PDA

View Full Version : COACH SPEAK- which coaches are going where?

tony hipchest
01-05-2011, 12:05 AM
mike mularkey has interviews including the browns.

the panthers are interested in russ grimm and i believe are bringing in ron rivera as well..

hugh jackson will probably replace cable in oakland, although rumor has it al davis has a lil man crush on lane kiffin clone, josh mcdaniels. (he must be thinking he can reverse dumping shanahan to the broncos).

perry fewel (giants) has several interviews lined up (probably just to be in compliance with the rooney rule although he does have interim HC experience).

jim harbaugh is set to meet with the dolphins and his alma mater fired rich rodriguez. (oakland and SF could still be in play).

wade phillips has thrown his hat in the ring for the DC job in houston.

and for the first time in many years, no teams are interested in any patriots coordinators because they simply dont have any. bill belichick and tom brady do it all, including eachother in the butt.

SH-Rock
01-05-2011, 12:32 AM
The Raiders, no Al Davis, is the dumbest person on the planet. He fired Tom Cable who went 6-0 in the division. Maybe he's the second coming of Jon Gruden.

lionslicer
01-05-2011, 01:31 AM
Patriots haven't had any true coordinators since Weis and Crennel left. McDanniels was just a QB coach, Bill didn't want to call plays, so he gave him the job, but he did such a good job he gave him the title OC even though Bill still did all the work and he just called plays lol.
Bill usually gets the linebackers coach to call the plays, though Bill is the true DC.

Pat Shurmur from the Rams is also interviewing in Cleveland
Hugh Jackson has been requested to interview for the job in SanFran, they also hired a new GM

Wallace108
01-05-2011, 02:15 AM
jim harbaugh is set to meet with the dolphins and his alma mater fired rich rodriguez. (oakland and SF could still be in play).

There seems to be some confusion on Rodriguez. Is he or isn't he fired?
-----

ANN ARBOR, Mich. While the Associated Press says Rich Rodriguez has his job for at least another day, the Detroit Free Press is reporting he's out.

The newspaper says that the coach met Tuesday with athletics director Dave Brandon, and that Brandon made the decision to fire him.

The AP says the two will meet again today to discuss Rodriguez's future.
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/article_9e94b105-087f-532c-89a2-4040989b0a98.html

------

Uncertainty hangs over college football's winningest program for another day.
Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez met with athletics director Dave Brandon for several hours Tuesday amid conflicting reports - but no announcement - about Rodriguez's future with the struggling Wolverines.

The Detroit Free Press reported that Brandon had decided to make a change after the program's worst three-year stretch in almost 6 1/2 decades, capped by a 52-14 by Mississippi State in the Gator Bowl on New Year's Day. But the Associated Press, citing a person familiar with the situation, said Brandon hadn't made a decision and he and Rodriguez were to resume talks Wednesday. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the details of the evaluation were supposed to remain confidential.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/01/michigan-rich-rodriguez-future/1?loc=interstitialskip

lionslicer
01-05-2011, 02:19 AM
Cable was today today that the Raiders would not renew his contract...
Best record in 8 seasons and he gets the boot... Shameful.

steeltheone
01-05-2011, 06:30 AM
Cable was today today that the Raiders would not renew his contract...
Best record in 8 seasons and he gets the boot... Shameful.

I feel bad for the guy. He did a great job!

silver & black
01-05-2011, 07:19 AM
I feel bad for the guy. He did a great job!

I bet you don't feel as bad as I do. :shake01:

I figured this would happen, but I was hoping with the sweeping of the division, Cable would get another year. We all knew (Raiders fans) Jackson was the head coach in waiting when he was brought in, so I can't say this was out of left field.

MACH1
01-05-2011, 08:46 AM
mike mularkey has interviews including the browns.

the panthers are interested in russ grimm and i believe are bringing in ron rivera as well..

hugh jackson will probably replace cable in oakland, although rumor has it al davis has a lil man crush on lane kiffin clone, josh mcdaniels. (he must be thinking he can reverse dumping shanahan to the broncos).

perry fewel (giants) has several interviews lined up (probably just to be in compliance with the rooney rule although he does have interim HC experience).

wade phillips has thrown his hat in the ring for the DC job in houston.

and for the first time in many years, no teams are interested in any patriots coordinators because they simply dont have any. bill belichick and tom brady do it all, including eachother in the butt.

I heard a used car salesman said Cowher is going to the clowns. :chuckle:

ricardisimo
01-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Someone needs to explain to me what they're doing in Miami. I have yet to read a single wire claiming in any way that Sparano has been fired, and yet Ross is interviewing Harbaugh, making offers to him and Gruden, etc. Are they hoping to keep Sparano as a contingency plan? What kind of a douchebag operation do they have down there?

lionslicer
01-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Someone needs to explain to me what they're doing in Miami. I have yet to read a single wire claiming in any way that Sparano has been fired, and yet Ross is interviewing Harbaugh, making offers to him and Gruden, etc. Are they hoping to keep Sparano as a contingency plan? What kind of a douchebag operation do they have down there?

Ross wants a more characteristic head coach, like Gruden or Harbaugh. He doesn't have a problem with Sparano's coaching style, just wants to see if he can get the coach he wants, if not Sparano stays.

I don't know if it was mentioned in this thread or another, but Miami wants a lot of control over the team. Thats very hard to sell to high profile coaches like Gruden. Harbaugh might take it though.

lionslicer
01-06-2011, 01:19 PM
In today's coaching news. Garret has been officially named Cowboys head coach.
49ers and Fins both interview Harbaugh.
Wade Phillips is excited to be hired as Texans DC (is this possible? He has no emotions)
Frazier of the Vikings going off on assistant coaches, firing them left and right.
Titans likely to keep Fisher but pretty much fire everyone else

And if anyone was wondering, the teams Cowher has interest in are out of the picture as Texans and Giants kept their coaches and Fins want more power for his liking.

ricardisimo
01-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Interviewing replacements before you've released your current coach is sleazy. It also tells your prospective hires a lot about how they are going to be treated. Let Sparano shop himself around as well.

wutchy
01-07-2011, 12:53 PM
I heard a used car salesman said Cowher is going to the clowns. :chuckle:

The "clowns" wouldn't be so funny if they hired Dom Capers as Head Coach, and Tom Cable as OC. Would they.

lionslicer
01-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Well been a while since anyone said anything here.

Cable is going to the seahawks as an OL coach, Mike Singletary is going to the Vikings as a special teams coach, and McDaniels will be the OC of the Rams.

Fox is head coach of the broncos