PDA

View Full Version : Troy looked good today

sbsteeler25
01-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Did not notice any limp...Has A Smith started to practice?

OX1947
01-02-2011, 11:00 PM
I wonder if it was enough to win DOPY?

MikeHaullace
01-02-2011, 11:08 PM
I wonder if it was enough to win DOPY?

Dyslexics of the world untie! :wink02:

PhantomJB93
01-02-2011, 11:29 PM
I dont know if it was enough to win DPOY, I mean his impact on the game is undeniable but a certain defensive back in Baltimore is leading the NFL in interceptions and didn't even play the first half of the season, that always looks better in the stat sheet and we all know how much everybody cares about stats nowadays.

Troy still has my vote for DPOY though, of course.

jjpro11
01-02-2011, 11:31 PM
I dont know if it was enough to win DPOY, I mean his impact on the game is undeniable but a certain defensive back in Baltimore is leading the NFL in interceptions and didn't even play the first half of the season, that always looks better in the stat sheet and we all know how much everybody cares about stats nowadays.

Troy still has my vote for DPOY though, of course.

he was also nowhere to be seen in their biggest game of the year vs the Steelers.. Troy on the other hand made the play that basically won us the division.

Steel_Bus_24
01-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Yeah I thought Troy looked rejuvenated a bit...hope the bye gets him close to 100

Hope we can bring the same type of killer instinct on O into the playoffs..........was really nice to see us getting a quick score after their mistake and smacking them in the mouth early

VegasStlrFan
01-02-2011, 11:42 PM
As far as DPOY, stats may be against him, but he has been undeniably the biggest game changer on the defensive side of the ball this year. I have not heard of any other player being close. I hope the stats aren't the final say.

Just curious, Who got the most pro bowl votes as a defensive player?

lionslicer
01-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Did not notice any limp...Has A Smith started to practice?

I suspect he's been practicing lightly. As in he runs through the plays like at 50% so he gets the jist of the plays and such so he's prepared. I'm sure he'll start practicing at full speed, but still protecting his arm, then next week he'll start going full strength. They want him as close to 100% for the playoff game, not 70 or 80%

lionslicer
01-03-2011, 12:04 AM
As far as DPOY, stats may be against him, but he has been undeniably the biggest game changer on the defensive side of the ball this year. I have not heard of any other player being close. I hope the stats aren't the final say.

Just curious, Who got the most pro bowl votes as a defensive player?

Good question...
Troy Polamalu leads the NFL in defensive player voting for the pro bowl.

Stat wise he's fine..
7 ints
1 def touch
11 pass def
68 tackles 49 solo
1 forced fumble

The thing that will kill him is the lack of forced fumbles and tackles, but it isn't about stats, its about when you get those stats and your effect on the game.

SacknificentStew56
01-03-2011, 05:11 AM
He was good enough to dive over the Stains O line, then I say he's pretty healthy and the bye week should make it even better. I can truly say this is the only time that I love when they have a week off.

pete74
01-03-2011, 05:57 AM
Troy deserves the MVP. he dosnt have the best stats but i cant think of a single defensive player who is more important to his team then troy. as for smith, i hope he is ready for our game in 2 weeks. if he wont be then we need to put him on IR right now and pick up another player so we can get him ready. i really hope Smith plays and is 100% or close because we will need him. Im one of the few members here who belive there is no drop off whatsoever from Smith to Hood but it would be awesome to have Smith back and start the rotation on our defensive line again

theplatypus
01-03-2011, 06:18 AM
Has A Smith started to practice?

I just read in one of the feedrobot threads that Smith probably won't be ready for the 1st playoff game.

BGSU A Dub
01-03-2011, 07:05 AM
Troy did not look good, he looked great. If he is not the defensive player of the year, I will be very shocked as he has been the most complete player on defense this year in the NFL (based on statistics and intangibles). He brings something to the defense that makes the Steeler defense the Defense of the Year.