PDA

View Full Version : Mike & Mike - ESPN2

TRH
01-03-2011, 07:44 AM
anybody else sick and tired of these 2 douchebags? Why doesn ESPN2 even give them a channel and airtime every day???
One Mike is a big Jets fan and makes no bones about it. So what do they talk about over and over and over again??? The Jets....then the surrounding metropolitan teams (the Giants, the Eagles, and oh yeah, Tom Brady, they're completely infatuated)
I turn over to this show quite a bit to see what they're saying about the Steelers and nothing. Its the Jets...the Giants...the Eagles...Brady...and the Jets some more.
It would be the same thing if i got my own show on ESPN and only talked about the Steelers....and the Ravens and Browns.
*highly annoyed*

MDSteel15
01-03-2011, 10:03 AM
I love to listen to Golic but Greeny is a bit@h

lionslicer
01-03-2011, 01:12 PM
I love to listen to Golic but Greeny is a bit@h

Agreed.

Fire Haley
01-03-2011, 05:33 PM
So, like, turn the channel.

All of ESPN hates the Steelers - you hardly ever see anthing good about them on First Take or any of their other shows.

I like Mike & Mike - they at least cover football pretty much every day of the season. I hate basketball and that's all ESPN's Sportscenter ever wants to talk about.

silver & black
01-03-2011, 07:02 PM
I enjoy their show. I listen/watch every morning before work.

I have yet to figure out why ESPN or any other sports networks, shows, or personalities draw so much hate from people. It's just entertainment. These people get paid to give analysis and opiunions. I'm sure not everyone agrees with their analysis or opinion a lot of the time. It doesn't mean they all suck. It just means you don't agree with them... kinda like spotrs forums on the internet. :wink02:

Shea
01-03-2011, 11:16 PM
I've never caught their show but see them around on other ESPN shows and they don't bug me on those.

I agree with Killer though, not a fan of basketball and also wish ESPN would dedicate some time in covering the NHL.

Completely boogles my mind why this sport isn't more popular. It will never beat football, but it kicks baseball and basketball ass.

TRH
01-04-2011, 08:27 AM
I enjoy their show. I listen/watch every morning before work.

I have yet to figure out why ESPN or any other sports networks, shows, or personalities draw so much hate from people. It's just entertainment. These people get paid to give analysis and opiunions. I'm sure not everyone agrees with their analysis or opinion a lot of the time. It doesn't mean they all suck. It just means you don't agree with them... kinda like spotrs forums on the internet. :wink02:

my main point was that since he's a Jets fan....they talk about the Jets, Giants, and Eagles, Over. And over. And over. And over. And over again.
How cool would it be to sports fans across the country if i got a show on ESPN2 and talked 85% of the time about the Steelers and Ravens? Thats my beef...its a nationwide show...not a localized team show.

Fire Haley
01-04-2011, 09:01 AM
So you want a national show that just talks about the AFC North and the Steelers.

Good luck with that.

You spoiled kids are all alike. I remember football before the internet, just little newspaper clippings during the week before games, You'd have to wait till Monday to read about your team's game that week.

SI had the big articles once or twice a year about your team if you were lucky.

TRH
01-04-2011, 09:52 AM
So you want a national show that just talks about the AFC North and the Steelers.

Good luck with that.

You spoiled kids are all alike. I remember football before the internet, just little newspaper clippings during the week before games, You'd have to wait till Monday to read about your team's game that week.

SI had the big articles once or twice a year about your team if you were lucky.

no, no, no, no you moron. go back and read what i said. i SAID..."it would be LIKE i had a show and only talked about Pittsburgh and Baltimore"....not that i WANT a show about the Steelers.
Good grief, people. Read.

MDSteel15
01-04-2011, 09:53 AM
I've never caught their show but see them around on other ESPN shows and they don't bug me on those.

I agree with Killer though, not a fan of basketball and also wish ESPN would dedicate some time in covering the NHL.

Completely boogles my mind why this sport isn't more popular. It will never beat football, but it kicks baseball and basketball ass.

You can only say this if you live in a city like the Burgh! It has never had a basketball team and the Pirates haven't won anything since 1979!!! Just be grateful that it has the greatest franchise in NFL history... :tt02:

TRH
01-04-2011, 09:55 AM
You can only say this if you live in a city like the Burgh! It has never had a basketball team and the Pirates haven't won anything since 1979!!! Just be grateful that it has the greatest franchise in NFL history... :tt02:

he is right about one thing. Hockey certainly kicks the s*** out of baseball.

Fire Haley
01-04-2011, 10:16 AM
no, no, no, no you moron. go back and read what i said. i SAID..."it would be LIKE i had a show and only talked about Pittsburgh and Baltimore"....not that i WANT a show about the Steelers.
Good grief, people. Read.

but that IS what you want

If you turn on the tee-vee and they're not talking about the Steelers you throw a hissy fit?

Mike&Mike is a 4hr show every day - they talk about all the teams - so turn the channel if you don't like it

MDSteel15
01-04-2011, 10:43 AM
he is right about one thing. Hockey certainly kicks the s*** out of baseball.

He is a she and NO it doesn't... and no I am not a Yankee fan....

LukesDad88
01-04-2011, 10:51 AM

If you turn on the tee-vee and they're not talking about the Steelers you throw a hissy fit?

Mike&Mike is a 4hr show every day - they talk about all the teams - so turn the channel if you don't like it

+1.

Turn it off.

Personally, I like their show more than most others out there.

TheTerribleTowel
01-04-2011, 11:32 AM
I stopped listening to this show during this NFL season. Every now and then I catch it on TV in the morning, but definitely not appointment viewing.

TRH
01-04-2011, 12:30 PM

are you retarded and cannot read? I never said anything even remotely close to that.....and no, thats not what "i want". I do "turn the channel" but flip back and forth.
I just said its a national show. Not a "regional" show like they treat it as and yes, it would be nice to get a little discussion about the Steelers on that particular show. I think they've earned it.
I would think they could come up with a better show for such a large format as ESPN. Whatever your opinions, like the show or don't like it, one certainly can't say they give fair coverage on there.....