PDA

View Full Version : Browns writers believe they can win 9!

clevestinks
04-18-2006, 08:33 AM
Friday, April 07, 2006

First prediction of 2006
After taking a quick look at the Browns 2006 schedule, the Dawg Blog is going to go out on a limb and project the Browns winning anywhere between 7-9 games this season.

On the positive side, the Browns look to have a good chance of having a winning record at home. The key will be how they fare in three straight home games from Nov. 19-Dec. 3.

The road schedule, however, looks tough with games at Carolina, Cincinnati, San Diego, Atlanta and Pittsburgh.

Well they think 7 to 9 wins. I know wher two losses are coming from, and cinci will probably beat them twice also. So lets say they start out 0-4 with two losses to each Pitts , and cinci. so the other remaining 12 games they go 9 out of 12?? I dont see it.

Livinginthe past
04-18-2006, 08:50 AM
v N.O W
@ Cincy L
v Baltimore W
@ Oakland W
@ Carolina L
v Denver L
v NY Jets W
@ San Diego L
@ Atlanta L
v Pittsburgh L
v Cincy L
v Kansas L
@ Pittsburgh L
@ Baltimore W
v Tampa Bay L
@ Houston W

I think 6-10 is realistic, 8-8 would be a great achievement and give them a shot towards building a playoff challenge the year after.

The Browns will continue to be very competitive, even against good teams, but probably wont have the quality, in depth, to actually beat them.

I dont see them taking a game off either Pittsburgh or Cincy.

I think they will do the double over Baltimore who will be the worst team in the division next year.

NM

clevestinks
04-18-2006, 08:56 AM
v

I think 6-10 is realistic, 8-8 would be a great achievement and give them a shot towards building a playoff challenge the year after.

The Browns will continue to be very competitive, even against good teams, but probably wont have the quality, in depth, to actually beat them.

I dont see them taking a game off either Pittsburgh or Cincy.

I think they will do the double over Baltimore who will be the worst team in the division next year.

NM
I agree and like your prediction. Not to knock the brownies, lOl, but it is a tough division, and a tough overall schedule for a young team

blackvelvet
04-18-2006, 07:24 PM
Who do they think they can beat? Pittsburgh? Denver?:sofunny:

New Orleans and Houston, yes, maybe.

Stlrs4Life
04-18-2006, 09:40 PM
I guess 9 is attainable for them. But doubtful.

SteelerDan43
04-18-2006, 09:43 PM
They may be able to take the first game from Cincy since they will be Palmerless at that pt.

klick81
04-19-2006, 01:46 AM
9 seems like something they may be able to achieve.

j-dawg
04-19-2006, 06:09 AM
ahh... it shall be an interesting season to say the least...

Suitanim
04-19-2006, 09:27 AM
This is ALMOST getting tiresome, but:

OL: Upgraded significantly
WR: Upgraded
TE: (Provided Souljah doesn't get hurt bungie jumping or something) Upgraded
QB: Upgraded (By solidifying their ol, and Frye being in his second year)

DL: Upgraded (An old Ted Washington is better than the stiff they had last year)
LB: Upgraded slightly (added a situational pass rusher where they had none last year)

And they still have 9 draft picks to spend, and will address the front 7 defensively where young guys can have a quick impact.

This translates to a pretty significant upgrade in my book

Tha rock
04-19-2006, 08:48 PM
hell no they dont beat us they barley beat us last season when we had collins and norv no way they even keep up LOL

j-dawg
04-19-2006, 09:05 PM
hell no they dont beat us they barley beat us last season when we had collins and norv no way they even keep up LOL

and we had our rookie q.b. and no braylon edwards... come on... i was at that game... keep up? good stuff... hehehe....

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/veryprofane/6747699.jpg

tony hipchest
04-19-2006, 09:23 PM
hell no they dont beat us they barley beat us last season when we had collins and norv no way they even keep up LOL youre kidding right? collins was a top 10 pick who took carolina to the champ game and the giants to the sb. norv has a few rings and was hired cause he was an offensive genius. (as a coordinator, just not head coach) browns beat you cause they were better on that day.

Suitanim
04-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Hell, the Browns "barley" beat the Faiders last year when both teams were awful, amd now that the Raiders have taken 3 steps back, and the Browns actually made some upgrades, what fools we all are to argue with "Tha Rock" solid logic of this brainiac...

Bwhahahahahahahaha!

boLT fan
04-19-2006, 09:35 PM

And the Browns DIDN'T EVEN SCORE A TOUCHDOWN and the Raiders still lost. :sofunny:

clevestinks
04-20-2006, 11:57 AM
and we had our rookie q.b. and no braylon edwards... come on... i was at that game... keep up? good stuff... hehehe....

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/veryprofane/6747699.jpg
Our rookie QB took us to a 15-1 season!

I`m not sold on Frye, but Edwards is the real deal.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-20-2006, 07:28 PM
v N.O W
@ Cincy W (no palmer)
v Baltimore W
@ Oakland W
@ Carolina L
v Denver L
v NY Jets W
@ San Diego W/L (depends on Rivers development)
@ Atlanta L (Vick will give them fits,and Shuab will pass on em)
v Pittsburgh L
v Cincy L
v Kansas L
@ Pittsburgh L
@ Baltimore W
v Tampa Bay L
@ Houston W/L (hell,Houston beat them last year,and if they have Bush,the Browns are done for)

6 definate losses IMHO with a chance to win 2 more.

j-dawg
04-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Our rookie QB took us to a 15-1 season!

I`m not sold on Frye, but Edwards is the real deal.

yep... Frye has got a lot to prove... Ben had way more talent surrounding him his rookie season... i'm sure you'll agree, a quarterback doesn't win games on his own... he's got to show discipline... Ben's the man in that department.. Frye showed some really good signs of awareness, but also made some bonehead mistakes... all i can do is wait and see...

Suitanim
04-21-2006, 09:44 AM
Frye will be solid.

mymaveric
04-21-2006, 09:48 AM
I think 7-9 is probably their ceiling, and that will depend on Frye, if Edwards can improve and if Joe Jurevicious can duplicate last season. If not, then they'll probably be worse than that.