PDA

View Full Version : Division titles

BengalDestroyer
01-03-2011, 11:28 AM
I agree on the fact that if a team wins it's division, they should get a spot in the playoffs...however (especially after this seasons NFC west teams) I feel that Tampa Bay deserves a playoff spot a lot more than Seattle or St. Louis. If you win your division with a losing record, someone else should get your spot in the post season.

On a good note, congratulations Raheem Morris on a great turnaround with such a young team, and Coach Morris def. has my vote for coach of the year, ten rookie starters, from three to ten wins in a season, hands down the best job this year.

jizzballz
01-03-2011, 12:28 PM
geeze that nbc game was murder to watch, im pretty sure its the last watched snf game ever in history.

lionslicer
01-03-2011, 01:13 PM
First 7-9 team to make the playoffs... Too bad they're terrible and will lose against the Saints... But any givin sunday, they might go to the superbowl

steelerohio
01-03-2011, 02:25 PM
if a 7-9 team gets to the Super Bowl, I can win the presidential election in 2012...

jizzballz
01-03-2011, 05:24 PM
i think the worst record you can go to the playoffs with is a 6-10 record, maybe a 5-11, but after that, this may be the worst team to ever get to the playoffs LOL

Stu Pidasso
01-03-2011, 05:48 PM
I agree on the fact that if a team wins it's division, they should get a spot in the playoffs...however (especially after this seasons NFC west teams) I feel that Tampa Bay deserves a playoff spot a lot more than Seattle or St. Louis. If you win your division with a losing record, someone else should get your spot in the post season.

I call bullshit. So by your logic: If the AFC East rankings go like this(I know the math is off, it's a hypothetical):

Patriots*- 15-1
Dolphins- 13-3
Bills - 12-5
Jets- 11-5

And the Steelers, Colts, and Chargers all win their divisions at 7-9, should there only be AFC East teams in the playoffs?

lionslicer
01-03-2011, 09:11 PM
i think the worst record you can go to the playoffs with is a 6-10 record, maybe a 5-11, but after that, this may be the worst team to ever get to the playoffs LOL

Mathmatically speaking a team could be 3-13 and win a division title. In Madden (which uses the same math as the NFL for playoffs) I've seen 6-10 and 5-11 teams make the playoffs.

What is stupid is once a team wins a division, they are atleast a 4th seed. So they get a home game against wild card teams. Who may have 5-6 more wins than them.

BengalDestroyer
01-04-2011, 05:06 AM
I call bullshit. So by your logic: If the AFC East rankings go like this(I know the math is off, it's a hypothetical):

Patriots*- 15-1
Dolphins- 13-3
Bills - 12-5
Jets- 11-5

And the Steelers, Colts, and Chargers all win their divisions at 7-9, should there only be AFC East teams in the playoffs?

If it went down like that, then yes, so be it. Last year we missed at 9-7, the year before the pats missed at 11-5, this year the bucs missed at 10-6....

I guess my biggest point is that TB deserves a shot a lot more than sea or stl.....

jizzballz
01-04-2011, 06:06 AM
its tough the buccaneers didnt make it, but its also fair, its their fault they didnt win 11 games, it's their fault we destroyed them, hey, how about draft better which leads to better records.

seattle sucks, watch the saints stomp all over them next week, i will be a saints and chiefs fan, hopefully its going to be awesome.

steeltheone
01-04-2011, 07:41 AM

On a good note, congratulations Raheem Morris on a great turnaround with such a young team, and Coach Morris def. has my vote for coach of the year, ten rookie starters, from three to ten wins in a season, hands down the best job this year.

Tampa played an easy schedule, They would lose to any top playoff team by 20 plus.