PDA

View Full Version : A great quote!

clevestinks
04-18-2006, 07:42 AM
I don`t remember seeing this posted already. Steelers fans be proud, pat yourselves on the back. When the players appreciate you, its all worth it!

QUOTE TO NOTE: "They started to understand what it is to be a Steelers fan, and I think they got a pretty good conception of the fact that the Steelers are truly a world-renowned team." -- Steelers T Max Starks, on a USO tour overseas with two other NFL players

Haiku_Dirtt
04-18-2006, 04:37 PM
I don`t remember seeing this posted already. Steelers fans be proud, pat yourselves on the back. When the players appreciate you, its all worth it!

QUOTE TO NOTE: "They started to understand what it is to be a Steelers fan, and I think they got a pretty good conception of the fact that the Steelers are truly a world-renowned team." -- Steelers T Max Starks, on a USO tour overseas with two other NFL players

He is touring with Seattle Seahawk Bryce Fisher and Falcon Patrick Kerney . I think Fisher was getting sick to his stomach from all the love love Max was getting worldwide. :sofunny:

RoethlisBURGHer
04-18-2006, 06:13 PM
He is touring with Seattle Seahawk Bryce Fisher and Falcon Patrick Kerney . I think Fisher was getting sick to his stomach from all the love love Max was getting worldwide. :sofunny:

Seattle has the "12th Man" moniker (if Texas A&M doesn't win the lawsuit) but hell...most teams can say they have a "12th Man" when at thier home field.I know for a fact we can say that,the Colts can say that,even the Clowns can say that at times.

But outside of Seattle,do you ever see a Seahawks jersey?Very rarley,and normally the person wearing it isn't a fan of the team at all.

The Seagulls will never have the world-wide recognition the Steelers do,except for being to team we beat to win our 5th Super Bowl.

HburgXL06
04-18-2006, 06:18 PM
People think we are just hypin ourselves or blowin smoke when we talk about "The Steelers Nation" but the fact is that we are a nation of fans that now is growin internationally. It's evident in the fans we have here from other nations and from soldiers and others around the world. Who cares about one extra man when you can have the population of a nation backin your team. Peace.

BuFu

Hammer67
04-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Seattle has the "12th Man" moniker (if Texas A&M doesn't win the lawsuit) but hell...most teams can say they have a "12th Man" when at thier home field.I know for a fact we can say that,the Colts can say that,even the Clowns can say that at times.

But outside of Seattle,do you ever see a Seahawks jersey?Very rarley,and normally the person wearing it isn't a fan of the team at all.

The Seagulls will never have the world-wide recognition the Steelers do,except for being to team we beat to win our 5th Super Bowl.

Isn't being a Cleveland Indian fan and a Steeler fan at the same time break some moral code or something??:uhh: :laughing:

RoethlisBURGHer
04-18-2006, 06:25 PM
Isn't being a Cleveland Indian fan and a Steeler fan at the same time break some moral code or something??:uhh: :laughing:

LOL not at all.I am also a Cavs fan and a Buckeyes fan.

I was raised to be a Steelers fan,I got my choice on other sports (btw,I am a Pens fan).

Pirates aren't on enough over here to be into them and Pittsburgh doesn't have an NBA team.And unfortunatley,if the Pens don't get a new arena they might now have a NHL team either.

clevestinks
04-18-2006, 06:30 PM
LOL not at all.I am also a Cavs fan and a Buckeyes fan.

I was raised to be a Steelers fan,I got my choice on other sports (btw,I am a Pens fan).

Pirates aren't on enough over here to be into them and Pittsburgh doesn't have an NBA team.And unfortunatley,if the Pens don't get a new arena they might now have a NHL team either.
I hope you thank whomever it was that raised you a Steelers fan!

RoethlisBURGHer
04-18-2006, 06:32 PM
I hope you thank whomever it was that raised you a Steelers fan!

LOL I thank my Grandpa every single time I see him.

Because yeah,with my other teams it's been nothing but suffering...even with the Steelers for a while.

clevestinks
04-18-2006, 06:39 PM
LOL I thank my Grandpa every single time I see him.

Because yeah,with my other teams it's been nothing but suffering...even with the Steelers for a while.
Aint no suffering , no more! LOL, Now your living large in cleveland! :bouncy:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-19-2006, 04:20 PM
The love that Hines was given in Korea, and all the support Max got on his USO tour.. Just makes you even more proud to be a Steelers fan !! :tt02:

BBC
04-19-2006, 04:23 PM

I'm sure lots of people world wide are Seahawks fans, they get all of the Seahawks Super Bowl XL Champs Shirts ;)