PDA

View Full Version : Whiz has worn out his welcome in Phoneix

mesaSteeler
01-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Wow the Cardinal fans are really up in arms. Here are some of the comments they posted during today's game. I did not write any of them. They were posted in the Arizona Republic.

Can someone tell me what Ken Whisenhunt does right or does well? I am not cracking wise, I would really like to know.

I don't see where he is capable of designing an offense or calling the offensive plays during a game, he is not a good judge of talent, he cannot motivate his players or get them ready to play.

With regards to coaching an NFL team, what in the hell is it that he CAN do ?

FIRST OF ALL WE NEED A HEAD COACH AND AN OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR AND THEN WE CAN LOOK FOR A QUARTERBACK.

The Steelers did not select Whiz to be their head coach. They saw flaws in him. Then he lands in Arizona, with Kurt Warner, who attracts Todd Haley to come here, and Whiz became the hero leading us out of the Dark Ages. NOT! It was Warner and Haley, and now we're paying for our mistake.
Guys I have to say this...! We need a new GM and head football coach. The Warner glory years are over, and the culture has seeped back. Whiz can't win his way out of a paper bag, and his lack of accountability to players and his own decisions make him a horrible head coach.
What a bunch of quitters today! They may as well be playing for Buddy Ryan or Vince Tobin.

Whuz must be run out of town tonight. When was there a single display of actual coaching? He is the worst of all time at selecting talent...Hall? Please.

I've been telling people for a long time that the Wizenator was gravy-training off Warner, the players drafted before he came and the coordinators he drove off with his arrogance!!!!! He's the worst head coach in football at any level!!!! I'd say the worst coach period, but then there's Grimm!!!!!

Yes, there's hope for the future, but only if Whizenator and his whole staff of overpaid losers are fired and fired tomorrow!!! Also, fire those KTAR buttboys who pressured the team into extending the contract of an obviously deficient head coach!
For any of you that still support Whisenhunt and want to keep him another year I just have One Simple Question. WHY? What has he done with this team to make it better-Or even Competitve in the WORST Division of the NFL? We got the S.not beat out of us by a Rudderless Coachless SixtyNiner Team and also got the Poop beat out of us by Carolina. Instead of seeing some...Correction Any......Improvement we are going intop the Abyss. All this guy is Good at is Blaming Players. Not himself.
Don't let him get away with it.....................

There are pages of stuff like this posted. I think I ran across one post in support of Whiz. Poor Whiz, I feel sorry for him. He now knows that Arizona is where coaches come to be fired. - mesa

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2011/01/02/20110102arizona-cardinals-san-francisco-49ers-season-finale.html#comments#ixzz19wAXRx9G

GMU Steeler
01-02-2011, 09:34 PM
And to think that I thought AZ had turned a corner with him at HC. It's not his fault that Warner retired or that Dansy left in FA but I feel as I did four years ago that we made the right decision hiring Coach Tomlin over Whisenhunt. Nothing personal against Whiz but it was the right move if you ask me.

Raw Steel
01-02-2011, 10:48 PM
I heard Kurt Warner talk about the SB team on ESPN Radio. He admitted the team wasn't that good. They just got hot at the right time. I believe they were 9-7 in the regular season. Whiz will be on the chopping block during the 2011 season. He has to win early next season.

lionslicer
01-02-2011, 11:28 PM
The guy takes you to the Superbowl.. actually wins a playoff game since like forever, and they want to give him the boot after a few bad seasons.

SH-Rock
01-03-2011, 06:02 AM
Well he did make some bad moves with booting Leinart before the season started and also taking out a veteran WR.

TRH
01-03-2011, 07:45 AM
Not to be a bandwagon jumper because they suck right now....but we REALLY did make the best choice hiring Tomlin over Whiz, no question

MDSteel15
01-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Well he did make some bad moves with booting Leinart before the season started and also taking out a veteran WR.

I don't think it was a mistake, it was just a little late, because Leinart is a joke! :hatsoff:

jizzballz
01-03-2011, 12:32 PM
he let antrel rolle go, he doesnt deserve to live if i was a cardinals fan, who lets go of rolle, dansby and trades boldin away, its winzenhunts fault that boldin wanted to go, he ****ed the team up, he was always overrated.

Fire Haley
01-03-2011, 12:33 PM
I guess 'Steelers West' didn't work out so well.

so glad we didn't hire The Whiz - how stupid do you have to be to think Derek Anderson is your QB of the future.

Joey Porter redux was a flop too.

MasterOfPuppets
01-03-2011, 01:21 PM
suck it up tardnal fans. whiz ain't goin no where for awhile. the bidwells are cheap bastards , no way they eat his contract. i used to feel sorry for their fans and was happy they finally got out of the cellar... that all changed after the way they acted after the SB...

Ken Whisenhunt has accomplished a lot of firsts in three years as coach of the Arizona Cardinals, winning consecutive division titles and appearing in a Super Bowl.

He established another milestone this week, becoming the first coach in the team's Arizona history to sign a second contract. The remaining two years on Whisenhunt's original contract were torn up and replaced by a four-year deal with a team option for a fifth season.

The team also announced that General Manager Rod Graves, whose contract had expired, signed a four-year deal.

Whisenhunt now is among the NFL's higher-paid head coaches, according to sources. The Cardinals did not announce financial terms of the two contracts, but Whisenhunt's deal will pay him an average of between $5.5 million and $6 million per year, according to an NFL source.

"I'm very honored that I would even be considered for this," Whisenhunt said.

Whisenhunt didn't seek the new contract, but his agent, Eric Metz, was approached this off-season by team President Michael Bidwill.

"What the team has accomplished in his three seasons as head coach is a testament to the talent and hard work of Ken and his assistant coaches," Bidwill said in a statement. "We couldn't be more excited that both Rod and Ken will continue to lead the team for the foreseeable future and build upon the foundation that they helped establish."

Under Whisenhunt, the Cardinals have gone 8-8, 9-7 and 10-6 and won the NFC West the past two years. Whisenhunt, 31-23 overall, is the first coach in team history with a .500 record or better in each of his first three seasons.

In the 2008 season, the Cardinals advanced to the Super Bowl, which they lost in the final seconds to the Steelers.

The Cardinals have also gone 4-2 in the playoffs under Whisenhunt after winning one playoff game since 1947.

It wasn't a given, however, that Whisenhunt would receive a new contract this off-season. He was believed to be making between $2.5 million and $3.5 million under his old contract, but receiving a pay increase wasn't the only issue in negotiations over a new deal.

Whisenhunt long has desired an indoor practice field at the team's Tempe facility, and he wanted some changes in the way the Cardinals conduct football business, such as final say over the roster.

Bidwill apparently agreed to most of Whisenhunt's requests, although construction of the indoor facility isn't likely to begin until the economy improves and the NFL settles its labor dispute.

Whisenhunt declined comment on those issues and gave credit to owner Bill Bidwill and Michael Bidwill for giving him a new contract.

"It speaks volumes to what we're trying to get done," Whisenhunt said. "In the three years Rod and I have worked together, we've come a long way as far as building a team.

"We're a point now where it's about our system, how we draft, how we evaluate players, and we have a great coaching staff in here."

Whisenhunt, who turns 48 on Sunday, came to Arizona after spending six years with the Steelers, the last three as offensive coordinator. He said he was grateful for the Cardinals job because "it's not always easy to give a chance to a young guy who has never had a head-coaching job before."

Graves' previous contract started in 2007, the day the club fired coach Dennis Green after three seasons. Graves is entering his 14th season with the organization, starting in 1997 as assistant to the president. Graves began running the team's football operations in 2003.

The announcement Thursday "also shows the commitment Michael Bidwill has to making sure we stay a playoff contender," Graves said.

When asked if it was gratifying to see the franchise reach the point, Graves smiled and said, "it sure beats the alternative."

The new contracts come at a key time for the Cardinals, who are expected to mail season-ticket renewals soon. Whisenhunt is immensely popular among fans, and his new contract might motivate some to buy seats for 2010.

"Expectations are high now," Whisenhunt said. "People were upset this year that we didn't go back to the Super Bowl, and obviously that's the way it should be."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2010/02/25/20100225-ken-whisenhunt-rod-graves.html#ixzz1A09zPdF8

Atlanta Dan
01-03-2011, 01:31 PM
The guy takes you to the Superbowl.. actually wins a playoff game since like forever, and they want to give him the boot after a few bad seasons.

Yep - as Jerry Glanville once said, NFL actually means Not For Long - lots of fans were screaming for Cowher's head after he missed the playoffs from 1998 -2000 after 6 straight playoff appearances, a SB appearance, and 3 AFC championship games in his first 6 seasons (and lots of owners would have canned Cowher at that point)

lionslicer
01-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Yep - as Jerry Glanville once said, NFL actually means Not For Long - lots of fans were screaming for Cowher's head after he missed the playoffs from 1998 -2000 after 6 straight playoff appearances, a SB appearance, and 3 AFC championship games in his first 6 seasons (and lots of owners would have canned Cowher at that point)

Eagles haven't missed the playoffs 2 consecutive years under Reid, and philly fans still want him canned because he can't win the superbowl. (if he coached for the bucs, 49ers or cowboys he'd be fired already)
Tom Landy had 2 medicore seasons and a bad one, fired after 20 straight winning seasons.
Holmgren brings the Seahawks to life who hadn't made the playoffs for more than a decade. 5 straight playoff seasons and a superbowl, he has 1 bad season, they can him, (though I think it has something to do with him wanting a lot of power but he deserved it)
Jim Mora comes in the next year, has a bad season, but he's in the building process, canned right after the season.
Packers can Sherman after 4 straight playoff appearances, but a bad season, mostly Favre's fault (29 interceptions) he's fired.

The list goes on of owners since the late 80's to now who fire coaches too quickly. I think since 1994 there have been like 74-80 head coaching changes. Probably more.