PDA

View Full Version : Look into your crystal ball.......

clevestinks
04-16-2006, 06:22 PM
and what would you want to see in the future for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Remember the crystal ball only looks out a year into the future.

I want to see if Staley is able to stay healthy. And I want to know this before the draft. Some much of our immediate future could depend on Staleys health.

desertsteel
04-16-2006, 08:31 PM
and what would you want to see in the future for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Remember the crystal ball only looks out a year into the future.

I want to see if Staley is able to stay healthy. And I want to know this before the draft. Some much of our immediate future could depend on Staleys health.

I see Duce used sparingly for the first 8 games with the hopes that he can contribute down the stretch. I see a mudder being taken in round 4. I see another Super Bowl!!!!

Koopa
04-16-2006, 08:45 PM
i see duce showing all his doubters/haters that the only reason he was in street close a lot last year was just to let bettis get his carries, and i see him proving he is the best back we have on the roster and takin the job from willie mid way through the season casue once again willie shows he ain't a every down back and can't do a thing against good defenses

i see us playing the panters in the superbowl and i see us winning and i see that this time ppl don't have an excues for the reason we won

Midnightwriter1
04-16-2006, 09:30 PM
I think Staley will HAVE to be a very important piece of our team for us to go to SuperBowl again.

SteelerSal
04-16-2006, 09:56 PM
i see duce showing all his doubters/haters that the only reason he was in street close a lot last year was just to let bettis get his carries, and i see him proving he is the best back we have on the roster and takin the job from willie mid way through the season casue once again willie shows he ain't a every down back and can't do a thing against good defenses

i see us playing the panters in the superbowl and i see us winning and i see that this time ppl don't have an excues for the reason we won

Dang Koopa, why are you so hard on Willie? I hope the opposite happens and Willie proves that he wasn't just a flash in the pan. He will have a year of experience, (which he played more games last season than all of college), under his belt and hopefully he'll use this offseason to bulk up and add 10 more pounds. Duce, IMO, will play a big part and split time with Willie, to wear down defenses, late in the games. ( Smahmouth as we know and love!!)
I also see Ben's ypg average at about 220. We will show a duel threat of both the running and passing game and avg. 29 points per game. We will need to do this, early in the season especially, because our defense might struggle, early on.
I see us finishing 13-3 or 12-4 providing that we don't suffer any injuries in the key positions.

Koopa
04-16-2006, 10:16 PM
Dang Koopa, why are you so hard on Willie? I hope the opposite happens and Willie proves that he wasn't just a flash in the pan. He will have a year of experience, (which he played more games last season than all of college), under his belt and hopefully he'll use this offseason to bulk up and add 10 more pounds. Duce, IMO, will play a big part and split time with Willie, to wear down defenses, late in the games. ( Smahmouth as we know and love!!)
I also see Ben's ypg average at about 220. We will show a duel threat of both the running and passing game and avg. 29 points per game. We will need to do this, early in the season especially, because our defense might struggle, early on.
I see us finishing 13-3 or 12-4 providing that we don't suffer any injuries in the key positions.

i don't really know why i'm so hard on him, i guess it's because he hasn't shown me that he can be a feature back, he's only proven he can't, by struggling everytime he played a team that had a run defense that was worth a damn, i don't buy into these long runs, haynes could've got that 75 yard dash the way the defense fell apart on that play in the superbowl.........i do hope he can prove me wrong, however, i just don't see it happening

SteelerSal
04-16-2006, 10:46 PM
i don't really know why i'm so hard on him, i guess it's because he hasn't shown me that he can be a feature back, he's only proven he can't, by struggling everytime he played a team that had a run defense that was worth a damn, i don't buy into these long runs, haynes could've got that 75 yard dash the way the defense fell apart on that play in the superbowl.........i do hope he can prove me wrong, however, i just don't see it happening

Time will tell and I hope your wrong, for all of our sake.:hope:

Koopa
04-16-2006, 10:50 PM
Time will tell and I hope your wrong, for all of our sake.:hope:

well if i ain't wrong it won't hurt us much, we won the superbowl the way he is now, and it's not like we have a lot of money invested in him if he i'm right

pucho58
04-17-2006, 06:32 AM

I feel the same way. I feel that he is going to struggle next season and duce might be the better back.

Suitanim
04-17-2006, 07:53 AM
You know, Barry Sanders ran the same way as Willie Parker...he'd run the ball 7 times for 12 yards, then bust off a 55 yarder for a TD. In the end, the results end up just about the same.

I'd like to see us at 50/50 passing/running, and the defense #1 in the league. I think those two goals accomplished will find us winning SB XLI in Miami next January.

SteelerSal
04-17-2006, 08:25 AM
Suitinam said, "You know, Barry Sanders ran the same way as Willie Parker...he'd run the ball 7 times for 12 yards, then bust off a 55 yarder for a TD. In the end, the results end up just about the same."

Exactly, everyone here is used to our past back (Bettis) getting 3-4 yards, every touch. Willie is a different style back, that we need to get used to if he is our feature back. I tell you Parker is more of a threat, on first and second down, to open up the playbook on middle and outside screens, that Bettis never really was.
Try and stack 8 in the box to stop Willie, get suckered in, on playaction, hit FWP on a screen, and watch him light up the opposing secondary, next season.

Haiku_Dirtt
04-17-2006, 04:36 PM

I don't hate Duce. Nothing would make me happier than to see Duce get even 800 yards on the ground and 100 receiving. When you wish upon a star...

Okay. Crystal ball. We'll get a linebacker and a receiver in the fourth and fifth round who will become starters by 2008 :cool:

clevestinks
04-17-2006, 07:07 PM

I hope your right about Staley playing so well. But I`m not sold on Willie sitting just yet.