PDA

View Full Version : Pats a lock for Lombardi #4?

Hayeksheroes
01-05-2011, 01:34 PM
The patriots are playing out of this world football. The Brady's offense is shredding top rated defenses like cheap mozzarella. Bears, Steelers Jets, Ravens. Not even a Chicago blizzard slowed the Pats down. Brady is doing it without the big guns. He not longer has the deep threat of moss or a premier running back. He does have a great offensive line, mosquito like receivers with stickum for hands, and keen eye for reading defenses.

The keys to defeating the Pats will be to keep the high octane offense on the sidelines. Playing up on the line and knocking the stuffing out of Welker and Woodhead in the five yard zone. Putting DB's on Welker and Woodhead. The LB's can't cover these guys. So stop trying. Put Timmons and Polamalu on Hernadez and Gronkowski. Taylor on Branch. LeBeau will need to lay traps with Keisel, Hampton and Smith. They need to drop back into short zones and flats.

tony hipchest
01-05-2011, 01:37 PM
thread removed from steelers main forum.

im not even going to leave a redirect to these threads anymore. patriot threads either belong in the NFL Forum or on a patriots messageboard. :dang:

steelerchad
01-05-2011, 02:42 PM
They're not nearly the lock they were in 2007 and we know how that worked out for them. I'm of the belief that this positive turnover situation they've been in is about to end. Their defense has been living on the turnover. If they run into a team that is able to take care of the ball, I'm not sure their D is good enough to stop a playoff caliber O.

sarahpalinhater
01-05-2011, 02:58 PM
How did they do against the Browns ?

Nuff said!

TRH
01-05-2011, 03:56 PM
yeah, this subject is getting VERY tired.
If you watch ESPN and all the other sports/NFL shows, its about all the same. They already have the games played and the SB has been won already by NE.
I'm starting to bank my money that they'll get knocked off. You watch...

jacksolomon
01-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Weren't they a "lock" in 2007 too? There's a reason they play the games.

steeltheone
01-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Never Know but my money is on them. Id love to be wrong and lose it! Go Steelers!

lionslicer
01-05-2011, 04:40 PM
How did they do against the Browns ?

Nuff said!

How have they done since that game?
NUFF SAID.

lol

But anyways, its not fair to other teams in the playoffs to really say that team will win. They pretty much proved in 2007 just because you were amazing in th regular season doesn't mean you're unstoppable.