PDA

View Full Version : Ben Engaged?

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Wedding bells for Big Ben?
Tuesday, January 04, 2011
By Sally Kalson, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
If Ben Roethlisberger is engaged to be married, he doesn't want to talk about it. But a lot of other people do.

The social media have been all a-Twitter with congratulations for the Steelers quarterback, who purportedly popped the question to a young woman from New Castle over the Christmas holidays.

Asked point blank today if he was engaged, Mr. Roethlisberger declined to answer, except to say he wouldn't talk about his private life.

The young woman is being named on blogs and Tweets, but Post-Gazette attempts to reach her have not yet succeeded.

Information developed by the newspaper shows her as a graduate of Laurel High School, where she was a softball star, and a 2008 graduate of St. Francis University in Loretto, Cambria County, with a bachelor's degree in health science, and, a year later, a master's of physicians assistant.

Sally Kalson: skalson@post-gazette.com or 412-263-1610.

First published on January 4, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11004/1115499-100.stm?cmpid=news.xml#ixzz1A6ChDRar

grward
01-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Great. More drama and wisecracks to invade our post season. Keep focused Ben!

SteelCityMom
01-04-2011, 03:20 PM
I won't believe it until I hear it from Mike Florio.

SteelCityMom
01-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Ben Roethlisberger Won't Talk About Whether He's Engaged
by Charlie Wilmoth • Jan 4, 2011 3:04 PM EST
http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/pittsburgh-steelers/2011/1/4/1913664/ben-roethlisberger--engaged-ashley-harlan

There have been rumors that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger recently got engaged to Ashley Harlan. Roethlisberger has heard them, and he's not talking:

[KDKA's John] Shumway: Word has it you’re engaged. Is that true?

Roethlisberger: Oh geez. Listen, there’s always rumors out there about professional athletes, especially about me. You guys know that I am not going to talk about my own personal life, I don’t do that. My one singular focus right now is on the playoffs, on football and trying to get to the Super Bowl. So, that’s what my focus is right now.

Given Roethlisberger's very public problems with women, this could gain some tabloid attention, which is just gonna be awesome, because it will mean that, for a while at least, you'll have to hear about it all the time. Here's hoping that whatever happens, Roethlisberger is good to the women in his life, if he has any, and his issues with them fade into the background.

Anyway, reports that Roethlisberger got engaged Christmas Day have been on Twitter for a while.

Thanks to Steelers Depot.

pete74
01-04-2011, 03:48 PM
well hopefully it keeps him out of the bar this spring

Atlanta Dan
01-04-2011, 03:58 PM
My one singular focus right now is on the playoffs, on football and trying to get to the Super Bowl. So, that’s what my focus is right now.

So much for having your one and only to whom you may have recently proposed have any delusions she is the center of your world:chuckle:

Maybe Roethlisberger can ask her to sit in the front row in court at the trial on the Nevada allegations

mesaSteeler
01-04-2011, 05:33 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_716591.html
Ben about to tie the knot? He's not saying
By Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Last updated: 3:36 pm

Is Ben Roethlisberger engaged? (Uh ho, hearts are breaking all over Steeler Nation. That being said thought I really hope this is true but for his sake and for our off season sanity. - mesa)

The Steelers quarterback neither confirmed nor denied an Internet rumor that says he is when asked about it today after practice.

“There’s always, always rumors out there about professional athletes, especially about me,” Roethlisberger said. “You guys know that I’m not going to talk about my personal life. My own singular focus right now is on the playoffs and trying to get to the Super Bowl.”

When asked again if he could confirm or deny his rumored engagement, Roethlisberger said, “I’m not going to talk about my personal life.”

finesward
01-04-2011, 05:42 PM
how hilarious would it be if it was the lady from nevada...lol

mesaSteeler
01-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Wedding bells for Roethlisberger?
Tuesday, January 04, 2011
By Sally Kalson, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

If Ben Roethlisberger is engaged to be married, he doesn't want to talk about it. But a lot of other people do.

The social media have been all a-Twitter with congratulations for the Steelers quarterback, who purportedly popped the question to a young woman from Hickory, Lawrence County, over the Christmas holidays.

Asked point blank today if he was engaged, Mr. Roethlisberger declined to answer, except to say he wouldn't talk about his private life.

The young woman is being named on blogs and Tweets, but Post-Gazette attempts to reach her have not yet succeeded.

Information developed by the newspaper shows her as a graduate of Laurel High School, where she was a softball star, and a 2008 graduate of St. Francis University in Loretto, Cambria County, with a bachelor's degree in health science, and, a year later, a master's of physicians assistant. (Sounds like a smart young woman. - mesa)

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11004/1115499-100.stm#ixzz1A6txy3DC

mesaSteeler
01-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Of course this could be a plot by BeliCheat to distract Ben. I wouldn't put anything past that slimeball.

Merchant
01-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Good answers, Ben.

MACH1
01-04-2011, 07:17 PM
I wont believe it until the coach says it's true.

Fire Arians
01-04-2011, 07:53 PM
pics or it didn't happen

PhantomJB93
01-04-2011, 08:31 PM
pics or it didn't happen

http://www.961kiss.com/pages/morningfreakshow.html?an=Is-this-Big-Ben-s-girl

Fire Arians
01-04-2011, 08:45 PM

he shoulda stuck with the golf chick from way back lol

Deserei90
01-05-2011, 12:35 AM
If this is true, then I'm happy for him. Ben has been in the negative limelight for a while now. I'm happy for him, but the timing sucks. I hope this don't distract him during playoffs. I got to say, When I first heard I was shocked, because I knew eventually he would get married, but didn't think it would happen already. Congratulations, Are in order to Ben and his fiance Ashley Harlan!!!:thumbsup:

Third Rail
01-05-2011, 02:07 AM
Hey, if this news is true, it's good for at least two reasons:

1. Given that some holier-than-thou idiot fans and commentators seem to think that just because a QB is a married man, that instantly makes him a saint, then this can only bode well for Roethlisberger in the public eye. (I'm not calling Ben a bad guy... just pointing out that when his name was being dragged through the mud last summer I kept hearing people bring up names of other QBs who were married, acting as though that made them better people than Ben).

2. If he indeed popped the question on Christmas, then I don't think we have to worry about this being a distraction for him. Did you SEE the way he played on Sunday? This engagement, if true, might have motivated him to play one of the best games of his career. Did anyone watch Playbook today? They were literally gushing over his performance. Pretty awesome.

USWSteel
01-05-2011, 02:31 AM
Boy I think this is hilarious !!!! She's got herself a real prize here ! 8 months ago Ben's having unprotected sex with strangers in public bathrooms ! Maybe its an arranged marriage to help with his tarnished image. He's probably paying her to marry him !

Fire Arians
01-05-2011, 02:36 AM
Boy I think this is hilarious !!!! She's got herself a real prize here ! 8 months ago Ben's having unprotected sex with strangers in public bathrooms ! Maybe its an arranged marriage to help with his tarnished image. He's probably paying her to marry him !

I doubt that. Paying her to marry him? Lol I mean she's a decent looking girl but seriously way below the standards of what an NFL quarterback should be landing.

Deserei90
01-05-2011, 02:38 AM
I doubt that. Paying her to marry him? Lol I mean she's a decent looking girl but seriously way below the standards of what an NFL quarterback should be landing.I mean if he loves her that's all that matters:noidea:

USWSteel
01-05-2011, 02:49 AM
I doubt that. Paying her to marry him? Lol I mean she's a decent looking girl but seriously way below the standards of what an NFL quarterback should be landing.

I didnt mean that she's some superstar knockout... I meant for HIS image, this must be a whirl wind relationship seeing Ben's bathroom sex life just a few months ago. Her parent's must be very proud !

steelers33
01-05-2011, 02:51 AM

Yah I was expecting a smokin hot big breasted supermodel(tom Brady's wife), but I guess Ben has grown up a little bit. Until of course 4 months into the marriage he thinks why the hell did I do this! JK good for him though if it's true, hopefully he'll want to impress her with a 156.3 passer rating in Foxborough.

pete74
01-05-2011, 05:47 AM

yea he is really paying her to marry him. its things like this that makes me so happy that im not a famous nfl QB.

mesaSteeler
01-05-2011, 07:30 AM
Big Ben's big secret gets out, but who is she?
Wednesday, January 05, 2011
By Sally Kalson and Karen Kane, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11005/1115618-455.stm

The social media have been all a-Twitter with congratulations for the Steelers quarterback, who purportedly popped the question to a young woman from Lawrence County over the holidays.

Asked point blank if he was engaged, Mr. Roethlisberger declined to answer, except to say he wouldn't talk about his private life.

KDKA's John Shumway went to Mr. Roethlisberger Tuesday in the Steelers locker room and asked the quarterback if all the rumors were true.

Mr. Roethlisberger fended off the question like a blitzing linebacker.

"Oh geez. Listen, there's always rumors out there about professional athletes, especially about me. You guys know that I am not going to talk about my own personal life, I don't do that. My one singular focus right now is on the playoffs, on football and trying to get to the Super Bowl."

But while Mr. Roethlisberger sidestepped the question, social media sites rushed in with Tweets and blogs and postings, identifying his "fiancee" as a resident of Hickory Township, near New Castle.

Information developed by the newspaper showed her as a graduate of Laurel High School, where she was a softball star, and a 2008 graduate of St. Francis University in Loretto, Cambria County, with a bachelor's degree in health science, and, a year later, a master of physician assistant.

Armed with that information, the Post-Gazette went to Lawrence County, where the bride-to-be was said to reside.

They smiled congenially but, in the end, David and Gloria Harlan declined to comment on all the reports that their daughter, Ashley, was engaged to be married to the starting quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"I'm sorry but I have no comment at this time," said Mrs. Harlan, whose family lives atop a rural knob that overlooks Devil's Elbow Road in Hickory Township, just outside the village of Eastbrook near New Castle.

Another pleasant smile and "no comment" followed minutes later from Mr. Harlan after he pulled his pickup into the driveway Tuesday evening.

A few neighbors confirmed that it was common knowledge that Ashley and Ben have been "an item" -- as Amy Kunselman put it. But, no one had first-hand information about any pending nuptials. At least no information they were willing to share.

"They're a wonderful family," Mrs. Kunselman said of the Harlans.

Word of the couple's relationship began circulating in the community following a summer outing by Mrs. Harlan and Mr. Roethlisberger's stepmother to a little shop in nearby Volant.

Mrs. Harlan is said to have introduced Mrs. Roethlisberger to an acquaintance as the mother of her daughter's boyfriend.
Sally Kalson: skalson@post-gazette.com or 412-263-1610. Karen Kane: kkane@post-gazette.com or 724-772-9180.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11005/1115618-455.stm#ixzz1AABoZTDw

TRH
01-05-2011, 09:06 AM

oh please, give me a break. I wonder how many of the users on this forum alone are married and have taken a blow*** or 3 from a girl they met out somewhere.
Reports say they've been seeing each other on and off for about 4 years.
Congrats to Ben.

grward
01-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Who knows, maybe his time in Georgia was from a crash-and-burn break up if they've been off and on for four years.

TackleMeBen
01-05-2011, 10:23 AM
So much for having your one and only to whom you may have recently proposed have any delusions she is the center of your world:chuckle:

Maybe Roethlisberger can ask her to sit in the front row in court at the trial on the Nevada allegations
that is too funny dan..lol.. (how about duke this season???:thumbsup:)

and even if he does it married, do you think that will stop him... i mean favre is married and we know what he did....lol

Fire Arians
01-05-2011, 10:43 AM
i still think he screwed up big time cause he once had this lol

http://sportsvideo24.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Natalie-Gulbis-2.jpg

vasteeler
01-05-2011, 11:49 AM

:blah: :doh:

wutchy
01-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Two things.
A. some girls won't do the funky chicken with you unless you put a ring on their finger.
B. If I was Ben, I'd buy a bunch of cubic zirconia rings and make sure i got one on the finger before i got more than a kiss.

I was engaged from 1979 to 1993. Then i realized that i was in lust, not love.

coffeecup
01-05-2011, 12:26 PM
The New Castle News supposedly "confirmed" that the engagement took place. They show the name and pictures of the young lady but do not say who "confirmed" these rumors. So basically, they are still rumors. KDKA news mentioned her name yesterday.

http://www.ncnewsonline.com/current/x1522065260/It-s-Confirmed-Big-Ben-engaged-to-Laurel-grad-Ashley-Harlan

If this link doesn't work go to ncnewsonline.com

If it's true, I wish them both the best! This would be a good time to announce an engagement for them especially if you don't want people prying into your personal life (announce it and then kick back) and it seems the Steelers, especially under Tomlin, don't like to be praised in the media before big games so this will divert some of the stories away from the Steelers' strategy.. This way neither the Steelers or the engagement would get as much press as they would if the events didn't coincide. JMO

TackleMeBen
01-05-2011, 12:29 PM
i hope she has him tested before having sex with him..lol

saveus1011
01-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Hey, unlike that fruitcake in NE, Ben at least didn't almost marry her, knock her up, then go for someone else.

TackleMeBen
01-05-2011, 12:37 PM
that is true. but at least brady didnt get two rape accusations brought against him either.

saveus1011
01-05-2011, 12:38 PM
that is true. but at least brady didnt get two rape accusations brought against him either.

But they're only that: accusations. The proof is in the puddin' for Brady.

Atlanta Dan
01-05-2011, 01:23 PM
(how about duke this season???:thumbsup:)

Duke's situation is like the Steelers with Troy - you are one freak injury away from having your championship dreams take a sudden turn for the worse

Duke's season took a turn when their great freshman point guard Kyrie Irving sustained a toe injury and every time Troy starts limping i hold my breath

As for this thread topic, good luck to Ben in steering clear of trouble - I hope he knows he is out of chances to keep screwing up, but it is during the offseason when he gets in trouble so I will wait and see

tony hipchest
01-05-2011, 01:42 PM
can you imagine if ben gets married and have a child? i bet his wife and family will accuse him of holding on to the baby to long. :football: :storkb:

in all seriousness theres only 2 people ben should be married to right now- mike wallace and pouncey.

grward
01-05-2011, 01:50 PM
can you imagine if ben gets married and have a child? i bet his wife and family will accuse him of holding on to the baby to long. :football: :storkb:

in all seriousness theres only 2 people ben should be married to right now- mike wallace and pouncey.

That's funny as hell! Both comments! Thanks for the laugh!

TackleMeBen
01-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Duke's situation is like the Steelers with Troy - you are one freak injury away from having your championship dreams take a sudden turn for the worse

Duke's season took a turn when their great freshman point guard Kyrie Irving sustained a toe injury and every time Troy starts limping i hold my breath

As for this thread topic, good luck to Ben in steering clear of trouble - I hope he knows he is out of chances to keep screwing up, but it is during the offseason when he gets in trouble so I will wait and see
yeah i know. but at least with irving down we are still winning.

i am sure as long as he stays out of georgia and nevada he might be ok.

that is too funny tony...lol

thumper
01-05-2011, 03:25 PM
http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/15606

Why doesn't he get hotter women, especially if he is going to marry this
one. Mean while, Brady gets the hottest chicks on the planet.

http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/archives/gisele_bundchen_113566a.jpg

SteelCityMom
01-05-2011, 03:41 PM

She's not THAT bad looking...geez.

Besides, maybe she's a really cool girl too. Would you rather have the bitchy hot supermodel chick who runs your life and your hair, or a regular girl who won't try to primp you to look like Justin Beiber and wear mens UGG boots?

All accusations aside, Tammy Brady is fluff, and is married to fluff (yes, I know she's super duper hot...she's still fluff). I could never imagine someone who seems far, far less prissy marrying for status and looks like that.

Besides...that super hot chick who gets paid money to have her hair and make up done for hours and prance around in undies and stuff is just a regular looking chick underneath it all too.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lKe2XK1kSnY/TArYjgnZ2QI/AAAAAAAAB0Y/Tg_of4Pw3Zg/s400/gisele-bundchen-net-worth.jpg

TRH
01-05-2011, 03:48 PM
[
Besides...that super hot chick who gets paid money to have her hair and make up done for hours and prance around in undies and stuff is just a regular looking chick underneath it all too.

yep! absolutely right she is..
I think Ben's g-friend is pretty damn good looking.

USWSteel
01-05-2011, 04:34 PM

Well first off look at the chicks who he has been banging recently...wiliing or not. Average at best, he a NFL Qb with 100 million in the bank ans this is all he cant muster up ?
The buick he made out with hasnt helped. He really is that good looking for a guy whatsoever. Just sayin...

ie ... look at tom bradys lady now thats an AZZZZZ !!!!!!!

steelcity1974
01-05-2011, 04:45 PM

It must be true...there's an empty liquor bottle and empty wine glass in front of her. :toofunny:

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Yah I was expecting a smokin hot big breasted supermodel(tom Brady's wife)

Giselle Bundchen is NOT a "hot big breasted supermodel". She is a runway model, and is built like all runway models-- tall, lanky, no curves, no tits, flat ass, and legs like chopsticks. She IS beautiful, the way a really nice looking furniture or a beautiful flower or a snowflake would be, but not very sexy, IMHO.

I'll take a Marilyn Monroe, Jennifer Hudson, or Gianna Michaels, anyday over that.....I'll take the curves.

TackleMeBen
01-05-2011, 05:11 PM
It must be true...there's an empty liquor bottle and empty wine glass in front of her. :toofunny:
i noticed that too...lol

btaylor179
01-05-2011, 05:19 PM
who cares?????? just win football games!!!!!!

pete74
01-05-2011, 05:49 PM
its obvious that ben is engaged of himself or her family would of definatly denied it but personally i dont care. i guess im happy because it means he is probably maturing(unless he ends like favre) but i dont see the big deal. just about everyone gets married sometimes

jizzballz
01-05-2011, 05:56 PM
for people to think brady is richer than gisele, it's actually the other way around, lol

gisele is and will always probably be richer than brady, she probably gives good blowjobs.

heres bens soon to be wife

http://www.bustedcoverage.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/1109_1294188006.jpg

http://www.bustedcoverage.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/big-ben-engagment-twitter-540x355.jpg

http://www.bustedcoverage.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/big-ben-marriage-summer-540x301.png

but id rather **** gisele

http://www.sportsnewsmaniac.com/images/Gisele_Bundchen.jpg

isnt she from brazil, bound to be good at ****s

TRH
01-05-2011, 06:06 PM
gisele's not attractive, sorry.
Women like Selma Hayek, Jessica Simpson, etc with looks AND the right 'big' curves are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY more attractive than that toothpick, teenage-boy looking body of gisele's.

LVSteelersfan
01-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Some people are so out of touch with reality. You think just because someone has a lot of money they need to be married to some superficial, stuck up, so-called beauty. This woman he is rumored to be engaged to is very nice looking and she is probably very smart unlike most of the supermodel types of the world. Most of the drop dead gorgeous women I have known I would not want anything to do with. They are so stuck on themselves and expect a man to wine and dine them to the point of emptying your bank account. Screw them and the bus they rode in on. I will take a smart woman any day over a supermodel.

TRH
01-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Some people are so out of touch with reality. You think just because someone has a lot of money they need to be married to some superficial, stuck up, so-called beauty. This woman he is rumored to be engaged to is very nice looking and she is probably very smart unlike most of the supermodel types of the world. Most of the drop dead gorgeous women I have known I would not want anything to do with. They are so stuck on themselves and expect a man to wine and dine them to the point of emptying your bank account. Screw them and the bus they rode in on. I will take a smart woman any day over a supermodel.

+ 1. Well said. I think this girl's more attractive than gisele

SteelCityMom
01-05-2011, 06:30 PM
For the record...Ben has dated some very good looking, well off/semi-famous women (Natalie Gublis, Missy Peregrym). Maybe that's just not the type of girl he's interested in now. His life is hectic enough. I imagine dating/marrying someone with the same hectic lifestyle would be tough. And I know that it seems like celebrities marrying celebrities is the normal thing to do, but keep in mind that it's extremely rare to hear about those relationships amounting to anything or working out in the long run.

Besides, who really gives a shit if he's dating/engaged to someone comparable to Gisele (in looks). I hope the rumors are true, and wish them the best of luck.

Fire Arians
01-05-2011, 06:44 PM
i don't know scmom, i have a hard time ever believing that any man ever isn't interested in the hot chicks category lol.

PhantomJB93
01-05-2011, 06:47 PM
I dont get why this conversation is even relevant, I mean I thought she was fairly attractive but I gues since she's not Gisele nobody else thinks so :noidea:

SteelCityMom
01-05-2011, 06:50 PM
No, I know guys are interested in hot chicks (for reasons that are obvious), but sometimes maintaining a relationship with a person takes more than just being interested in their looks. Like I said, he's dated hot celebrities before...maybe that's just not the type of relationship he's looking for anymore. Can't say I blame him. I do not envy celebrity couples in the least.

thumper
01-05-2011, 06:55 PM
She's not THAT bad looking...geez.

Besides, maybe she's a really cool girl too. Would you rather have the bitchy hot supermodel chick who runs your life and your hair, or a regular girl who won't try to primp you to look like Justin Beiber and wear mens UGG boots?

All accusations aside, Tammy Brady is fluff, and is married to fluff (yes, I know she's super duper hot...she's still fluff). I could never imagine someone who seems far, far less prissy marrying for status and looks like that.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lKe2XK1kSnY/TArYjgnZ2QI/AAAAAAAAB0Y/Tg_of4Pw3Zg/s400/gisele-bundchen-net-worth.jpg

SCmom, I agree with you, and my life choices prove it. I would never
tolerate a bossy wife, telling me how to wear my hair etc. (unless it was
just friendly advice). I have dated hot women, but as soon as they got
bossy, they were done. NO LEVEL of hotness would make me put up
with a bitch. NONE. They don't make any woman that hot. I mean, if I was
single and we are talking about putting up with that for a few nights to get
my groove on, that is different. But we are talking about a wife, or even
a long term girlfriend.

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-05-2011, 07:56 PM
gisele's not attractive, sorry.
Women like Selma Hayek, Jessica Simpson, etc with looks AND the right 'big' curves are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY more attractive than that toothpick, teenage-boy looking body of gisele's.

Ditto.

A beautiful woman should have no straight lines and I should not be able to see rib bones when their arms are at their sides.

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-05-2011, 08:01 PM

Amen, brother.

Our society's everyday standards have been heavily influenced by show business, MTV, and blow-em-up, smash-em-up Hollywood movies. Unless something is completely obvious, blatant, and out in the open, kids today just can't understand it. Subtlety and discretion no longer exist.

By the sounds of it, Ben found himself, an intelligent, DOWN-TO-EARTH, educated, DISCREET, and ATTRACTIVE woman. No, she might not turn heads the way GIselle the Toothpick would in a public place, but some guys can appreciate the quieter, more subtle things in life-- a girl does not have to wear expensive, revealing clothes, have a reality show on MTV, and a $3000 hair-do to be beautiful......

She looks fine to me.

SteelCityMom
01-06-2011, 04:53 PM
It's not been confirmed by Ben or anyone else yet...but the New Castle News seems to think it's true.

January 5, 2011 Itís Confirmed: Big Ben engaged to Laurel grad Ashley Harlan (http://www.ncnewsonline.com/current/x1522065260/It-s-Confirmed-Big-Ben-engaged-to-Laurel-grad-Ashley-Harlan)

Kayleen Cubbal New Castle News (http://www.ncnewsonline.com/) The New Castle News (http://www.ncnewsonline.com/) Wed Jan 05, 2011, 08:01 AM EST
NEW CASTLE ó To read the story and see photos of Benís fianceť, CLICK HERE (http://www.ncnewsmedia.com/archive/2011/01Jan/Big_Ben/image0.htm)

http://www.ncnewsonline.com/current/x1522065260/It-s-Confirmed-Big-Ben-engaged-to-Laurel-grad-Ashley-Harlan

plenewken
01-06-2011, 05:26 PM
You guys crack me up! Gisele is paid much more than Brady and Ben combined and she doesn't get slammed on the ground by a 250lbs linebacker. LOL

sarahpalinhater
01-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Wasn't Ben at one time dating an actress ? I forget her name, but I think she stared in the
movie " Stick it " ? Whatever the case, if he loves her, and she him, God bless, and best of Luck Ben.
Don't let the haters get ya down.

SteelCityMom
01-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Wasn't Ben at one time dating an actress ? I forget her name, but I think she stared in the
movie " Stick it " ? Whatever the case, if he loves her, and she him, God bless, and best of Luck Ben.
Don't let the haters get ya down.

Yeah...Missy Peregrym. The only thing I remember her from is Heroes (3rd or 4th season I think).

From browsing the article the New Castle News posted, I found a couple of quotes interesting. She seems like a really nice girl though. Wish them the best of luck.

Sources said Roethlisberger was advised by his agent to remain mum on the engagement until the Steelersí playoff run ends. Harlan was a volleyball, basketball and softball star at Laurel prior to her graduation. She went on to play softball at St. Francis University of Loretto, graduating in 2008 with a bachelorís degree in health science and, a year later, a masterís in physician assistant science. She went on to accept a position in the cardiac surgery department of Presbyterian Hospital in Pittsburgh.

Sources confirm that Harlan and Roethlisberger had an off-and-on relationship that began while she was still attending school at St. Francis and recently picked back up.

Sources said Harlan and Roethlisberger were honored at an engagement party Friday night. They are said to be planning a July wedding.

http://www.ncnewsmedia.com/archive/2011/01Jan/Big_Ben/story2.htm