PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday notes

mesaSteeler
01-05-2011, 09:31 PM
NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop. Dale can also be heard on Tuesday nights throughout the season from 7 to 9 p.m. on WBGG 970-AM.
Wednesday, January 05, 2011
Wednesday notes

The Steelers did some Steelers vs. Steelers work today, working on their hurry-up offense with the addition of piped in crowd noise.

The offense easily scored all three times - though the defense was missing a number of veterans.

The other interesting thing was that even though the team practiced indoors and most of the players were in shorts, Ben Roethlisberger wore a glove on his throwing hand for continuity purposes.

Aaron Smith again dressed for practice and participated in the team stretch, but did little else.

Watching Byron Leftwich this week, it's obvious he needs the addition snaps this week is providing him.

Leftwich is throwing a lot of flutter balls right now.

Fire Arians
01-05-2011, 09:40 PM
what i don't understand is why leftwich is the backup when charlie did just fine in that role. actually quite good. better than anything i've ever seen lefty do.

charlie has played a couple actual games and i feel would probably the most battle ready out of all the backups.

Merchant
01-05-2011, 09:42 PM
LEFTWICH. BLOWS. Need anything else be said?