colts -vs- Pittsburgh Steelers
and
Baltimore Ravens -vs- New England Patriots
and in the NFC
New Orleans Saints -vs- Atlanta Falcons
and
Philadelphia Eagles -vs- Chicago Bears

pete74
01-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Well the playoffs are set and it looks to me like we will most likely meet the Indianapolis Colts in my opinion. I look forward to the challenge of facing the them myself. But if the Jets pull the upset it Doesnt matter to me who wins with Ravens and Chiefs, but there is no way that I even think that Ravens-Chiefs
game will be close. The Ravens should rout them, the game should be over by the end of the 3rd quarter at the latest. 2nd Round Matchups look like this to
me in the AFC
Indianapolis Colts -vs- Pittsburgh Steelers
and
Baltimore Ravens -vs- New England Patriots
and in the NFC
New Orleans Saints -vs- Atlanta Falcons
and
Philadelphia Eagles -vs- Chicago Bears

i have a feeling the Chiefs will pull an upset and win but i definatly wouldnt mind if it happens the way you put it. the Colts are a mediocre team and we can beat them. the Pats will probably beat the Ravens but the Ravens will beat them up so there nice and soft for us the following week

SteelKnight
01-03-2011, 02:01 PM
I'd rather play the Chiefs.

Given the choice between the Ravens and Colts, I'd prefer the Colts. They're decimated by injuries, especially at WR, which kind of makes Peyton look ordinary. The Ravens already beat us at home this year.

Peyton still has Wayne and Garcon. Even without Clark and Colie, he can still be pretty good.

jizzballz
01-03-2011, 06:27 PM

With that said, I would rather face KC, Indy and Ravens in that order. The Ravens turns into a crapshoot because that game always is. KC runs the ball which plays right into our defense. The Colts are not a great team but they do have #18 and that's always a danger.

peyton manning > our secondary, you have to like mannings chances, but our secondary is actually worse than 2005 and 2008's when we faced him, i would keep changing my mind on gameday but because he's a choker we would probably win

StainlessStill
01-03-2011, 06:50 PM
peyton manning > our secondary, you have to like mannings chances, but our secondary is actually worse than 2005 and 2008's when we faced him, i would keep changing my mind on gameday but because he's a choker we would probably win

Welcome K.C fan. I've been saying pretty much all season that it's a team like K.C that is one of the few teams that scare me in playoff ball (Jacksonville was the other one.) Out of all the teams that is equipped to play spoiler, it's the Chiefs. Playing in the new Arrowhead Stadium with playoff implications could get into the minds of a team like Baltimore, who I think isn't nearly as good as their record indicates. K.C has a great chance at knocking off Baltimore in the Wild Card round. It's going to Foxborough is what's on everyone's mind at this point.

SteelKnight
01-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Welcome K.C fan. I've been saying pretty much all season that it's a team like K.C that is one of the few teams that scare me in playoff ball (Jacksonville was the other one.) Out of all the teams that is equipped to play spoiler, it's the Chiefs. Playing in the new Arrowhead Stadium with playoff implications could get into the minds of a team like Baltimore, who I think isn't nearly as good as their record indicates. K.C has a great chance at knocking off Baltimore in the Wild Card round. It's going to Foxborough is what's on everyone's mind at this point.

Playing in Arrowhead didn't help them last week against the dominant Raiders...lol

steelerohio
01-03-2011, 09:49 PM
i agree that this is a garbage poll...

and i do hope the Chiefs pull an upset...

and if they do i will :rofl: :sofunny:

finesward
01-03-2011, 10:24 PM
This is what I want to see happen:

Colts lose to Jets

Chiefs beat Ravens, but Ravens beat the shit out of them softening them up for us to devour them whole

Jets return the favor and beat NE, but lose Sanchez on the winning TD throw

Jets come limping to Heinz field where we avenge our loss earlier this year. That was probably the game I hated to lose the most this year.

Steelers play the seahawks again in the sup bowl and win by poor officiating further incensing seattle fans :sofunny:

jizzballz
01-04-2011, 07:04 AM

thanks for the welcome but im not a chief fan, im just a big jamaal charles fan, who is just too good this season, easily better than mendenhall his average is just sex on stats.

StainlessStill
01-04-2011, 07:56 AM
thanks for the welcome but im not a chief fan, im just a big jamaal charles fan, who is just too good this season, easily better than mendenhall his average is just sex on stats.

I like Charle's style but when it's all said and done, Mendy will be the more complete back. Also, if it comes down to it & if K.C thinks they are going to beat us with Jamaal Charles than that's all she wrote. If and when Aaron Smith comes back, noone will gain more than 50 yards on us on the ground and no way, no how Cassel beats us one dimensional. If we were playing in Arrowhead then I could see K.C giving us a major problem, but at Heinz I say we'd crush but I like the Chefs chances against Balty @ home.

pete74
01-04-2011, 08:33 AM
I like Charle's style but when it's all said and done, Mendy will be the more complete back. Also, if it comes down to it & if K.C thinks they are going to beat us with Jamaal Charles than that's all she wrote. If and when Aaron Smith comes back, noone will gain more than 50 yards on us on the ground and no way, no how Cassel beats us one dimensional. If we were playing in Arrowhead then I could see K.C giving us a major problem, but at Heinz I say we'd crush but I like the Chefs chances against Balty @ home.

i disagree. i think Carles is a better rb then Mendy. Charles has almost 100 fewer carries then Mendy but still has almost 200 more yards. he also has more then double the passing yards. Charles 6.4ypc is sick and nobody can say its his offensive line because T Jones had more carries then Charles this season but didnt do half as well

Thomas Jones- 245 carries 896 yards 3.7ypc
Jamaal Charles- 230 carries 1467 yards 6.4ypc

i personally consider Charles as the best rb in the nfl and if he would of got the 358 carries that Chris Johnson got last season he would of ended up with over 2200 yards rushing. the only thing i dont understand about the Chiefs is why they dont use him more. he is doing much better then T Jones. He was one of the biggest steals in the 3rd round of the 2008 draft. he is very underused and the coaches should be smart enough to start using him more because he is averaging a sick 6 yards a carry thru his 3 years

with that said, i think the steelers will completly shut him down if we end up playing the Chiefs. as good as he is no rb is cutting thru our line for 100+ yards

FanSince72
01-04-2011, 09:57 AM
I really don't care either way but since you asked, I'd like to play the Colts because Manning is another guy who can't play worth a damn if he's rushed or forced to improvise and I think our "D" can easily get to him.

Hayeksheroes
01-04-2011, 10:33 AM
I think the Steelers match well against any team but the patriots. The best team to beat the patriots would be the Colts which came within a field goal of winning. So I'd like the colts to play the pats and steelers to play the ravens.

ricardisimo
01-04-2011, 03:03 PM
I'll say it again: If we can't beat the Patriots we don't belong in the Super Bowl. If they are the best team, then they should go and win it. Why is everyone hoping to avoid them?

jacksolomon
01-04-2011, 03:09 PM
I'd like the colts to play the pats and steelers to play the ravens.

Won't happen. The Ravens are the lower seed.

SteelKnight
01-04-2011, 07:49 PM
This is what I want to see happen:

Colts lose to Jets

Chiefs beat Ravens, but Ravens beat the shit out of them softening them up for us to devour them whole

Jets return the favor and beat NE, but lose Sanchez on the winning TD throw

Jets come limping to Heinz field where we avenge our loss earlier this year. That was probably the game I hated to lose the most this year.

Steelers play the seahawks again in the sup bowl and win by poor officiating further incensing seattle fans :sofunny:

Sounds good. Surprisingly, the Jets loss didn't bother me. I felt good after that game...especially since we almost made the comeback. I was thinking "good game...you can't win 'em all".

I think the game that hurt me the most was the first Ravens game. I think I was sad for about 2 weeks. How it happened...

The Saints and Patriots losses...no shock.

If the Jets win I will root for the Chiefs. If the Colts win, I will root for Baltimore.
I STILL haven't decided who I want to win the Colts Jets game.

SteelKnight
01-04-2011, 07:53 PM
i disagree. i think Carles is a better rb then Mendy.

Keep in mind the Chiefs had an easier schedule.

pete74
01-05-2011, 05:58 AM
Keep in mind the Chiefs had an easier schedule.

i agree, he definatly played weaker teams. i just have a very hard time beliving that any rb is better then Charles. i watched him play a few times and its just insane how easy he makes it look.

SteelKnight
01-08-2011, 03:23 AM
You guys overwhelmingly picked the Colts so today is the day.

I'm STILL undecided. I still think playing Baltimore plays to our advantage. I think I may root for the Jets. If the Jets win, there is still a chance the Chiefs could upset Baltimore.

That's it...go Jets. I don't want to face Manning. I've decided. Being able to score on the Ravens D is good practice for the Pats the following week where we will need to score.

SteelKnight
01-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Rooting for Jets!!!

SteelKnight
01-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Yea!

We know the Ravens...not scared. Maybe the chiefs even pull the upset