PDA

View Full Version : Just Make Randle El' Ben's Backup

SteelerEmpire
01-03-2011, 02:00 AM
Maybe next year, but its got to be an improvement over Lefty... he just looked gawd awful out there.

Merchant
01-03-2011, 02:03 AM
I was thinking this too, but it's somewhat unfair to judge Byron from that performance. He hadn't played all season. It's tough to just get out there after sitting on the bench for 17+ weeks and light it up.

Fire Arians
01-03-2011, 02:33 AM
charlie batch!

jjpro11
01-03-2011, 03:16 AM
I was thinking this too, but it's somewhat unfair to judge Byron from that performance. He hadn't played all season. It's tough to just get out there after sitting on the bench for 17+ weeks and light it up.

his job as a backup is to be able to come in if Ben goes down, rust and all, and compete at a high level. he didn't even look like an NFL QB today.

Fire Arians
01-03-2011, 03:42 AM
honestly i don't know why leftwich is the #2 qb. batch proved himself the most capable imo

sharkweek
01-03-2011, 06:28 AM
honestly i don't know why leftwich is the #2 qb. batch proved himself the most capable imo

Aside from a couple of bombs during the early season loss to the Ravens, Batch didn't exactly look good either.

Dixon's mobility and our current OL makes him the clear backup, IMO, when healthy...of course his apparent injury-proneness is another topic of discussion.

BGSU A Dub
01-03-2011, 07:01 AM
The formula is simple really:
Big Ben > Batch > Leftwich > Randle El > Dixon :thumbsup:

grward
01-03-2011, 08:55 AM
IMO we need to draft a better backup. Batch is a great mentor, but not so sure he'll be a good backup for next year. Lefty looked horribly yesterday and the what bothers me the most is that he stepped in when our OL was playing solid and the Browns' D looked like they wouldn't be able to stop a high school QB. Prior to this I would have thought Lefty was still a solid backup, but not now.

steeltheone
01-03-2011, 09:00 AM
As draft needs go, backup QB is way down the list.