PDA

View Full Version : Goodell letter to fans

steelerchad
01-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Got a letter from Goodell today via email. Any one else get this? I guess if you've bought tickets to an NFL game you got it.
It was basically an early strike at the players saying he would do everything possible to get a deal done. So when the deal doesn't happen, he will get sympathy from the fans and the fans will blame the players. This guy is a politician to the highest extreme. He will say anything to sway your opinion, lie to your face and expect you to believe it as the truth, and he thinks his fan base is stupid and can be easily manipulated. I liken this to a campain letter, subtly smearing his opponent (the players).
The NFL is a powerehouse and richer than any sport in America. Yet the players salaries and benefits don't match. I'm not saying these guys are poor, but compare them to MLB or NBA and it's no contest. Plus, these guys contracts aren't guaranteed. They can get cut right before a big payday. Couple that with the fact that their career can end on any given play and I think the owners greed is outweighing the players on most issues.
He also goes on to sell the 18 game season as something the fans want, which as a fan and ticket holder I'm in favor of. But make no mistake, he could care less about us. Nothing but money is driving that.

Fire Arians
01-03-2011, 08:26 PM
the fans to goodell:

**** yourself

Lord of Lombardi
01-03-2011, 08:37 PM
My solution to this Cracker Biscuit's dictatorship is to have one commissioner for the AFC, one for the NFC and one Senior Commish if the other two can't agree. The Senior obviously would be the deciding vote but there would be no more Gaydell to ruin our league. FIneable amounts would be established, and after feeble attempts to convince us of parity within the league, how ironic that there is no parity with the commissioner decisions. Anyone surprised at this Political attempt to win over fans. He is already turning a blind eye and ear to what the fans are saying. I was at the Game vs. Oakland and I swore off Gaydell that very moment. I hope you all do as well. I'd take Arians over Gaydell and that is saying quite a lot.

mizzouristeeler
01-03-2011, 08:38 PM
I got the same email. Screw goodell.

OX1947
01-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Roger Goodell is a lying (bleep) sucker. Saying how "fans are asking for quality preseason games". When the (bleep) have I heard fans wanting meaningful preseason games. Fans do not want to PAY retail for preseason games. I have not heard one fan ask for 18 games. He is a lying little (bleep). He needs to go. He is a piece of shit. How bout you stop showing commercials for 2 hours out of the 3 hours of the game if yuo want to give fans "quality". I have never seen so many beer commercials in my life. Geez, how much beer can a human drink having it shoved down our throats. (bleep) hypocrite.

4xSBChamps
01-03-2011, 09:59 PM
the fans to goodell:

**** yourself

...preferably with something large, irregular-shaped, and splintered

stb_steeler
01-03-2011, 10:01 PM
ONE WORD........:jerkit:

GameTime55
01-03-2011, 10:06 PM
I agree with all of this. never received a letter but this guy is a undoubtedly something else.

He knows he is full of $hit.

Stu Pidasso
01-03-2011, 10:10 PM
...preferably with something large, irregular-shaped, and splintered

Like Richard Simmons.