PDA

View Full Version : Direction with the 1st Pick = Direction with the pass/rush ratio

desertsteel
04-16-2006, 08:36 PM
I think the direction with the 1st Pick will equal the direction with the pass/rush ratio... IF a skill position player is taken.

If we take a RB or a WR with the first pick, based on what direction you would like the Steelers to go in 2006, what would be your choice?

Stlrs4Life
04-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Go with what is working. Running the ball. I rememember what happened the last time we tried airing it out and what happened.

SteelShooter
04-17-2006, 12:44 AM
As much as I love watching the passing game, especially now that Ben is really starting to find his passing groove, I would still have to give stronger support to finding a tough, mudder-type running back. That is when we perform the best. When we wear them down with the run, keep their defense on the field and tire them out....THEN air ir out a little to back them off, then start running some more........then comes the gadget play.

I LOVE THAT!

desertsteel
04-17-2006, 05:58 AM
Go with what is working. Running the ball. I rememember what happened the last time we tried airing it out and what happened.
Forget being pass happy. How about just being closer to 50/50?

pucho58
04-17-2006, 06:36 AM

:iagree:

Suitanim
04-17-2006, 07:54 AM
I opt for C: Move up and get the best WR in the draft.

Midnightwriter1
04-17-2006, 10:45 AM
I will be happy as long as we win. I enjoy seeing Ben throw, but i like that power running game and Willie's break away speed as well. I would like it if we stayed with what we do ... where we can beat someone by the run or the pass and being able to mix it up at will and have success.

MasterOfPuppets
04-17-2006, 06:34 PM
but that was with, turnover can't get out of the pocket, maddox.

clevestinks
04-17-2006, 07:11 PM
I`m rooting WR, and hoping Staley is healthy, I know its alot to ask.

Stlrs4Life
04-17-2006, 08:32 PM
Forget being pass happy. How about just being closer to 50/50?

OK, maybe a little closer to 50/50.:blurp:

Haiku_Dirtt
04-18-2006, 04:44 PM
a big running back, a blazing wideout, Aston Martin walnut interior, Maui beach house...I know I'm forgetting something

Midnightwriter1
04-18-2006, 05:32 PM
Our O line injury's had alot to do with the season we threw alot as well. I know they wanted to see the possiblity of changing the offensive scheme prior to some, but Maddox had such a good year the year before and there were questions about Bettis's ability to play a full season and trying to take some of the load off of him for the end of season.

I didnt like it, didnt seem like ( Steelers Football) ... Following Cowher all these years, i just cant see him straying too far away from what he loves to do which is bury a team with the run and being in control of the game after trying it once and it failing so badly even though there were other circumstances that may have helped contribute to why it failed.

tony hipchest
04-18-2006, 06:08 PM
Our O line injury's had alot to do with the season we threw alot as well. I know they wanted to see the possiblity of changing the offensive scheme prior to some, but Maddox had such a good year the year before and there were questions about Bettis's ability to play a full season and trying to take some of the load off of him for the end of season.

I didnt like it, didnt seem like ( Steelers Football) ... Following Cowher all these years, i just cant see him straying too far away from what he loves to do which is bury a team with the run and being in control of the game after trying it once and it failing so badly even though there were other circumstances that may have helped contribute to why it failed. if it aint broke, dont fix it. cowher has proven he can and will adapt when needed. a shift to a more pass oriented offens would just provide for more grind it out, run down the clock games. we saw this in the 1st 2 games last year (of course against poorer opposition) where ben had 200+ yds and 2 td's by halftime. with a better option at a #2 wr there would be a gradual shift from the 60-40 formula, but at this point it wouldnt be drastic. one thing cowher never does is run up the points on his opponents even though hes had plenty of opportunities to. jerome has sacrificed his body to carry out this formula and he will physically be paying the price in about 10 years. cowher dont wanna see anything bad happen to jerome (like with e. campbell), let alone to any of his other players. i think there will be a slight philisophical shift. there will still be the desire to be a top 5 rushing team in the league but it will be split amongst backs and more dump off passes, screens, and t.e.'s used. (much like this past year)

BlacknGold Bleeder
04-24-2006, 09:36 AM
Hell with all this 3rd best stuff... BEST athlete available!!

ARKIESTEEL
04-24-2006, 09:57 AM
Hell with all this 3rd best stuff... BEST athlete available!!

I go for that whoever is the best at what they do that is left when the 32 pick comes to us as long is its White!!!!

Haiku_Dirtt
04-24-2006, 01:08 PM
I go for that whoever is the best at what they do that is left when the 32 pick comes to us as long is its White!!!!

Lightning fast Willie!!

Thunder strong White!!

"One For The Other Thumb" :cool: