PDA

View Full Version : Not playoff related,,,but Huge news!!

sarahpalinhater
01-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Just a few moments ago, a friend of mine, a fellow steeler fan said that there are reports from 860 AM in Arizona that apparently, WR Larry Fitzgerald has informed the team that he wants to be dealt. And he said he basically only wants to go to the steelers :tt03: My friend said that the radio said Fitz has a No trade claus in his 4 year deal he signed in 2008,,,so Arizona cannot just deal him to whoever they want.

How great would it be to get Fitzgerald in a steeler uniform in 2011 ? And if heonly wants to go here, I bet we can get him for a 2nd and a 4th round draft pick easily. Cause what other choice will they have ? I mean he can outright just leave them after next season, and they get nothing. Cause part of the deal also included that Fitzgerald cannot in any way be tagged either.

I know this is playoff time, and we can't worry about next season. But how great would a 4 WR unit with Fits and Wallace on the outside, and Ward and Sanders on the Inside with Miller also lined up ?

Lets see Baltimore try to compete with that :applaudit:

Deserei90
01-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Your friend heard him say that on the news? If so, then well. Welcome Larry:tt02:

steelers33
01-05-2011, 11:18 PM
I dont really know. We need to find depth in this upcoming draft, and the Steelers already have plenty of wideout talent. You have to be careful with these type of situations to make sure the player is a good fit in or organization and offense. Just look at Cincy, adding TO but still not winning. But yes, I do think Fits could benefit this offense and could be the big receiver Ben always wanted. But it's all speculation at this point anyways.

skinart82
01-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Would be nice to have a big physical WR like Fitz, but the realist in me doesn't see any chance of this happening. But you're right, it would be awesome to see and Ben would just be in Heaven!

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-05-2011, 11:24 PM
I know this is playoff time, and we can't worry about next season. But how great would a 4 WR unit with Fits and Wallace on the outside, and Brown and Sanders on the Inside with Miller also lined up ?

Now this would be amazing.

ETL
01-05-2011, 11:24 PM
He's due $7 mil next year and I don't know if we will inherit his signing bonus cap hit or if there even will be a cap but it's an additional $4 mil meaning his cap hit to Arizona is $11 mil next year

We need to keep Woodley, Ike, Timmons, and maybe even Colon. I don't know if there is enough money to go around. If Fitzgerald takes a paycut to come to a winning team like the Steelers, then it may be doable.

sarahpalinhater
01-05-2011, 11:26 PM
You are all right. But if true, and if it costs us little, why not do it ? Fitz is a proven talent. A chain mover. And can take Ward's place when he retires, which will probably be after next season. As for depth, yeah we need another DL for sure. As well as a O-Linemen. But I think Pitt needs to get in the free agent pool for a quality OL. I mean we have young guys in the secondary, and at LB. Use the 1st on the best D-Linemen,,,and then maybe a safety in round 3. Other then that,,we are set.

mizzouristeeler
01-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Fitz would be awesome.

ZoneBlitzer
01-05-2011, 11:32 PM
I posted a thread about this awhile back. My wish was that the Steelers would go after Fitz. He would make a great possession receiver to replace Hines. I had heard that he was unhappy in Arizona. Losing certainly sucks.

jacksolomon
01-05-2011, 11:34 PM
We need to keep Woodley, Ike, Timmons, and maybe even Colon. I don't know if there is enough money to go around.

There won't be. Top shelf talent like Fitz costs and costs big, and there's no getting around it.

tony hipchest
01-06-2011, 12:07 AM
There won't be. Top shelf talent like Fitz costs and costs big, and there's no getting around it.the last salary cap was $128 mil.

the next one will be about $142-145 mil (maybe even higher if goodell gets his way).

im not sure how much this helps the rooneys or steelers, but goodell is hellbent on preventing the patriots, cowboys, redskins, colts, (and even the rooneys whom he put into debt) fall into the salary cap purgatory that the 90's 49ers have been in for more than a decade.

thats what all this labor negotiation is all about. protecting the big guys and the teams that drive this league. some will do what the patriots and steelers do with it. others will go the dan snyder route.

larry will be a patriot.

oh, and OP... ANY steelers talk is welcome (playoff related or not) especially considering the influx of patriot related topics started in our main forum.

sarahpalinhater
01-06-2011, 12:12 AM
If Fitz demands out, then it won't cost that much cause the Cards won't have any power at all. They can't franchise him, or even offer him around cause Fitz has a no trade clause. So the Cards have a choice. Accept a 2nd rounder for him, and maybe a 4th as well. Or get only a comp pick for him in 2012, which at best can only be a 3rd rounder.

USWSteel
01-06-2011, 12:15 AM
I really can't see this happening. But it would be nice to have a replacement for Ward, I think this is his last year. I cant see the Steelers giving up 2 picks for another WR.:noidea:

PhantomJB93
01-06-2011, 12:52 AM
It's weird, because I love him and he could be a GREAT addition to this team but at the same time we don't really NEED him and I don't think we can afford to give up very much for him...at the same time he'd be a great compliment to our corps (3 guys who have bright futures but are VERY similar in skillset, all sub 6' speedsters) and would give Ben that huge target he's wanted for the last half a decade.

I really don't know what Id give up for him though...

lionslicer
01-06-2011, 12:58 AM
Here's the problem, Steelers need to draft OL and a cornerback, whoever is 1st and 2nd round wont come cheap. Woodley wont come cheap, Fitz wont come cheap, (this is actually because of the players union and not players character).
Also Harrison and Ben's massive contracts already take up big parts of the cap. Yeah there's no official cap, but teams have their own cap limits so when the cap comes back, they aren't screwed. Ben really wants a tall deep threat, even with Wallace, I think he'd be willing to renegotiate his contract to get Fitz. If he doesn't do that, Fitz comming here doesn't seem possible.
Unless the Steelers decide to not bring back Woodley and Ike.

ricardisimo
01-06-2011, 01:04 AM
A) We don't need a wide receiver;

B) Name me the last team that actually benefited from getting a high-priced, marquee receiver.

If you say Moss with the Pats, I'll remind you that they look at least as good without him. I'll also remind you of what happened in Ciny this year, and to a lesser extent Baltimore. Neither is a better team than they were last year, and one of them is dramatically worse.

P.S. - I have great difficulty seeing Woodley stay here, regardless of what happens with any other signings.

P.P.S. - I think the story is bogus, so we can drop it until told otherwise. Lord Google should answer everyone's questions about this.
"I want to stay here. I enjoy playing for Coach Whisenhunt." Fitzgerald told the Associated Press this past Wednesday. "I enjoy working for the Bidwills. They've always treated me good since I first got here. This is all I know. I can't ever say that I want to go anywhere else."

sarahpalinhater
01-06-2011, 01:21 AM
[QUOTE=ricardisimo;888709]A) We don't need a wide receiver;

B) Name me the last team that actually benefited from getting a high-priced, marquee receiver.

Keyshawn Johnson! Dealt from the Jets, to Tampa Bay...they won the Super Bowl that very next season,,,,Nuff Said :applaudit:

SoCalFan
01-06-2011, 01:40 AM
I need to see it for myself.Comments like that get played over and over in the news.Is there a link?Besides,WHY would he pick the Steelers,we all know that its the greatest sports franchise,but why for him,was he a Steeler fan as a kid?

SteelKnight
01-06-2011, 01:46 AM
He's due $7 mil next year and I don't know if we will inherit his signing bonus cap hit or if there even will be a cap but it's an additional $4 mil meaning his cap hit to Arizona is $11 mil next year

We need to keep Woodley, Ike, Timmons, and maybe even Colon. I don't know if there is enough money to go around. If Fitzgerald takes a paycut to come to a winning team like the Steelers, then it may be doable.

We could afford it if Ward retires like he should.

ricardisimo
01-06-2011, 01:51 AM
I need to see it for myself.Comments like that get played over and over in the news.Is there a link?Besides,WHY would he pick the Steelers,we all know that its the greatest sports franchise,but why for him,was he a Steeler fan as a kid?
You're kidding, right? I mean, it's a bogus story, and it's not going to happen, but... :doh:

FourThreeMafia
01-06-2011, 04:09 AM
I call BS.

Ive seen Steeler fans say their "friends" had inside sources, or that they HEARD/READ something they cant provide proof for many times...and only one time has anytthing come close to being true, and that was that the Steelers loved Ziggy Hood and were going to draft him.

So, in summary...

1) This 99.999998% probably isnt true
2) This guy is probably just looking for attention
3) Even it were true, it will never ever ever ever happen. Too many other needs, too high a price, and we have a good young WR corps. Id rather spend that money on resigning Woodley, Timmons and maybe signing a OG like Harvey Dahl.

steelerdave1969
01-06-2011, 06:08 AM
I see all points here for sure. But to think that Fitz would come here and play and make big plays for Ben and this offense. I dont look for Hines Ward to be here much longer. Not sure how long he has left on his contract but I am certain whatever length it is . . it will be his Last Steelers Contract for sure. But I love the youth of the WR's we have right now in Wallace and Sanders. But I also know that the Steelers will most likely Franchise Lamar Woodley if he is not resigned by that time. And it wouldnt really surprise me if Ike Taylor is playing his final season with the Steelers.

theplatypus
01-06-2011, 06:22 AM
Your claim is a far cry from what was reported just before Christmas.
"I want to stay here. I enjoy playing for coach [Ken] Whisenhunt. I enjoy working for the Bidwills," Fitzgerald said in an interview with The Associated Press on Wednesday. "They've always treated me good since I first got here. This is all I know. I can't ever say that I want to go anywhere else."

mesaSteeler
01-06-2011, 06:36 AM
This is total BS.

1. I live in the Phoenix metro and 860 AM is a GOSPEL station and does not do sports!
2. There is nothing about Fitz going to the Steelers in the media here about it or on the sports talk radio which is 620 AM, 910 AM, or 1060 AM.
3. Tony is right. If Fitz leaves the Turdnials he will be a Cheat. The Turds will want at least a #1 and #3, in not more. The Cheats have the draft picks to give up and we don't.
4. We won't able to afford him.
5. If we went after an expensive free agent, which we won't, I'd rather have a shutdown corner or a blue chip O-Lineman.

I hate stupid "friend of friend" twitter rumors. The next twitter rumor will be that the Steelers will trade Big Ben for Vince Young or something equally inane.

plenewken
01-06-2011, 06:58 AM
I don't believe it's true. Even if it is, the Steelers don't need him and can't afford him. They have much more urgent needs and higher priorities for their roster.

Atlanta Dan
01-06-2011, 07:02 AM
I don't believe it's true. Even if it is, the Steelers don't need him and can't afford him. They have much more urgent needs and higher priorities for their roster.

Agreed - Unless Larry Fitzgerald can be converted to an offensive lineman there is no way signing him makes sense - as stated above, too many current Steelers need to be re-signed to new contracts and there the WR position is not of the highest priority to fill at the moment with Wallace, Brown and Sanders stepping up

BGSU A Dub
01-06-2011, 07:16 AM
Would I like Fitz on the Steelers? Yes. Is it going to happen? Only in Madden '11.

mesaSteeler
01-06-2011, 07:51 AM
I'll bury this crap right now.

On my way into work this morning, in Phoenix, I flipped through all three sprorts talk raidio stations.

Not ONE word was mentioed about Fitz to the Steelers during my 30 minute commute.

It's total BS.

God's of the Internet pleace save us from Newbies trying to make a splash by posting garbage rumors.

If you are going to post something as NEWS then have at least a semil reliable souce. (And I don't mean the toliet sniffing Florio either. )

So don't post garbage as news unless you like looking like a total fool.

TRH
01-06-2011, 08:00 AM
We'd never be able to afford him.....only way we'd get him is if he was traded on the last year of a contract or something and what would we have to give up?? ALOT.
NO way this would happen...espcially with our 3 youngsters coming into their own corp
I doubt the story as well......this would be ALL OVER espn and such

pete74
01-06-2011, 08:07 AM
i gurentee we wont end up with Fitz. i would like to have him but i would much rather have a good cb or offensive lineman. this is just another rumor

FanSince72
01-06-2011, 08:20 AM
First of all, the story is probably bogus.

But if it were true, why would you want Fitz in the first place?

With Wallace, Sanders and Brown, we have the nucleus of what could be one of the best receiving corps in the game, so why would anyone want to throw a monkey wrench into that?

Signing Fitz would naturally cost a bundle and as a result, we'd be obliged to throw to him as much as possible to justify the expense and then it just becomes the "Larry Fitzgerald Show". That would mean that all of the chemistry that's developing between Ben and Wallace, Sanders and Brown will be tossed aside and those guys will become "the other guys" while Larry becomes the star and morale will disappear and the other guys will jump ship as soon as the opportunity comes along.

Do you really want to risk all of that just to sign a marquee player? Especially one that's losing a step and is headed towards the downside of his career?

Not me.

I like what we have now and what it has the potential to become and I wouldn't risk that for anything. I'd much rather see the Rooneys draft some offensive linemen so that Ben doesn't have to pick himself up off the ground so much.

pete74
01-06-2011, 08:26 AM
First of all, the story is probably bogus.

But if it were true, why would you want Fitz in the first place?

With Wallace, Sanders and Brown, we have the nucleus of what could be one of the best receiving corps in the game, so why would anyone want to throw a monkey wrench into that?

Signing Fitz would naturally cost a bundle and as a result, we'd be obliged to throw to him as much as possible to justify the expense and then it just becomes the "Larry Fitzgerald Show". That would mean that all of the chemistry that's developing between Ben and Wallace, Sanders and Brown will be tossed aside and those guys will become "the other guys" while Larry becomes the star and morale will disappear and the other guys will jump ship as soon as the opportunity comes along.

Do you really want to risk all of that just to sign a marquee player? Especially one that's losing a step and is headed towards the downside of his career?

Not me.

I like what we have now and what it has the potential to become and I wouldn't risk that for anything. I'd much rather see the Rooneys draft some offensive linemen so that Ben doesn't have to pick himself up off the ground so much.

like i said, i would like to have him and would happly cut Brown to bring Fitz in but i would rather fill other needs like our offensive line or cb. with that said your nuts to think Fitz lost a step. i consider him the best and he is only 27. all he needs is a QB that can throw a football and he will shine again

FanSince72
01-06-2011, 08:36 AM
like i said, i would like to have him and would happly cut Brown to bring Fitz in but i would rather fill other needs like our offensive line or cb. with that said your nuts to think Fitz lost a step. i consider him the best and he is only 27. all he needs is a QB that can throw a football and he will shine again

Hey, everybody's got their opinions but I never thought of Fitz as being all that great. Sure, he thrived in that particular offense, but overall I'd say he's really good but I'd stop short of saying "great". As far as losing a step is concerned, maybe he's just caught in a bad situation right now so his numbers don't look as good as they have in the past but I still think his best days are starting to pass him by.

Call it a hunch or a feeling, but that's how I see it.

SteelerEmpire
01-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Steeler's West calling out to us. Wise has soo many former Steeler's players it would only be a form of payback. But did not Fitz play college ball with Pitt ? Steelers would be the talk of the league if they got Fitz... AND get a lot more national televised games.

Fire Haley
01-06-2011, 10:29 AM
The Whiz is a flop in AZ. He can have all the over-the-hill Joey Porters he wants.

Kurt Warner made those receivers great.

I'll take Plex when he gets out of prison instead, much cheaper.

StainlessStill
01-06-2011, 10:37 AM
With Hines Ward's career ending and with Mike Wallace and young guys like Sanders, Fitzgerald would boost our offense in 2011 to be a juggernaut with Ben entering his prime as well as utilizing Heath Miller, Mendenhall in the backfield as well as counteracting the aquisations within the division of Boldin and Houseyourmama. With Arians's having a good outlook that could keep his job for another year, and with his obvious pass first offense, Fitz would fit to a TEE.

This would be an epic turnabout for our offense in '11. Fitz in Black and Gold? HOLY BONER.

Fire Haley
01-06-2011, 10:47 AM
This is total BS.

1. I live in the Phoenix metro and 860 AM is a GOSPEL station and does not do sports!

BWAhahahaha - nice catch - complete bullshit

Welcome to Gospel 860AM

Gospel 860 AM Phoenix Arizona - all the best gospel music 24 hours a day 7 days a week

sarahpalinhater
01-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Anyone saying that Warner made the likes of L-Fitz great should get Michael Vick to put them down!!
Fitz had a great season this year with " TRASH " at the QB spot. He is as tough of a WR with great strength and HUGE Hands as there ever has been. Look, I never said I heard this, I was just passing on what a friend heard. But everything he said to me was correct about Fitz entering his last year of his deal. Where he has a no trade clause and cannot be Franchised. So if it is true,,,,and I KNOW Fitz is the hugest Steeler fan that you can Imagine. And ALL his family is still in Pittsburgh,,,if Fitz does decide he wants out, and says he only wants Pittsburgh,,,we would be Idiots not to get him.

Fire Arians
01-06-2011, 11:00 AM
sanders and brown will be just fine

sarahpalinhater
01-06-2011, 11:07 AM
sanders and brown will be just fine

Yes,,,or they could end up being Troy Edwards 2.0 as well :doh:

Atlanta Dan
01-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Steelers would be the talk of the league if they got Fitz... AND get a lot more national televised games.

Steelers played 5 night games this year, 3 of which were in the showcase NBC Sunday night slot - there is no player in the league who would increase the Steelers nationwide TV appeal if he joined Pittsburgh - other than the Cowboys no NFL team is more of a ratings magnet than the Black & Gold

But as stated previously by many others, this story is ludicrous

LVSteelersfan
01-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Limas Sweed is going to be better than Larry Fitzgerald ever was. Yep. Uh huh. Ok, maybe not. But the Steelers need help on O-line, secondary and D-line not a WR position that we have the most depth of any position on the team. Limas could still be in the mix if he can stay healthy and get his head on straight. Hopefully we have a season next year but I am having my doubts that it will happen.

LukesDad88
01-06-2011, 11:53 AM
An unnamed friend of mine in Chicago just heard on their sports talk radio statuion that Devin Hester wants to come return kick for the Steelers next year! When you combine that with the other news that I heard, that Chris Johnson's wants to come here, and now Fitzgerald? Wow.

Plus, they all said they'd come for vet minimum!

ricardisimo
01-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Yes,,,or they could end up being Troy Edwards 2.0 as well :doh:
So, you have doubts about whether or not Sanders and Brown will flop like Troy Edwards, and so you invented this story... why, exactly? Someone close this thread, please.

mesaSteeler
01-06-2011, 12:03 PM
An unnamed friend of mine in Chicago just heard on their sports talk radio statuion that Devin Hester wants to come return kick for the Steelers next year! When you combine that with the other news that I heard, that Chris Johnson's wants to come here, and now Fitzgerald? Wow.

Plus, they all said they'd come for vet minimum!

Breaking news from twitter, tom Brady, bill belicheat, and roger goodell were busted in a stall in a gay bar last night.

TRH
01-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Steelers played 5 night games this year, 3 of which were in the showcase NBC Sunday night slot - there is no player in the league who would increase the Steelers nationwide TV appeal if he joined Pittsburgh - other than the Cowboys no NFL team is more of a ratings magnet than the Black & Gold

But as stated previously by many others, this story is ludicrous

it certainly didn't help our national media coverage by losing all 3 of those games.....
I agree. Fitz wouldn't help our appeal at all. We already have a large appeal and the biggest fanbase in the NFL nationwide.

Fire Haley
01-06-2011, 12:16 PM
if Fitz does decide he wants out, and says he only wants Pittsburgh,,,we would be Idiots not to get him.

The reality is we would be idiots to get him and lose Woodley, Ike, and all our other FA's. We have bigger needs at other positions than WR. Like OL. Especially if Flo retires and we lose Willie Colon.

We're not paying Fitz $11M a year to play in Pittsburgh either, this isn't Madden.

Atlanta Dan
01-06-2011, 12:17 PM
it certainly didn't help our national media coverage by losing all 3 of those games.....

Ummm - Steelers won the Baltimore game, which featured big plays from Polamalu & Roethlisberger and illustrated why the Steelers are a draw

As for winning or losing, networks want ratings- they could care less who wins - the only dog of the 3 NBC games was the New England game, not because the Steelers lost but because it was a blowout in the 3rd quarter

LukesDad88
01-06-2011, 12:21 PM
and I KNOW Fitz is the hugest Steeler fan that you can Imagine. And ALL his family is still in Pittsburgh,,,[/QUOTE]

BS. Fitz's dad is sports writer in Minnesoota, his brother is a semi-pro player in California (and I don't mean California, PA), and his mother passed. The only reason Fitzgerald came to PA was to attend Valley Forge, as they've put out a lot of football players. He originally intended to go back to Minnesoota for college, but he got an opportunity to go to Pitt, which gave him a far better chance to go Pro.

Yes, he knows some of the players and staff from his days sharing facilities while he was with the Panthers. That's about the end of it.

Move oon to the next lie.

Fire Haley
01-06-2011, 12:28 PM
It doesn't even matter if he wanted to play here... Fitz gets $7M next season in salary alone.

His last extension was 4 years, $40M, with $15M to sign and almost $25M guaranteed.

Dream on

steelerchad
01-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Ummm - Steelers won the Baltimore game, which featured big plays from Polamalu & Roethlisberger and illustrated why the Steelers are a draw

As for winning or losing, networks want ratings- they could care less who wins - the only dog of the 3 NBC games was the New England game, not because the Steelers lost but because it was a blowout in the 3rd quarter

The Steelers already get the most TV exposure of any team nationally. Each team is only allowed 5 prime times games per year anyway. We got the max this year and that's coming off a disappointing season. The Steelers always get at least 3 prime time games, usually 4 or 5. That won't change.

littlekid137
01-06-2011, 12:58 PM
The Steelers already get the most TV exposure of any team nationally. Each team is only allowed 5 prime times games per year anyway. We got the max this year and that's coming off a disappointing season. The Steelers always get at least 3 prime time games, usually 4 or 5. That won't change.

Gotta love us...

jacksolomon
01-06-2011, 01:00 PM
How about Revis and (Jake) Long? If we're going to indulge in pipe dreams, how about positions of real need?

stb_steeler
01-06-2011, 01:57 PM
I dont really know. We need to find depth in this upcoming draft, and the Steelers already have plenty of wideout talent. You have to be careful with these type of situations to make sure the player is a good fit in or organization and offense. Just look at Cincy, adding TO but still not winning. But yes, I do think Fits could benefit this offense and could be the big receiver Ben always wanted. But it's all speculation at this point anyways.

U cant compare Fitz to the troubled TO.....Larry has a better work ethic. He would fit in with the Steelers perfectly.

sarahpalinhater
01-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Okay move on then...Geesh! I agree we need help on the D-Line and O-Line for sure. But secondary is okay.
Lewis and Butler are said to be finds. It's just that Tomlin doesn't like too many young guys in the secondary.
We could use a safety maybe for Ryan, that is unless Mundy is capable. I agree though, if we could spend money,,get a LT cause ours sucks!! Move Max back to RT, that makes Colen a Non Issue. And upgrade the guard in the draft for Kemo the penalty maker, cause he sucks as well.

Steeldude
01-06-2011, 02:14 PM
every year steelers' fans want WRs. why? how about an OL, DB or DL?

fitzgerald is not important enough to spend that kind of ridiculous money on. WRs should never make that much. put the money towards the OL.

sarahpalinhater
01-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Fitz would take less then 10 million to play here. I guarantee that. And I would rather spend 10 million on Fitz, then the over 12 million we are throwing away on Max Starks

Shtillers
01-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Out of all the WR's in the game, I actually think Fitz is a good guy on and off the field. Not much of a distraction. I don't think he'd like what the Steelers would be willing to pay him, but --- would be cool!

LukesDad88
01-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Fitz would take less then 10 million to play here. I guarantee that. And I would rather spend 10 million on Fitz, then the over 12 million we are throwing away on Max Starks

You guarantee that? Brilliant. Let's sign the paperwork, then.

:coffee:

ricardisimo
01-06-2011, 02:41 PM
It's not going to happen. The OP made this up. Close the thread, please.

sarahpalinhater
01-06-2011, 02:45 PM
It's not going to happen. The OP made this up. Close the thread, please.

I didn't make anything up. I was just relaying what I was told. If you choose to think it's not plausable, or a lie then fine...DON'T post responces then...okay ? :thumbsup:

fer522
01-06-2011, 02:49 PM
we DO NOT need another WR
he is a very good one but we really
have bigger hole we need to fill

ricardisimo
01-06-2011, 02:49 PM
I didn't make anything up. I was just relaying what I was told. If you choose to think it's not plausable, or a lie then fine...DON'T post responces then...okay ? :thumbsup:
So you didn't make up hearing this news on Gospel radio? I mean, it is gospel, which is like God's own word, so I guess I have no right to doubt this. :rolleyes:

As long as we're all boosting your post count, please tell us why you can guarantee that Fitz will take less than his market value. I can't wait...

ricardisimo
01-06-2011, 02:52 PM
It's a moot point. Reggie Wayne, Brandon Lloyd and Roddy White are not coming here either. Adrian Peterson will not take less than his market value to play here, and neither will Cameron Wake and Darrell Revis. The OP dug himself a gossip hole, and now we need to leave him screaming in it all alone.

sarahpalinhater
01-06-2011, 02:56 PM
So you didn't make up hearing this news on Gospel radio? I mean, it is gospel, which is like God's own word, so I guess I have no right to doubt this. :rolleyes:

As long as we're all boosting your post count, please tell us why you can guarantee that Fitz will take less than his market value. I can't wait...

He took 10 million on average with AZ, that was below market value then. I imagine he would take around the same or less to be with his favorite team. But you're right, I don't really know. Just like you don't know that Sanders and Brown will ever be nothing more then Troy Edwward wannabes.

StainlessStill
01-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Cue the photoshopped Fitzgerald in a Steelers jersey pic.

thumper
01-06-2011, 03:16 PM

Woooaaaaaaaaaaaaaa kid. "Plenty of WR talent?" We are a Hines Ward
retirement away from lacking there. Are you kidding? Hines is near done.
If he wins a ring this year he said it is his last.

OK, without Hines, what we got?

Wallace - awesome. Not a pure #1 but great speed and good hands.
Sanders - show promise, not a legit starter yet.
Randle El - nearly retired.
Brown - clone of Sanders.

And what else? That is NOT a loaded unit by any stretch.

Now, as far as needing to watch what kind of personality you
add to a team, as you can F up chemistry? You are 100% correct.
That being said, Larry is a known class, high character guy. He
would be _no_ problem on that end, and, as a matter of fact, would
make the team even better as far as attitude goes. Why do you
think he only wants to go to the Steelers (If that is true)? He knows
what the team is about, from first hand experience when he was
at PITT. They shared the same facilities and he knows the
team and he knows them.

If true, this would be a fantastic pick up. Fitz on one side, Wallace
on the other and Sanders and Brown inside. Fitz would replace
the void left from Hines leaving, as far as leadership in the WR unit.

If true, this is exciting.

theplatypus
01-06-2011, 03:16 PM
He took 10 million on average with AZ, that was below market value then. I imagine he would take around the same or less to be with his favorite team. But you're right, I don't really know. Just like you don't know that Sanders and Brown will ever be nothing more then Troy Edwward wannabes.

Can you find one Cardinals fan that heard the same thing? It would certainly give credence to your story if you had something that resembled a credible source.

thumper
01-06-2011, 03:18 PM

We may have bigger voids, but in a short time, not really.

Hines and Randle El are virtually done. That leaves us with....

..Wallace, Sanders, Brown.....

Not what I would call a deep unit.

SteelCityMom
01-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Ok, I have to say that if this was being discussed on the radio (in any kind of serious sense), there would be a corroborating story to go with it (unless the guys on the radio were just fantasizing).

I looked. There's nothing out there to suggest this is even a slim possibility. So until there is a story about this giving it some merit, thread is closed.