PDA

View Full Version : Ben's Huge Record

SH-Rock
01-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Ben has now gone 158 consecutive attempts without an interception, his own record.

And I was hoping for INT in the Cleveland game :doh:

pete74
01-04-2011, 04:47 PM
why were you hoping for an interception? i would rather him go into the playoffs hot

lionslicer
01-04-2011, 05:02 PM
why were you hoping for an interception? i would rather him go into the playoffs hot

Maybe he had clevelands defense for fantasy football :P

steelerchad
01-04-2011, 05:05 PM
No. I agree. One meaningless pick in the Cleveland game might have taken a little pressure off.

I was at the Carolina game and me and my dad both wanted Suisham to miss the kick right before halftime. The score was 20-0 and the outcome was decided by that point. He hadn't missed a kick as a Steeler except that one. I just remember Gary Anderson for the Vikings not missing a kick all season. Like 36-36, and then missing his first kick in the playoffs to cost his team the game.

Streaks are going to end at some point. The Pats are on an unprecedented run of getting turnovers and not giving them up. I expect something turnover wise to happen that will cost the Pats a playoff game.

sharkweek
01-04-2011, 06:44 PM
superstition is for suckers

MDSteel15
01-04-2011, 06:52 PM
No. I agree. One meaningless pick in the Cleveland game might have taken a little pressure off.

I was at the Carolina game and me and my dad both wanted Suisham to miss the kick right before halftime. The score was 20-0 and the outcome was decided by that point. He hadn't missed a kick as a Steeler except that one. I just remember Gary Anderson for the Vikings not missing a kick all season. Like 36-36, and then missing his first kick in the playoffs to cost his team the game.

Streaks are going to end at some point. The Pats are on an unprecedented run of getting turnovers and not giving them up. I expect something turnover wise to happen that will cost the Pats a playoff game.

I do believe Anderson was 45 for 45 when he missed that kick!!!

lionslicer
01-04-2011, 08:29 PM
I do believe Anderson was 45 for 45 when he missed that kick!!!

He was 35-35 in the regular season, But he made 4 in the playoffs, so he was 39-39 when he made that kick.

Though he had not missed a kick in the preseason and from like midseason the season before. I don't know what the true streak is from year to year, but he was 16-16 in the postseason until that kick also

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-04-2011, 08:46 PM

Lol i had this same exact thought regarding Suisham and Gary.

On the other hand, Ben is unbelievably accurate this year, and reaching his peak just now. In no way do I see this as bad for the Steelers into January.