PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben top 5 in passer rating again

steelerchad
01-05-2011, 01:53 PM
For the 5th time in his 7 year career Ben has finished the season in the top 5 in passing efficiency. No QB has done it more since Ben has been in the league. Since 04 here are the notables.

Manning - 5 times
Brees - 4 times
Rivers - 3 times
Brady - 2 times

side note for Booby Jr., Flacco has yet to finish in the top 5 and has only finished in the top 12 once. This year finishing 7th. I know he's only been in the league 3 years, but Ben finished in the top 5 twice in his first 3 years. Flacco is a good QB, but he's well behind schedule if he wants to be the best QB in the AFC North.

thumper
01-05-2011, 02:32 PM
That's nice icing and all, but if Ben wins another ring, that speaks
louder than any passer rating will.

bobby jr
01-05-2011, 02:59 PM
For the 5th time in his 7 year career Ben has finished the season in the top 5 in passing efficiency. No QB has done it more since Ben has been in the league. Since 04 here are the notables.

Manning - 5 times
Brees - 4 times
Rivers - 3 times
Brady - 2 times

side note for Booby Jr., Flacco has yet to finish in the top 5 and has only finished in the top 12 once. This year finishing 7th. I know he's only been in the league 3 years, but Ben finished in the top 5 twice in his first 3 years. Flacco is a good QB, but he's well behind schedule if he wants to be the best QB in the AFC North.

Well Flacco was ahead of Ben going into the last game in QB ratings. For some reason Joe couldn't figure out Cincinnati this year, throw out those two games and he'd be one of the top. Maybe our old coach Marvin Lewis has our number, even though he can't beat anyone else besides the Ravens.

Flacco also finished ahead of Manning and Drew Brees this year. Perhaps Joe is not quite an elite QB yet, but he is pretty close to one now.

Finishing in the "top 5" is a somewhat arbitrary way of measuring a QB. I'd say there's not that much difference between number 5 and 7. With the Ravens revamped receiving corps and Ray Rice, I have to give the Ravens the edge in the playoffs should the two teams meet again. . I'd say the QB's are about a draw, but the Ravens have the edge with greater offensive talent.

sarahpalinhater
01-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Well Flacco was ahead of Ben going into the last game in QB ratings. For some reason Joe couldn't figure out Cincinnati this year, throw out those two games and he'd be one of the top. Maybe our old coach Marvin Lewis has our number, even though he can't beat anyone else besides the Ravens.

Flacco also finished ahead of Manning and Drew Brees this year. Perhaps Joe is not quite an elite QB yet, but he is pretty close to one now.

Finishing in the "top 5" is a somewhat arbitrary way of measuring a QB. I'd say there's not that much difference between number 5 and 7. With the Ravens revamped receiving corps and Ray Rice, I have to give the Ravens the edge in the playoffs should the two teams meet again. . I'd say the QB's are about a draw, but the Ravens have the edge with greater offensive talent.

Greater advantage ? Based on what ? The fact that our QB is better ? Our defense is alot better ? Our offense is ranked higher ?.....what ? :rofl:

Laughable.

bobby jr
01-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Greater advantage ? Based on what ? The fact that our QB is better ? Our defense is alot better ? Our offense is ranked higher ?.....what ? :rofl:

Laughable.

Did you read my post? I said the difference between #7 and #5 is not that great, and their ratings are pretty close numerically too this year. Ben had the edge when Flacco was a rookie but no longer.
Flacco was actually ranked higher going into the last week.

I also don't think the Steelers defense is "a lot better" than the Ravens. The Ravens D held the Steelers in check both times this year. And the Steelers scored one point less with Ben as QB compared to Batch so Ben's presence or absence didn't seem to matter much in those two games.

One of the turning points of Flacco's career was when he led the Ravens to that dramatic game winning TD in Pittsburgh in October this year. That erased all doubt that he can beat the Steelers. Of course he still has to do it in the playoffs but at least he has already proven himself and gotten that out of the way. He silenced the crowd at Heinz field and proved that he can come through in the clutch against the Steelers, turning a close loss into an important Ravens victory.

sarahpalinhater
01-05-2011, 03:16 PM
How many times has Flacco beaten Ben in games between the two teams ? And also, you can attempt to spin it however you like, but Pittsburgh had the leagues BEST scoring defense. The MOST Sacks, and gave up less Yds a game. They also ranked higher in Offense as well.

And THAT is.......the Bottom Line

grward
01-05-2011, 03:20 PM

You are one warped dude. You want to throw out 2 of Flacco's games b/c they were bad ... ok, then lets throw out two of Ben's worse games. I'm sure you want to be fair, right?

As if this wasn't stupid enough, you are eager to point out that Flacco would have been better if it weren't for the Bungholes, then you switch gears and try to claim this isn't a indication of a good QB. Which is it Booby? Do you or do you not think the QB rating is linked to an elite QB? Freaking fence-sitter.

And did you REALLY compare the Ratbirds receiving corps to our group of guys? Wow!

Not sure why anyone even responds to your posts, including myself. It's almost like a bad car wreck ... you don't want to look but you do anyhow.

bobby jr
01-05-2011, 03:22 PM
How many times has Flacco beaten Ben in games between the two teams ? And also, you can attempt to spin it however you like, but Pittsburgh had the leagues BEST scoring defense. The MOST Sacks, and gave up less Yds a game. They also ranked higher in Offense as well.

And THAT is.......the Bottom Line

When I read my mutual fund prospectus, it says something about past performance does not guarantee future results. The victories Ben has over the Ravens were close and hard fought. One of them was highly controversal when the refs gave the Steelers a last minute TD on replay, when all the commentators said it was a mistake.

The Ravens are not intimidated by Ben its not like he dominated them with blowouts.

The Steelers do have a good defense, possibly better than the Ravens, but not by much. The Steelers showed they were vulnerable to passing attacks in the 2nd half of the Saints game and also against the Patriots. The Ravens defense gave up some big plays but they were never lit up and blown out like that. The Ravens have been in every game this year.

steelerchad
01-05-2011, 03:24 PM

I called you out since I figured you were still lurking around reading posts on the site. You seem to have an obsession and hatred for the Steelers and I can't blame you. The Steelers have been the Ravens road block for most of their existence. If we end up playing I have no doubt it will be a hard fought, physical game. We are waiting on our bye week, so your team has to do it's part first. If you get by the Chiefs you may get your shot. If you end up playing the Patriots, I'll wish you luck since I have tickets for the championship. At that point, I hope we both win to force the rubber match at Heinz Field.
We outclassed the Ravens in that game as the final score wasn't a true measure of how one sided that game was. I think this matchup will be closer, but I still give us the edge overall. Being at home, even more so.

plenewken
01-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Did you read my post? I said the difference between #7 and #5 is not that great, and their ratings are pretty close numerically too this year. Ben had the edge when Flacco was a rookie but no longer.

I also don't think the Steelers defense is "a lot better" than the Ravens. The Ravens D held the Steelers in check both times this year. And the Steelers scored one point less with Ben as QB compared to Batch so Ben's presence or absence didn't seem to matter much in those two games.

One of the turning points of Flacco's career was when he led the Ravens to that dramatic game winning TD in Pittsburgh in October this year. That erased all doubt that he can beat the Steelers. Of course he still has to do it in the playoffs but at least he has already proven himself and gotten that out of the way. He silenced the crowd at Heinz field and proved that he can come through in the clutch against the Steelers, turning a close loss into an important Ravens victory.

What the f*ck are you talking about? Fluko could hardly beat us when Ben was suspended.
My money is on the Chiefs. Nothing would please me more than the Baltimore Browns being sent packing this weekend and you leaving this Forum.

grward
01-05-2011, 03:26 PM
One of the turning points of Flacco's career was when he led the Ravens to that dramatic game winning TD in Pittsburgh in October this year. That erased all doubt that he can beat the Steelers.

I'm sorry, I'm confused ... I thought Flacco threw the ball into the turf on his last passing attempt in the last game the Ratbirds and Steelers played. Did I miss something? Apparently the doubt wasn't really erased, now was it BOOBY?

Third Rail
01-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Joe has played in 5 playoff games and has completed less than 50% of his passes with 6 interceptions and 1 TD. 57 Completions / 120 Attempts (47.5%) for 660 yds.

Yeah, he really shows up when it counts.

steelcity1974
01-05-2011, 03:40 PM
For some reason Joe couldn't figure out Cincinnati this year, throw out those two games and he'd be one of the top.

And I'd like to be pimps from Oakland or cowboys from Arizona. But it's not Halloween. Grow up Peter Pan...Count Chocula.

cloppbeast
01-05-2011, 03:40 PM
When I read my mutual fund prospectus, it says something about past performance does not guarantee future results. The victories Ben has over the Ravens were close and hard fought. One of them was highly controversal when the refs gave the Steelers a last minute TD on replay, when all the commentators said it was a mistake.

I can tell you're a Ravens fan. Can't have a football discussion with a Ravens fan without the officials being mentioned......

Anyway, that was a controversial call, I'll give you that. Some ppl thought it was in, others thought it wasn't. Either way, it wasn't by more than a millimeter. The call could have went either way.

I'm not sure what down it was, or how much time was left, but I suspect that the Steelers would have run another play from the 1-inch line and more than likely made it in.

The Steelers do have a good defense, possibly better than the Ravens, but not by much. The Steelers showed they were vulnerable to passing attacks in the 2nd half of the Saints game and also against the Patriots. The Ravens defense gave up some big plays but they were never lit up and blown out like that. The Ravens have been in every game this year.

The Steelers aren't as vulnerable to the pass as you imply. They gave up some yards against 2 of the best quarterbacks in the league and against teams that refused to run the ball. Of course they'll give up passing yards.

The important thing to take away from the Saints game is that they still gave up only 20 points to the 6th ranked offense.

As for the Patriots, they've always been a match-up problem for the Steelers. Tom Brady just has their number.

Guess what: Tom Brady doesn't play for the Ravens!

bobby jr
01-05-2011, 03:43 PM
[QUOTE=cloppbeast;888477]I can tell you're a Ravens fan. Can't have a football discussion with a Ravens fan without the officials being mentioned......

Anyway, that was a controversial call, I'll give you that. Some ppl thought it was in, others thought it wasn't. Either way, it wasn't by more than a millimeter. The call could have went either way.

I'm not sure what down it was, or how much time was left, but I suspect that the Steelers would have run another play from the 1-inch line and more than likely made it in.

QUOTE]

It would have been 4th and goal and the Steelers would have had to either go for the TD to win, or kick a FG to tie, as I recall. Instead the officials decided the game by awarding the Steelers a TD even though their was no visual proof of a TD.

bobby jr
01-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Joe has played in 5 playoff games and has completed less than 50% of his passes with 6 interceptions and 1 TD. 57 Completions / 120 Attempts (47.5%) for 660 yds.

Sometimes you don't need to pass well, when your team is well out in front like the NE game last year. The important thing is the "W".

Joe couldn't be that bad in the playoffs because he took his team to the AFC Championship game with two playoff wins two years ago, then the Ravens soundly spanked New England on the road last year in the first round.

cloppbeast
01-05-2011, 03:48 PM
It would have been 4th and goal and the Steelers would have had to either go for the TD to win, or kick a FG to tie, as I recall. Instead the officials decided the game by awarding the Steelers a TD even though their was no visual proof of a TD.

It was called a TD on the field, so they didn't 'give' the Steelers a TD. They just decided not to take one away.

MDSteel15
01-05-2011, 03:49 PM

And for that it must mean there was no visual proof to overturn the ruling!!! SHUT UP!

bobby jr
01-05-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm sorry, I'm confused ... I thought Flacco threw the ball into the turf on his last passing attempt in the last game the Ratbirds and Steelers played. Did I miss something? Apparently the doubt wasn't really erased, now was it BOOBY?

Come on just because he won that Steelers game doesn't guarantee he will always beat them from that point on.

As I recall the pass Joe threw into the turf there was a Pittsburgh rusher which influenced that throw it wasn't like he just missed a wide open receiver with no rush in his face.

Ben had the chance beat the Jets on the 10 yard line but neither of his last two passes gave his receivers a chance. Nobody is perfect.

But Flacco proved he can beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh by taking his team for a game winning TD with no timeouts left and that was a big milestone.

bobby jr
01-05-2011, 03:54 PM
It was called a TD on the field, so they didn't 'give' the Steelers a TD. They just decided not to take one away.

No it was called a stop on the field, on the 1/2 foot line. then they awarded the Steelers a TD after reviewing the replays. That was why all the commentators said it was a terrible call, they said there was no proof one way or the other, and the call on the field should have stood. You could not tell from the angles whether he had broken the end zone plane or not.

TRH
01-05-2011, 04:00 PM

man, you have an excuse for everything, don't you...

TRH
01-05-2011, 04:02 PM

Flacco plays well when he's well-protected. When he's blitzed he stinks...he can't handle pressure at ALL.
Congrats to Ben....proven one of the most consistent QB's in the game. I'd never trade Ben for Flacco or really for any of those others and i'm glad he's our QB

SteelCityMom
01-05-2011, 04:05 PM
No it was called a stop on the field, on the 1/2 foot line. then they awarded the Steelers a TD after reviewing the replays. That was why all the commentators said it was a terrible call, they said there was no proof one way or the other, and the call on the field should have stood. You could not tell from the angles whether he had broken the end zone plane or not.

Ummm...it was called a TD on the field. I know you want to do everything humanly possible to forget that play, but it's true. It was initially called a TD and there was not enough evidence to overturn it.

If you don't believe me, and think the commentators (Nantz and Simms) said there was no TD call and that the no TD call should have stood, then maybe you should hear them talk about the TD call on the field being upheld in their postgame wrap-up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulSlQeu6vac

jacksolomon
01-05-2011, 04:06 PM
But Flacco proved he can beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh by taking his team for a game winning TD with no timeouts left and that was a big milestone.

Yes, but it's too bad the Steelers won't be starting their 4th string QB every time, huh?

ricardisimo
01-05-2011, 04:06 PM
People who dismiss passer rating tend not to have a QB with a high rating on their team. Seven of the top ten QBs in passer rating, and nine of the top twelve are in the playoffs right now. Two that didn't make it (Josh Freeman and Phillip Rivers) came exceptionally close. These aren't coincidences.

If your point is that being ranked seventh is good enough, we'll see. My perception is that Flacco is competent in the regular season, and a postseason choker. His playoff passer rating is 46.5. Let's see if that gets any better this year. I kind of doubt it.

jacksolomon
01-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Joe couldn't be that bad in the playoffs because he took his team to the AFC Championship game with two playoff wins two years ago, then the Ravens soundly spanked New England on the road last year in the first round.

4/10 for 34 yards and 1 INT. The only thing Flacco did against NE last year was not screw up and singlehandedly lose the game. He did next to nothing to influence that win. It was all Rice and the defense.

Third Rail
01-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Sometimes you don't need to pass well, when your team is well out in front like the NE game last year. The important thing is the "W".

2008-09:

Stats in Dolphins game: 9-23, 135 yards

Stats in Titans game: 11-22, 148 yards, 1 TD

Stats from AFC Championship Game against the Steelers:13-30 for 141 yards, 3 INTs and 3 sacks.

2009-10:

Stats from the Pats game: 4-10 for 34 yards and 1 INT.

Stats from Colts game: 20-35 for 189 yards and 2 INTs.

Yeah, total stud you got there.

steeltheone
01-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Flacco has not made that big step from good QB to Franchise QB.

lionslicer
01-05-2011, 05:02 PM
To be fair to bobby, Ben bearly made it into the top 5... Flacco is only like 2 points down.

But if you take into account that Ben doesn't have blocking and makes a lot of passes while running for his life, and Flacco has a very good line, but still can't get a higher rating that Ben shows that Ben is the better NFL quarterback.

Flacco is def a franchise QB in Baltimore though if you look at their history with Quarterbacks... lol

plenewken
01-05-2011, 05:16 PM
2008-09:

Stats in Dolphins game: 9-23, 135 yards

Stats in Titans game: 11-22, 148 yards, 1 TD

Stats from AFC Championship Game against the Steelers:13-30 for 141 yards, 3 INTs and 3 sacks.

2009-10:

Stats from the Pats game: 4-10 for 34 yards and 1 INT.

Stats from Colts game: 20-35 for 189 yards and 2 INTs.

Yeah, total stud you got there.

LMAO. Booby Jr is absolutely pathetic.

steelerjim58
01-05-2011, 05:34 PM
[One of the turning points of Flacco's career was when he led the Ravens to that dramatic game winning TD in Pittsburgh in October this year. That erased all doubt that he can beat the Steelers. Of course he still has to do it in the playoffs but at least he has already proven himself and gotten that out of the way. He silenced the crowd at Heinz field and proved that he can come through in the clutch against the Steelers, turning a close loss into an important Ravens victory.[/QUOTE]

The "dramatic game winning td" as you call it, came from a possession that started at the Steelers 40 yard line, with plenty if time on the clock. If that is the turning point of flacos career, you guys are in trouble.

bobby jr
01-05-2011, 05:48 PM
[One of the turning points of Flacco's career was when he led the Ravens to that dramatic game winning TD in Pittsburgh in October this year. That erased all doubt that he can beat the Steelers. Of course he still has to do it in the playoffs but at least he has already proven himself and gotten that out of the way. He silenced the crowd at Heinz field and proved that he can come through in the clutch against the Steelers, turning a close loss into an important Ravens victory.

The "dramatic game winning td" as you call it, came from a possession that started at the Steelers 40 yard line, with plenty if time on the clock. If that is the turning point of flacos career, you guys are in trouble.[/QUOTE]

Plenty of time? There were 55 seconds to go with no timeouts left for the Ravens. 40 yards to go. Steelers by 4.
The crowd noise was unbelievable.

There was no time to run the ball. It was all on the QB. Joe cooly hit Boldin twice and the Houshmanzadeh and then fired the game winning TD pass. That was as dramatic of a game winning TD drive as you would want to see.

bobby jr
01-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Yes, but it's too bad the Steelers won't be starting their 4th string QB every time, huh?

They played the Ravens twice. The Steelers scored 1 less point with Ben as QB in Baltimore. He didn't exactly light up the Ravens in that game. Now he did have a broken nose and I give him credit for playing through that, and it could have adversely affected his performance.

But when you look at the history of the Ravens Steelers games except for rare exceptions the games are low scoring and Ben has generally not dominated the Ravens.He's won a lot of games that could have gone either way. Nothing like what Peyton Manning has done to us where the Colts have easily won those games against the Ravens.

mizzouristeeler
01-05-2011, 05:54 PM
More dramatic than ben hitting holmes in the corner of the endzone to win a *ahem* sixth superbowl? I don't think so.

MDSteel15
01-05-2011, 05:55 PM
man, you have an excuse for everything, don't you...

That's the way Baltimorons work... :popcorn:

TRH
01-05-2011, 06:10 PM
They played the Ravens twice. The Steelers scored 1 less point with Ben as QB in Baltimore. He didn't exactly light up the Ravens in that game. Now he did have a broken nose and I give him credit for playing through that, and it could have adversely affected his performance.

But when you look at the history of the Ravens Steelers games except for rare exceptions the games are low scoring and Ben has generally not dominated the Ravens.He's won a lot of games that could have gone either way. Nothing like what Peyton Manning has done to us where the Colts have easily won those games against the Ravens.

ok.....SERIOUSLY now. Don't they have a "baltimore ravens" forum somewhere you should be posting in and visiting??? What the hell are you even doing here. I see other teams fan coming in here...reading some...maybe making the random post (and usually they're pretty cool...) ....but dude, really, its like you're living here and just trolling.
I sure as hell wouldn't spend a good chunk of my time on a Raven's forum. I might check it out once in a while, maybe, if that.

MDSteel15
01-05-2011, 06:11 PM

Obviously you don't understand getting jacked playing in front of the home crowd,because Baltimore fans usually stay drunk during the game, and playing at higher level at home than on the road.... If Ben were in that game it would have been us by 17.... :wave:

lionslicer
01-05-2011, 06:14 PM

I don't think anyone is comparing Ben to touchdown machine Manning. And the Ravens have kept Manning in check, in his 49 touchdown year, the held him to 1 touchdown.

bobby jr
01-05-2011, 06:32 PM
ok.....SERIOUSLY now. Don't they have a "baltimore ravens" forum somewhere you should be posting in and visiting??? What the hell are you even doing here. I see other teams fan coming in here...reading some...maybe making the random post (and usually they're pretty cool...) ....but dude, really, its like you're living here and just trolling.
I sure as hell wouldn't spend a good chunk of my time on a Raven's forum. I might check it out once in a while, maybe, if that.

Actually I do post on the Ravens 24-7 forum under a different screen-name. and I only occasionally post on the Steelers forum when there is an upcoming Ravens Steelers game looming.

steelers33
01-05-2011, 06:33 PM
The "dramatic game winning td" as you call it, came from a possession that started at the Steelers 40 yard line, with plenty if time on the clock. If that is the turning point of flacos career, you guys are in trouble.

Plenty of time? There were 55 seconds to go with no timeouts left for the Ravens. 40 yards to go. Steelers by 4.
The crowd noise was unbelievable.

There was no time to run the ball. It was all on the QB. Joe cooly hit Boldin twice and the Houshmanzadeh and then fired the game winning TD pass. That was as dramatic of a game winning TD drive as you would want to see.[/QUOTE]

Uh Oh the fat pathetic Maryland Slob is back trying to defend his inferior team. This dude is such a fkn idiot lol loser. You wonna know what a dramatic game winning drive is? Leading your team to win the Super Bowl with 2:30 left. But then again, I guess you can never experience that, so a good consolation for you is to beat us with our 4th string quarterback. Also lol at your skill players being better than ours. Boldin has underachieved hosh is a joirneyman and mason is old. While Sanders and Brown are the best rookie WR combo in football. Mike Wallace is the most dangerous receiver in football. And you can't forget about tough Hall of Fame bound Hines Ward. On top of that Heath Miller is better than Todd Heap, and Rashard Mendenhall is even with Ray Rice. Why do you like to troll a teams fan forum that is better than your team. Lol, how bad do you want to be the Steelers.

bobby jr
01-05-2011, 06:34 PM
More dramatic than ben hitting holmes in the corner of the endzone to win a *ahem* sixth superbowl? I don't think so.

Well that was a dramatic pass and a good game winning drive, but let's face it, the AZ defense was below average for a Super Bowl team. Nott the Ravens defense. The AZ team outscored their opponents by one point that year and were 9-7.

lionslicer
01-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Well that was a dramatic pass and a good game winning drive, but let's face it, the AZ defense was below average for a Super Bowl team. Nott the Ravens defense. The AZ team outscored their opponents by one point that year and were 9-7.

The Arizona defense stepped up in the post season, only allowing 250(only 190 passing in both games too) yards in their first two games. They broke down in the philly game allowed 450 yards, but they got 3 turnovers. and 9 total turnovers in the 2 games before that.

steelerchad
01-05-2011, 08:05 PM
That AZ team was able to win 3 games in the playoffs before they got to us. They had a great QB and were the hot team. They gave us a much tougher game than the Ravens did just 2 weeks before.

steelerchad
01-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Actually I do post on the Ravens 24-7 forum under a different screen-name. and I only occasionally post on the Steelers forum when there is an upcoming Ravens Steelers game looming.

This game isn't looming until you win this week.

Third Rail
01-05-2011, 09:31 PM

So... your way of "proving" that the Ravens are a good team is by pointing out that they choke in games against the Steelers they could have potentially won instead of just getting their asses handed to them for an entire 60 minutes, like they have against other teams.

Interesting logic.

bobby jr
01-05-2011, 09:40 PM
So... your way of "proving" that the Ravens are a good team is by pointing out that they choke in games against the Steelers they could have potentially won instead of just getting their asses handed to them for an entire 60 minutes, like they have against other teams.

Interesting logic.

So to you losing a close game is "choking". I disagree. It happens.

And a pattern of winning close games against one team, games which could go either way, is usually based upon luck, which eventually runs out.

If the games occur, I think most NFL fans and experts believe the Ravens have a better chance of beating Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh this year in the playoffs, than the Steelers have a chance of beating the Patriots in Foxborough.

The reason is simple. The Ravens play the Steelers tough.

The Steelers do not play New England tough. They get dominated by the Pats.

figg
01-05-2011, 11:02 PM

lmao!!! I gues you would say that Bruce Gradkowski had his turning point last year against the Steelers too :rofl:

ricardisimo
01-06-2011, 02:19 AM
There's no point in continuing this discussion. BJ has an a homeristic opinion of his QB that will not change until he sucks it up in the playoffs a few more years. I'll agree to say nice things about Flacco if he comes out of Sunday's game with a passer rating in the 90+ range. And if he comes out of the playoffs holding a Lombardi over his head, then I'll call him "great" (even if his team won in spite of him.)

Ain't gonna happen, so I needn't lose any sleep over it.