PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 4 Round Mock

steelerdave1969
01-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Just a short list of players that I wouldnt mind seeing the Steelers with in 2011.

1. OG Stephen Wisniewski 6'3" 306 lbs Penn State
2. DT Marvin Austin 6'3" 310 lbs UNC
3. TE Luke Stocker 6'6" 253 lbs Tennessee
4. S Quintin Carter 6'1 200 lbs Oklahoma

I think that Wisniewski will be a great player and he would fit right in next to Pouncey. Austin most likely wont make it to us in round 2, but stranger things have happened and he would or could be a great replacement for Hampton soon.
I know we have Miller at TE but with a couple concussions he may have troubles and we need a replacement if needed and Stocker is an awesome talent. And Carter would b nice to have ready if needed with Troy's history.

PhantomJB93
01-17-2011, 02:22 PM
I really like Wisnieski, personally I think he is a MUCH better offensive guard/center than Mike Pouncey but due to Maurkice's success and the fact he is Maurkice's brother the general public seems to think otherwise :noidea: It actually reminds me of the Peyton-Eli Manning thing but with offensive linemen lol, Mike is the worse of the two but is getting extra credit for being his brother.

I'd still prefer a CB in round 1 but I wouldn't be upset with Wisnieski. I WILL be upset if we take Pouncey over Wisniewski though.

jollyrob68
01-19-2011, 02:26 PM
I'd like a lineman one of the top ones. I'd take Hudson over Wisnieski. If no lineman available then I'd like a top CB or hope Camron Heyward slips or take Christian Ballard
They say Mike Pouncey is a better run blocker than Maurkice. I'd love to have them side by side.

pete74
01-20-2011, 07:19 AM
i would love to draft Pouncey just because im sure him and his brother will have great chemistry and work awesome together. it will also make them happier then anything in this world. it would be really nice to take a corner or NT in the 1st then trade down in the 2nd to grab him if he fell. i wouldnt complain if we grabed him in the 1st though

MasterOfPuppets
01-20-2011, 09:23 AM
I really like Wisnieski, personally I think he is a MUCH better offensive guard/center than Mike Pouncey but due to Maurkice's success and the fact he is Maurkice's brother the general public seems to think otherwise :noidea: It actually reminds me of the Peyton-Eli Manning thing but with offensive linemen lol, Mike is the worse of the two but is getting extra credit for being his brother.

I'd still prefer a CB in round 1 but I wouldn't be upset with Wisnieski. I WILL be upset if we take Pouncey over Wisniewski though.
i'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that your a penn state fan ?

every scouting report i've seen has a common opinion of Wisniewski
1. best suited for a zone blocking scheme
2 doesn't have the size or strength to play guard in the NFL.

PhantomJB93
01-20-2011, 08:05 PM
i'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that your a penn state fan ?

every scouting report i've seen has a common opinion of Wisniewski
1. best suited for a zone blocking scheme
2 doesn't have the size or strength to play guard in the NFL.

Not exactly a "fan" but I watch all their games (my dad is a fan) and Wisniewski is tremendous at Guard, I don't get the size/strength argument because he seems perfectly fine as far as physical build goes, and just watching him play he rarely makes a mistake, drives whoever he's blocking back with tremendous force, and always finishes his blocks and goes out of his way to block downfield as well...reminds me of Maurkice a bit actually as far as his playing style goes

Just from what I've seen from (Mike) Pouncey, he just doesn't always seem as "aware" as Wisniewski or his older brother and just doesn't seem as good as his reputation. Maybe he just sucks at center as I never actually watched him play guard alongside his brother but as it stands right now if we're taking an interior lineman I just see Wisniewski as the better pick :noidea:

steelerdave1969
01-21-2011, 06:43 PM
Dont know what or who your listening to, but everyone I have heard about
Wisniewski they love him at Guard. I would also love to see Austin
in a Steelers uniform as well, but I honestly dont think he will ever make it to us in the 2nd round. This guy had off the field problems at UNC but he is a Total Beast
and would be a nice replacement for Hampton in the next couple
years I believe. I just think the Offensive line at OT for us is playing pretty well
considering we have had all the injuries. That just means playing time for these other
guys and Scott at LT is getting precious playing time that will only help
him and he is just a rookie. Just my thoughts though.
:coffee:

MDSteel15
01-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Hated it...