PDA

View Full Version : Steelers notes: Pouncey should be OK

mesaSteeler
01-03-2011, 06:37 AM
Steelers notes: Pouncey should be OK
By: Mike Bires
Beaver County Times
http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1501/2011/january/02/steelers-notes-pouncey-should-be-ok.html
Sunday January 2, 2010 11:05 PM

CLEVELAND — The Steelers got a scare late in the third quarter Sunday when rookie center Maurkice Pouncey left the game with an injury initially called a stinger.

It’s not believed that Pouncey, the Steelers’ first-round pick in this year’s draft, was seriously injured. However, some Steelers believe that Pouncey may have suffered a mild concussion. Pouncey did not return and was replaced by Doug Legursky.

After the 41-9 rout of the Browns, coach Mike Tomlin was vague when asked about Pouncey.

“Yes, he’s fine,” Tomlin said.

Tomlin was asked specifically, “Was it a stinger?”

“No, I don’t know exactly what happened to him,” Tomlin said. “He’s going to be fine.”

The Steelers’ only other injury that Tomlin addressed was a groin/abdominal injury suffered by cornerback Bryant McFadden in the first quarter. McFadden did not return. He was replaced by William Gay.

MADISON’S BIG DAY

Steelers cornerback Anthony Madison has made a living in the NFL for five years almost exclusively as a special teams player. But against the Browns, he got to play several snaps at cornerback.

Madison took advantage of his opportunity. In the second quarter, he picked off Browns quarterback Colt McCoy. Then in the third quarter, Madison sacked McCoy. Those were both career firsts.

STEELERS’ 2011 OPPONENTS

Next year, the Steelers have a schedule that includes home games against two of the top quarterbacks in the NFL: Tom Brady of the Patriots and Peyton Manning of the Colts.

Besides home and away games against their AFC North foes, the rest of the schedule includes home games against the Patriots, Jaguars, Titans, Cardinals and Rams and away games against the Chiefs, Colts, Texans, 49ers and Seahawks.

MOORE AMONG STEELER INACTIVES

Mewelde Moore, the Steelers’ back-up running back, missed the game with a knee injury.

Other Steeler inactives were tackles Tony Hills and Chris Scott, linebacker Jason Worilds, defensive linemen Aaron Smith and Steve McLendon, and cornerback Crezdon Butler. Worilds sat out with a knee injury. Smith missed his 10th straight game due to a torn triceps.

pete74
01-03-2011, 07:49 AM
were going to have it rough next season. i see the Chiefs, Rams, Jaguars and 49'rs being alot tougher next year.

as for Pouncey, i was really scared. i kept thinking of earlier in the year when Starks got hurt how they called it a stinger at 1st

Atlanta Dan
01-03-2011, 08:49 AM
were going to have it rough next season. i see the Chiefs, Rams, Jaguars and 49'rs being alot tougher next year.

as for Pouncey, i was really scared. i kept thinking of earlier in the year when Starks got hurt how they called it a stinger at 1st

I also was worried about Pouncey - just another example of why getting the bye to heal up is so important

As for next year's schedule, Ravens apparently get the Chargers and Jets as teams the Steelers do not play, so it is not as if the Steelers main division rival gets off easy

TRH
01-03-2011, 09:02 AM
thats twice this year Pouncey has given everyone a scare. I hope he can stay injury-free in the playoffs and subsequent years to come