PDA

View Full Version : "Just how intimidating is James Harrison"?

tony hipchest
01-05-2011, 11:47 AM
brilliant observation and analysis from craig wofley in one of the best blogs out there-

Everybody’s Got A Plan

http://craigwolfley.com/2011/01/everybodys-got-a-plan/

During the Browns game last Sunday, a play began to unfold in front of me as i watched from the sidelines with a great deal of interest. Browns WR Mohammad Massaquoi was split towards the Steelers sidelines and began with much verve to go in motion towards the outside LB of the Steelers James Harrison.

Harrison, from his two-point upright stance outside of the Browns OT Joe Thomas, was looking into the backfield of the Brownies. Obviously a crack-back block was about to be initiated by Massaquoi on the apparently unsuspecting Harrison.

Just heartbeats before the snap of the ball, as if with Samurai-like sixth sense, Harrison suddenly turned his head towards the sidelines and his eyes locked on the approaching attempted blindside hit by Massaquoi.

When Massaquoi saw that he was “outed” on his blindside hit, all the conviction that was there just seconds ago to go in and drill the Silverback apparently ran like water out of Massaquoi.

The confident stride of Massaquoi turned to a bumbling, stumbling last few steps under the glare of Harrison and Massaquoi got called for illegal motion because he mis-timed the snap count. It was like watching a confident Fred Astaire dance turn into a “Nutty Professor” Jerry Lewis toe-tap.

Do you think at the start of going in motion Mohammad thought about the October 17th hit at Heinz Field and was looking for a little payback? And is it also possible that James’ hit on Massaquoi left an “impression” that won’t soon be forgotten by Mohammad?

In the immortal words of boxing great George Foreman, “Everybody’s got a plan until they get hit with the right hand.”

James fed Massaquoi the ”Right hand” at Heinz Field, and in the re-match at Cleveland Browns stadium, he didn’t even have to do that.

:applaudit: = OWNED!

grward
01-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Great read! Amazing how Harrison had the instinct to look MoMass's way. I love the break down and would really love to see the film on that one! Thanks for sharing.

Merchant
01-05-2011, 12:57 PM
ahahaha... Harrison >>>>

Can anyone get a clip of this play?

Steeldude
01-06-2011, 02:24 PM
now where are those fans who feverishly insulted me for saying harrison will be a far better LB than the overrated porter? it reminded me of the days when ignorant fans said kordell cannot be replaced/upgraded.

Shtillers
01-06-2011, 02:35 PM
ahahaha... Harrison >>>>

Can anyone get a clip of this play?

same here. I looked on youtube (that's where I find all my favorite Hines Ward - Ed Reed blocks)

SteelCityMom
01-06-2011, 02:38 PM
JthXa87W24I

TRH
01-06-2011, 02:39 PM
now where are those fans who feverishly insulted me for saying harrison will be a far better LB than the overrated porter? it reminded me of the days when ignorant fans said kordell cannot be replaced/upgraded.

i agree with you. I thought Porter was over-rated and was glad to see him go...i didn't want the team spending big $$$$ on him

sarahpalinhater
01-06-2011, 02:48 PM
How Intimidating ?...enough to slap around a 125 Lb woman! But yet, he, even though PROVEN Guilty was never suspended by the Rooney's. But Ben, who was never charged, Inticted, or even questioned was suspended,,and ridiculed by the Rooney's!

Can you all say MAJOR Hypocrites ?

StainlessStill
01-06-2011, 03:17 PM
Dude's pretty intimidating but at the same time is cool as hell and is a big joke-ster.

Over the past couple years, he was one of the biggest names at that Steelers basketball event communities hold. He had so much fun, lifting all the small women basketball players on his shoulders so they can dunk and laughing and having a great time. I was walking in and he was going in the locker room. I gave a "Silverback!" with my high five extended. He glared at me, lifted up his hand and gave me a good one. Made my night haha.

SteelCityMom
01-06-2011, 03:21 PM
How Intimidating ?...enough to slap around a 125 Lb woman! But yet, he, even though PROVEN Guilty was never suspended by the Rooney's. But Ben, who was never charged, Inticted, or even questioned was suspended,,and ridiculed by the Rooney's!

Ben was never suspended by the Rooney's either. :coffee:

theplatypus
01-06-2011, 03:25 PM

Actually he wasn't convicted all charges were dropped against Harrison. Ben was indeed questioned, nor was he ridiculed by the Rooney's. Your Fitzgerald to Steelers thread is starting too make a little more sense now.

wootawnee
01-06-2011, 04:16 PM

Porter was a mean ole barking dog......Debo is a Lion...........Big difference.......

grward
01-06-2011, 04:19 PM
So no one has a clip of this play?

sarahpalinhater
01-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Ben was never suspended by the Rooney's either. :coffee:

No he wasn't. But Art Rooney Jr did say that if the league doesn't suspend him,,,that the Steeler organazation would. e.g.,,,the same thing. As where Harrison pled guilty of assault,,and was never even publically called out by the Rooney's. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Harrison is a seriel woman beater. And he did say he was sorry. But it is still hypocritical of the Rooney's to publically call out Ben for NO crime,,,just
public accusations, and suspend Santonio Holmes,,and not do anything to Harrison, or ever do anything to LT Marvel Smith, who failed not one, but two drug tests as a steeler, and two while in college as well.

So I guess the rules don't apply to everyone. And that makes Art Jr a Hypocrite.

StainlessStill
01-06-2011, 05:38 PM
No he wasn't. But Art Rooney Jr did say that if the league doesn't suspend him,,,that the Steeler organazation would. e.g.,,,the same thing. As where Harrison pled guilty of assault,,and was never even publically called out by the Rooney's. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Harrison is a seriel woman beater. And he did say he was sorry. But it is still hypocritical of the Rooney's to publically call out Ben for NO crime,,,just
public accusations, and suspend Santonio Holmes,,and not do anything to Harrison, or ever do anything to LT Marvel Smith, who failed not one, but two drug tests as a steeler, and two while in college as well.

So I guess the rules don't apply to everyone. And that makes Art Jr a Hypocrite.

Wasn't Harrison arrested? Which means he dealt his time and was dealt his Justice. Santonio (serving in court/suspension) and Ben (suspension) were never arrested so the Rooney's took action accordingly. Three different things.

sarahpalinhater
01-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Wasn't Harrison arrested? Which means he dealt his time and was dealt his Justice. Santonio (serving in court/suspension) and Ben (suspension) were never arrested so the Rooney's took action accordingly. Three different things.

First off, Rooney made his angry public claims on how Ben would be suspended if the league did not way way way before any Investigation into the matter was finished. There for Art Rooney was making a decision before ANY facts came about. Also, the Santonio suspension was not even warrented by the league. It was a personal thing by the Rooney's...I mean Santonio was paid for that suspended game. So, not doing it to the likes of Harrison, or in the past to players like M.Smith, or Bam Morris is just hypocritical. I mean get over it. I am right here.

StainlessStill
01-06-2011, 05:48 PM
First off, Rooney made his angry public claims on how Ben would be suspended if the league did not way way way before any Investigation into the matter was finished. There for Art Rooney was making a decision before ANY facts came about. Also, the Santonio suspension was not even warrented by the league. It was a personal thing by the Rooney's...I mean Santonio was paid for that suspended game. So, not doing it to the likes of Harrison, or in the past to players like M.Smith, or Bam Morris is just hypocritical. I mean get over it. I am right here.

Huh? Cool story, bro.:thumbsup:

SteelCityMom
01-06-2011, 06:14 PM

James never actually plead guilty. He completed an anger management course before his hearing and his girlfriend didn't want to prosecute, so the case was dropped.

And I'm not saying Ben did anything, but there's a huge difference between slapping a girl and being accused of sexual assault twice. Keep in mind as well, the Rooneys didn't say or do anything about the first accusation. I think they were more reacting to the fact that he had been accused (more seriously) a second time.

They also didn't suspend Holmes. He was deactivated for a game...and that was Tomlin's decision, not the Rooney's.

sarahpalinhater
01-06-2011, 06:24 PM
James never actually plead guilty. He completed an anger management course before his hearing and his girlfriend didn't want to prosecute, so the case was dropped.

And I'm not saying Ben did anything, but there's a huge difference between slapping a girl and being accused of sexual assault twice. Keep in mind as well, the Rooneys didn't say or do anything about the first accusation. I think they were more reacting to the fact that he had been accused (more seriously) a second time.

They also didn't suspend Holmes. He was deactivated for a game...and that was Tomlin's decision, not the Rooney's.

Holmes was " Benched " suspended, deactivated,,call it what you want. The bottom line was it was because of his pot possesion.

In 2008, Holmes admitted having two blunts and showed police where they were during a traffic stop, according to a Pittsburgh police report. He was cited for marijuana possession and benched for a game against the New York Giants. The misdemeanor drug charge was dropped a few months later.

theplatypus
01-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Holmes was " Benched " suspended, deactivated,,call it what you want. The bottom line was it was because of his pot possesion.

In 2008, Holmes admitted having two blunts and showed police where they were during a traffic stop, according to a Pittsburgh police report. He was cited for marijuana possession and benched for a game against the New York Giants. The misdemeanor drug charge was dropped a few months later.

Again a misdemeanor, that's a far cry from two allegations of sexual assault.

sarahpalinhater
01-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Again a misdemeanor, that's a far cry from two allegations of sexual assault.

You need to learn the difference between alligations,,and ACTUAL Arrests, and being convicted. The first alligation was never even reported. And the second was filled with so many Inconsistencies that the GBI totally laughed it off. Try reading their actual reports. Hell, I can accuse you of pinching my A$$ in a public Bathroom. And if you were a famous Athlete, that would be all over the news and radio shows...so, just because you are famous, and it gets reported is good enough for a suspension ?

Ridiculous!

Fire Haley
01-06-2011, 07:29 PM
In the immortal words of boxing great George Foreman, “Everybody’s got a plan until they get hit with the right hand.”

Intimidation.

That's what Lord Goodell wants to legislate out of the game.

That's why I hate him.

StainlessStill
01-06-2011, 07:39 PM
You need to learn the difference between alligations,,and ACTUAL Arrests, and being convicted. The first alligation was never even reported. And the second was filled with so many Inconsistencies that the GBI totally laughed it off. Try reading their actual reports. Hell, I can accuse you of pinching my A$$ in a public Bathroom. And if you were a famous Athlete, that would be all over the news and radio shows...so, just because you are famous, and it gets reported is good enough for a suspension ?

Ridiculous!

DownByLaw, is that you?:blah::applaudit:

USWSteel
01-06-2011, 08:26 PM

Ridiculous!
Funny , I didnt see anyone laughing in Georgia. Actually Ben looking ready to piss himself. I think he thought he finally got busted .

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-06-2011, 10:06 PM
i agree with you. I thought Porter was over-rated and was glad to see him go...i didn't want the team spending big $$$$ on him

Blasphemy. Peezy was the man. I bet you loved him just fine when he was wearing a black and gold uniform....

Also, not sure how you can call Porter "overrated". Besides being a beast on the field, we also gained his lockerroom presence and veteran/vocal leadership. But like so many great Steelers before him, our team just does not keep high-priced superstar veterans around, unless they are something REALLY special to the franchise (like my boy, Ward).

A small part of me died everytime I had to see Peezy in any uniform other than black and gold.

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Funny , I didnt see anyone laughing in Georgia. Actually Ben looking ready to piss himself. I think he thought he finally got busted .

The reason they weren't laughing in Goergia is because that DA was running for public office at the time, and this case would have been his ticket into the big leagues. He wanted that case the way most of us guys crave pxssy.

The fact that he could not come up with enough evidence to press criminal charges is pretty telltale. All he had left was to drop a sour grapes "he is immature" on Ben the way he did.....sour grapes.

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-06-2011, 10:10 PM
DownByLaw, is that you?:blah::applaudit:

Nah, DOWNBYLAW was always bagging on Ben, he never defended him in these discussions.

Fire Haley
01-06-2011, 10:10 PM
DownByLaw, is that you?

Another one must have escaped the sky net,

tony hipchest
01-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Intimidation.

That's what Lord Goodell wants to legislate out of the game.

That's why I hate him. thank you. :applaudit:

i almost forgot what my awesome thread was about with all these people trying to take a big ben crap in it. :poop:

lionslicer
01-06-2011, 10:18 PM
He obviously isn't as intimidating as Woodley since he never got a fine for "tackling a player in an intimidating fashion"

grward
01-07-2011, 08:54 AM
He obviously isn't as intimidating as Woodley since he never got a fine for "tackling a player in an intimidating fashion"

No kidding? I missed that. Is that really what he was fined for? Tell me they didn't use that terminology. What a joke our league is turning into!

lionslicer
01-07-2011, 09:56 AM
No kidding? I missed that. Is that really what he was fined for? Tell me they didn't use that terminology. What a joke our league is turning into!

http://www.steelersdaily.com/blogs/NFL-Fines-LaMarr-Woodley-for-Sacking-Jason-Campbell-in-Intimidating-Manner.php

Its from the 2008 game against the Redskins

zulater
01-07-2011, 10:55 AM

Can you say, let it go? :doh:

TRH
01-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Blasphemy. Peezy was the man. I bet you loved him just fine when he was wearing a black and gold uniform....

Also, not sure how you can call Porter "overrated". Besides being a beast on the field, we also gained his lockerroom presence and veteran/vocal leadership. But like so many great Steelers before him, our team just does not keep high-priced superstar veterans around, unless they are something REALLY special to the franchise (like my boy, Ward).

A small part of me died everytime I had to see Peezy in any uniform other than black and gold.

Porter, you're right, was a good player. But no, i really didn't love him when he was in black and gold. He just wasn't one of my favorites....maybe yours, but not mine....I much prefer the crew we have now.

Steeldude
01-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Porter was a mean ole barking dog......Debo is a Lion...........Big difference.......

you mean porter was all bark and no bite :chuckle:

wootawnee
01-08-2011, 04:12 AM
you mean porter was all bark and no bite :chuckle:

U know....:chuckle: